Heretic: Curse of Darkness

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Jinal

Re: Heretic: Curse of Darkness

Post by Jinal »

Over at Doomworld forums I've brought a suggestion or a request about the possibility of a female protagonist for this mod but apparently though no one has made a female equivalent (perhaps Corvus like?) sprite though which I wondering if anyone here can make one?
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

If this is aiming to be a prequel to Heretic, wouldnt it make more sense to have the protagonist be a young Corvus? or perhaps an ancestor of his?
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

Cyberdemon2006 wrote:If this is aiming to be a prequel to Heretic, wouldnt it make more sense to have the protagonist be a young Corvus? or perhaps an ancestor of his?
Or maybe his mother?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

This still looks pretty amazing and I'm just going to go on record that I don't even care who the main character is; I'm sure this will be loads of fun regardless.
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Woah! Impressive! I'm fascinated by the design of your weapons and of your HUD! Can't wait to be able to put my hands on them! :)
Expect No Mercy

Post by Expect No Mercy »

ravage wrote: What's COTIS? It might not be compatible.
Maybe, but there is enough Heretic in this mod. So I can make a SE for that... maybe
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

The screenshots are brilliant ravage, this is going to be awesome.
Halfblind

Post by Halfblind »

Hey Ravage,

Just a quick question, if this is going to be a prequel to the serpent riders saga would it cover the following details?

1. Tell the story of how the Elven priest prophesied the coming events that would lead to Pathoris's destruction.
2. Tell the story of how the Elven priests watched over the seven candlesticks that represented the seven lands and seven kingdoms.
3. Tell the story of the how the Elven priests extinguished the candlesticks because of the fall of the seven kingdoms to the serpent riders and how they now worship the demons of destruction as gods.
4. Tell the story of the complete slaughter of the Elven race by D'Sparil and how he with 1 spell killed all the Elven priests.
5. Tell the story of those remaining elves that that live in exile.
6. Tell why D'Sparil now dresses in red when he entered the world dressed in black, while he rode on the chaos serpents.

Furthermore I imagine that maybe, Corvus knew the 3 heroes from Hexen. This might be a little twist in the story.

Just a little thought.
ravage

Post by ravage »

Prequel is a little loose as it probably won't be the same world as Parthoris, but still involve the Serpent Riders. Mostly where they came from and how they got here.
NIGHTKILLER05

Post by NIGHTKILLER05 »

Hi, first of all, thanks for the great job, this will be a great mod, i hope you can help me, i need to make a words with the typography of your mod's logo, can you say me how do you make that text? thanks in advance i hope you can help me.
Last edited by NIGHTKILLER05 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

WHAT A BIG BUMP! Is this mod still in development?
ravage

Post by ravage »

Its currently in hiatus while I work on Hocusdoom and other projects. I have not had any inspiration to continue this at the moment. I may wrap up the first episode and release it in the future though.
Blaskovic

Post by Blaskovic »

Dude, i hope you can finish this project. Looks freakin' promising! take care man
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Holy crap this is impressive stuff! Really gives me that vibe of "RPG I would've given a leg to play as a kid"... though I've grown attached to my leg (pun intended), now I'd give a kidney, maybe? :P
Rustblade

Post by Rustblade »

ravage wrote:Its currently in hiatus while I work on Hocusdoom and other projects. I have not had any inspiration to continue this at the moment. I may wrap up the first episode and release it in the future though.
Ahh well I wouldn't want to distract you from HocusDoom, been playing that a bunch lately. But if you decided you were no longer interested in this, would you consider passing it on to someone else? This looks waaaaay too amazing to just die

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”