(WIP) The Ultimate Icon Of Sin

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: (WIP) The Ultimate Icon Of Sin

Postby NantoCodd » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:09 am

...or maybe God chained it there, just like in the Dante's Inferno
NantoCodd

Postby doomquake777 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:40 am

NantoCodd wrote:...or maybe God chained it there, just like in the Dante's Inferno

That sounds like a good Idea as well, and could also fuel why the Demons hate/fear it so much!
doomquake777

Postby Vampocalypse » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:57 pm

I would pee my pants if the music to the final boss was this theme.
Vampocalypse

Postby Valherran » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:27 pm

Vampocalypse wrote:I would pee my pants if the music to the final boss was this theme.

Doesn't really fit the theme of the MOD TBH...
Valherran

Postby wildweasel » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:20 pm

If I were designing a level around this, I'd choose this for the initial music, and this for the reveal. Possibly this one if I had to give him another stage.

(In case you hadn't noticed, I'm something of a Fire Emblem nut lately...)
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Vampocalypse » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Valherran wrote:Doesn't really fit the theme of the MOD TBH...

I don't know about that, here you are fighting through hell, killing demons, gore everywhere, then suddenly.. a dark empty feeling,
creepy music, and then.. a horrible gigantic endboss, leader of hell, serious business!

But.. it would never work because of all the gunfire and explosion sounds, the music (and the feeling of loneliness) would be drowned out in the noise.
Vampocalypse

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:12 pm

it doesn't fit, because it sounds like anything BUT the theme for a gigantic endboss. it sounds like background music for a dark and lonely place. if anything, an endboss in Doom would probably benefit more from something upbeat instead of dark and gloomy.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Lives To Serve

Postby Valherran » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Reason I say it does not fit because this MOD is metal themed and not dark ambiance themed, which is what you guys are suggesting.
Valherran

Postby Vampocalypse » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:10 am

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:it doesn't fit, because it sounds like anything BUT the theme for a gigantic endboss.

And yet it is.

Valherran wrote:Reason I say it does not fit because this MOD is metal themed and not dark ambiance themed, which is what you guys are suggesting.

I can dig that reason, Though I feel that Mark's upcoming map pack is a more serious one then the heavy metal chainsawing maps of regular doom.

(judging by his 3 released maps)
Vampocalypse

Postby Nightfall » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 am

doomquake777 wrote:
Ghostbreed wrote:No way in hell they could...

It's not entirely impossible, think about it, if a large group of Arch-viles can move a Cyberdemon around a map if they all cast their flame spell at once, then Imagine what thousands of them in Hell could do if they all cast the spell at the same time. Plus you would have all the other demons in Hell working together. If that still doesn't sound good enough then why not just say Satan Chained him there?

The way the map is now doesn't seem like it would give this boss enough room to move around anyways, and if the level gets to big you could just Circle Strafe around the boss until it dies.

I don't think the IoS is Satan but rather a big-ass goat that the essence of Hell chained up to spawn minions around. Like a greater darkness than the puny imps and cyberdemons you fight who needed a demon factory.
Nightfall

Postby mincartoon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:26 am

Nightfall wrote:I don't think the IoS is Satan but rather a big-ass goat that the essence of Hell chained up to spawn minions around. Like a greater darkness than the puny imps and cyberdemons you fight who needed a demon factory.

Icon of Sin is a physical manifest of Lilith, the mother of all demons (so it's a she-goat).
Inside its brain resides John Romero (Baphomet). This makes Icon of Sin an hermaphrodite.

Lilith provides Idea (Unholy Spirit) and Romero provides Semen (Unholy Body), and the baby demon is packaged into the skullbox.
Like stem cell the baby demons differentiate and grow very quickly in the presence of Aether - the material that fills our universe.
Last edited by mincartoon on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
mincartoon

Postby Gez » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:21 am

wat
Gez

Postby DoomedGuy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:24 pm

What about this theme after the Icon of Sin appears? Ironically in this level kratos is facing the leader of hell and I think it would perfectly fit the level :D
DoomedGuy

Postby doomquake777 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:39 am

I like the music that is set to play right now. I think it fits in better since it is a Doom song.
doomquake777

Postby Vampocalypse » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:42 am

DoomedGuy wrote:What about this theme after the Icon of Sin appears? Ironically in this level kratos is facing the leader of hell and I think it would perfectly fit the level :D

Sounds too much like a Hollywood movie would, I can't help but expect Rambo to show up during this theme.
Last edited by Vampocalypse on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vampocalypse

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects