ZHalloween [is this even still being worked on?!]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

HotWax wrote:<voice=cartman>Come on...... Come ooonnnnnnn......</voice>
Though obviously you stupid n00bs that keep on every bloody time it comes round haven't quite let reason cross your mind yet.
Yes, blame the people who were told the WAD would be coming out Halloween 2 years ago. Good call.

If you're going to announce a deadline and then miss it be several years, you should expect negative feedback.
ZOMG HOTWAX WINS!!!!!!!1111111

He has got a point there, this topic was created in 2004, and people don’t expect a wad to take this long to finish, apart from KDIZD. If it takes that long to make then very few people will know its finished when its finished
Belial

Post by Belial »

HotWax wrote:If you're going to announce a deadline and then miss it be several years, you should expect negative feedback.
Yes, whining always helps.

Especially when the biggest whiners are nobodies.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

And repeatedly promising a release by a deadline that you're clearly not going to make never helps, either.
Hobbs

Post by Hobbs »

I love this place. Only place I've ever found where people cannot find themselves at fault and have some inane justification for most anything. Its almost like a theatre play. Owait
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I think HotWax has missed the point that Belial got.

Regardless of whether or not announcing a deadline and then not meeting it is wrong (I personally don't care, as the mappers are under no obligation to be finished just because they said they could be. Afterall, this is a hobby we're talking about) having a bunch of nubcakes whining on about the release is a lot more irritating.
caco_killer

Post by caco_killer »

I guess someone shouldn't have said this would be out by a certain date, then.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

And my only point was that if you don't want 74 pages of whining, you shouldn't promise something you can't deliver.

It's as simple as not announcing a release date until you're 100% sure it's going to happen. Randy manages to do this on a daily basis. :P
Hobbs

Post by Hobbs »

If you keep your whining up hotwax you can make it 75 pages

GO FOR IT!!!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

HotWax wrote:And my only point was that if you don't want 74 pages of whining, you shouldn't promise something you can't deliver.

It's as simple as not announcing a release date until you're 100% sure it's going to happen. Randy manages to do this on a daily basis. :P
Unexpected things happen in life. Just Take Millenium Doom. I've yet to see it come out (unless i've missed it somehow). :P
Nash

Post by Nash »

Have you considered just stepping down and hading this project over to someone else who can finish it for this year's Halloween?
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

Hobbs wrote:Only place I've ever found where people cannot find themselves at fault and have some inane justification for most anything.
I should print that out and post it in my cube at work.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

Have you considered just stepping down and hading this project over to someone else who can finish it for this year's Halloween?
Would that be an offer of help? I'll admit I haven't worked on this as much as I should have, but I'm going to do as much as I can to make it work out this year. That's not a promise it will be released, though. If you want to help, and not take over, that would be grand.
Nash

Post by Nash »

No, that wasn't an offer for help. I actually would really love to see this finished once and for all, but I really can't contribute because my plate is already full.

It was just an idea. I was thinking that someone who is totally free and can and WILL finish this just take over the whole thing.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

Ah, okay, that's understandable as we've dropped the ball, and repeatedly. Though it has advanced some over the past couple weeks, now since school has started again, time for working on it is preciously small. However, there should not be too much work to be done to miss this years release. Again, no promises.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

I don't want to sound like an ass, but how can you be so wrong about a release date? It was stated with confidence that this would be out for Halloween 2006, mere days before the holiday. I could understand missing the deadline by a few days, or a week, but 3 months? And you're now "reasonably" sure it'll be out by this Halloween? I don't see how you can state that something should be out in a few days and then be wrong by a year.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”