Cyberrunner - 0.11 - No longer in progress

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
TerminusEst13

Re: [WIP] Cyberrunner - 0.11 - Polish and extra stuff.

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Since the cat's out of the bag now, yeah. There's going to be a grapple hook in 0.12, for even more maneuverability.

Here's a video of it in action.

Estopolis

Post by Estopolis »

That is amazing.
I didn't even think Doom could handle movement like that.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

zdoom engine's blast processing, eh?

anyway if that's a grappling hook, the front part should be a real claw or something. i mean, for my eye, with firing sound, it's just looks like 'Zero-point Energy plasma Sticky rope' to me. does it possible to make that front part into a real claw so we can call 'em a 'Grappling Hook?'
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Amazing mod, stumbled upon it on doomseeker, was blown away. Only have a few requests though : Put some maps that mesh well on the zdoom page of this (Actual links I mean...saves people time, and its very nice to have everything in one place) And PLEASE do something about the shotgun tracers. My game pretty much stops if the shotgun tracers go further than throwing distance, and since many maps are huge, this is a big problem. Is there a way to make the tracers like the railgun "lines" rather than strings of particles / sprites?...cause the current method just DESTROYS the FPS, if only for a moment.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Have you tried "cyber_cl_notrails 1" in the console?
And thank you, I'm glad you like it. I'll see if I can dig up some map links--I think having some maps at the ready to play with this might help people's interest in it.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

TerminusEst13 wrote:Have you tried "cyber_cl_notrails 1" in the console?
And thank you, I'm glad you like it. I'll see if I can dig up some map links--I think having some maps at the ready to play with this might help people's interest in it.
Rocket jump maps tend to be fun, if not piss-easy. Jumpmaze maps work as well (but, again, piss-easy)
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Triple S wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:Have you tried "cyber_cl_notrails 1" in the console?
Rocket jump maps tend to be fun, if not piss-easy. Jumpmaze maps work as well (but, again, piss-easy)
Agreed, while fun many maps feel nothing more like a quick romp (besides anal platforming on dinner-plate sized jump pads, and teleporting floors).

Also, is it possible that trails command could be a thing in the options / is it already?
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

So, I found a secret area in the tutorial level and I ran across a bug. To avoid spoiling anything, I'll just post the error message here, and hopefully that'll be enough. "Unknown P-Code 134 in Script 3". Mean anything to you, Term?

EDIT: Oh, and this was the ZDoom version, by the way. I suppose I should have mentioned that.

EDIT 2: Play this with the Jet Set Radio soundtrack. Best idea ever.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

twinkieman93 wrote:So, I found a secret area in the tutorial level and I ran across a bug. To avoid spoiling anything, I'll just post the error message here, and hopefully that'll be enough. "Unknown P-Code 134 in Script 3". Mean anything to you, Term?

EDIT: Oh, and this was the ZDoom version, by the way. I suppose I should have mentioned that.
(Whoops ten days late WHOOPS)

Hmmmm. Yes. That's a ConsoleCommand error, one I'm not entirely sure how to work around--the idea of the code in that section is to slowly turn your music down until it's off.
I'll have to fiddle with different commands and see what comes up, thank you.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

By request (and to help pass the time while I get Samsara to a stable point), added a section to the OP about levelsets that play well with this. By no means is it a total and comprehensive list, just places I had a lot of fun going through.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”