Killing Time

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
zygo

Killing Time

Post by zygo »

Untitled-1.png
KILLING TIME
This GzDoom mod is a Total conversion of the original KillingTime game that Both i and tristan are working on.
This project is still very early in the makings but here are some screen shots to demonstrate its current progress.
This mod will feature both Deathmatch and COOP unlike the original.
DOWNLOAD : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fgl6b34r7q6mz0n/gL4vLpgv6P
Last edited by zygo on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Death Egg

Re: Killing Time

Post by Death Egg »

I like the late mid-90's PC game vibe those screenshots are giving off.
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

Hi. This looks great. I think that it would be cool if you could add some entirely new areas and plot twists that weren't present in the original game.
zygo

Post by zygo »

Caleb26 wrote:Hi. This looks great. I think that it would be cool if you could add some entirely new areas and plot twists that weren't present in the original game.
we do aim to improve on the game. if you have any ideas then please let us know :)
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Definantly different from alot of other MODs, I would recommend you work on the weapons more though.
Tristan885
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tristan885 »

Valherran wrote:Definantly different from alot of other MODs, I would recommend you work on the weapons more though.
We're actually trying to make the weapons like from the real game but we'll try getting them better once we've done all the weapons.
zygo

Post by zygo »

Tristan885 wrote: We're actually trying to make the weapons like from the real game but we'll try getting them better once we've done all the weapons.
Send me the rest of those textures from the docks when you can :)
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Hey,I've played the original! It had it's ups and downs,but it was okay.
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

very excited! I wonder if there is any programs out there that can rip the monster sprites from kt
zygo

Post by zygo »

Peter Bark wrote:very excited! I wonder if there is any programs out there that can rip the monster sprites from kt
apparently there is a program that can rip the REZ file in this game. but youl have to ask tristan about it, hes the one that found it
Tristan885
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tristan885 »

Hey zygo, I just gave you the movie file of the two ghosts talking in the little building next of the boat in the dock if you plan adding ghost dialogues cutscenes. Hope that's ok.
zygo

Post by zygo »

im experience a bug. can someone help me.
ive maed a actor, its suppose to be a movie thats about 400 frames in png format.
its writen out like this...
Spoiler:
its refusing to work, i can summon it perfectly. but the animation is invisible.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Try placing quotation marks around the sprite name, as I am not sure if sprite names that consist purely of numbers will work correctly otherwise.
zygo

Post by zygo »

wildweasel wrote:Try placing quotation marks around the sprite name, as I am not sure if sprite names that consist purely of numbers will work correctly otherwise.
Me and tristan just tried it and still no luck. I used a mpeg movie and imported it in adobe after effects, i then exported it to png format keying off the background for transparency. Then imported the png's to the wad. could it be the type of PNG it converted to the gzdoom engine dont reconise?
Ive had no problem in the passed naming my sprites using a 4 digit numbers i do it all the time to keep oraganised. but this is refusing to work.
here is the link to the wad file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5t0vy8xzmad0o9g/MOVIES.wad
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Sprites aren't patches

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”