[Stopped for now] DN Brutal Doom Pack

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: [WiP] DoomNukem's Brutal Doom weapon pack

Postby Max Dickings » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 pm

Ghoul_RUS wrote:That looks awesome!!! I whish there is be an AK, like in one of the mutators with shitload of new guns, that was pretty awesome. Can't wait for realise this one! Oh and by the way, where u get this HUD? Looks cool!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35529

On page 4 is my own contribution to the visor thread, its not up for download yet, but I can send it if you'd like.
Max Dickings

Postby DooM13GR » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:27 pm

WOW! Amazing work as they proggress! Can i be a part of it please??
DooM13GR
Im the King of The ULTRA-Violence!
Banned User

Postby DoomNukem » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:06 am

Just some changes and ammendments to the previous sprites, the assault rifles looking better I recycled the front and sights from an futuristic ak I was working on but, its still missing something so I experimented with colours
shotgun has some thingys there to add detail.

ImageImage

Max Dickings wrote::O awww neat!

Just have one... super tiny... question/suggestion.

Will the Rifle's iron sights match the ones in the V19test, and not v18? Sarge removed the (screen-filling) V18 real-world iron sights, and I'm a huge fan of this move.

they will be their own iron sights, but yeah they will be more like the ones sarge introduced in 18b/19

Hornetzero wrote:Wow, these are so awesome. What technique do you use to make these with, Doomnukem?

It would be really awesome if you made Chainsaw or Gattling gun. As for your expertise on shotguns, do you suppose you can make a version of a winchester lever action shotgun a with a gun rotating reload?

I plan to do a chaingun real soon just not now, the chainsaw on the other hand I probably wont touch, but I will be adding a machete & combat knife dual wield combo similar to fists.
and yeah I planned to an 1887 terminator style but the spinning cocking action may or may not be possible, depends on if I can make it so that every 3rd or 4th cock will spin, rather than constantly spinning, which would grow tiresome.

in regards to technique Im not sure if my approach is traditional or not as I see many sprite artists author them at the intended resolution where as I do them at the not so high resolution of 600x600,
I start with blocking the model out using shapes and the polygonal selection tool and then I use the dodge and burn tool to shade while adding detail with blending layer styles, wear and tear are added with a 1 pixel brush size.
I then adjust the contrast and brightness of the model, add colour and sharpen it, sometimes I will add a high pass overlay to highlight details. From there I just resize the pixel to that of brutal doom, adjust positioning, correct and clean the sprite before sharpening it with an unsharp mask and smart sharpen filter.

DooM13GR wrote:WOW! Amazing work as they proggress! Can i be a part of it please??

thankyou, um dont really need too much help at this point in time, that will change soon but.

doomer1 wrote:
Spoiler:

Sorry man im not a massive fan of the aug ;p, its ugly and i think the sprites wouldn't look good, Im still going to keep an ar-15 feel to it to be true to brutal doom and the futuristic ak I had looked like shit.brutal arsenal has an aug a2 that looks alright.
DoomNukem
That messed up noise when you run over a cat, like stepping on a juice box.

Postby Hellser » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 am

This was actually a topic of discussion on the Teamspeak I reside on: The stock-end of your assault rifle (just right under the rear iron sights) is misaligned. Just a little heads up. :P

I also do love the recolors you did. Keep it up.
Hellser
Remember Citadel
Global Moderator

Discord: Hellser#8156
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby VICE » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:25 am

Interesting method, I do something that can be considered a mix of that and the classic method myself.

If you need help later, I would also be willing to chip in, I can do some pretty good sprite work (though not as good as you) and decorate.

By the way, I found a cool little visual trick in a mod called Hellvoid by Zrrion the insect, it randomizes the appearance of the shell pickup so they look a little more varied. I'm already using it in my own playing, and I'm bringing this up here because I think it might fit with the whole visual enhancement thing you have going on here.
VICE
The .ogg O.G

Postby Slax » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:30 am

Dunno, I'm seeing a severe clash in detail and quality between hand and weapon.
Slax
Saucy.
... in loving memory ...

Postby ChaddyGibbs » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Do you plan on covering all the Brutal Doom weapons (like grenade launcher/rail gun) or just the basic Doom 2 weapons? I only ask because the quality of these sprites is beyond anything I've seen, ever. I am ridiculously pumped for when this releases. (Will bribe for ETA... seriously.)

When this eventually does come out, will it replace the majority of weapons for Brutal Doom or will we be able to replace weapons individually? There's just so much variety to your work, and I'm really looking forward to see what other weapons you'll do before release (In particular, I'm looking forward to seeing if/how your work on the more "electronic" appearing weapons like the BFG turns out in comparison to your stunning work on more traditional firearms).
ChaddyGibbs

Postby wolf00 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:24 pm

your ar sprite replacment looks like morita rifle,smg sprites looks like sterling gun ... :) awesome work
wolf00

Postby RikohZX » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:57 pm

Hellser wrote:This was actually a topic of discussion on the Teamspeak I reside on: The stock-end of your assault rifle (just right under the rear iron sights) is misaligned. Just a little heads up. :P

I also do love the recolors you did. Keep it up.

Looking at them carefully, I think the assault rifle stocks and the sawed-off shotgun grip or whatever are both a little too far to the right on both weapons. Or it could just be a trick of the eyes on my end.
RikohZX

Postby Ghoul_RUS » Wed May 01, 2013 8:46 am

Max Dickings wrote:
Ghoul_RUS wrote:That looks awesome!!! I whish there is be an AK, like in one of the mutators with shitload of new guns, that was pretty awesome. Can't wait for realise this one! Oh and by the way, where u get this HUD? Looks cool!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35529

On page 4 is my own contribution to the visor thread, its not up for download yet, but I can send it if you'd like.

Yes please =)
Ghoul_RUS

Postby Crudux Cruo » Wed May 01, 2013 11:06 am

The shotgun and assault rifle look very similar

Aside from the aug a3 suggestion my point was that. to repitch my dream rifle, a non-m4 rifle with a eotech or a reflex sight was more what i envisioned when i first found out about BD, and frankly it seems very underdone in doom, not that that has to be done or anything. Even if it does stay in the m4/ak/standard format, the profile of the gun and everything just seems so similar; not necessarily bad, but it is just so close.

love the progress, and i like the first and third rifle variants.
Crudux Cruo
"It's howdy doody time kiddies, the bad man is here."

Postby Master Of Metal » Wed May 01, 2013 2:14 pm

-Removed-
Last edited by Master Of Metal on Wed May 29, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master Of Metal
Born To METAL!!!!

Postby President People » Wed May 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Too many Doom Nukems!

But yeah, these are awesome. Can't wait for a release of some kind.
President People
Bigger Guns Nearby

Postby Water Hazard » Wed May 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Aside from the aug a3 suggestion my point was that. to repitch my dream rifle, a non-m4 rifle with a eotech or a reflex sight was more what i envisioned when i first found out about BD, and frankly it seems very underdone in doom, not that that has to be done or anything. Even if it does stay in the m4/ak/standard format, the profile of the gun and everything just seems so similar; not necessarily bad, but it is just so close.

Hmmm in fact, i never found an Assault Rifle with reflex sights in any Doom mod. DX

It would be awesome if someone could do an Assault Rifle just like Reaper's Rifle from the Doom Movie.

Water Hazard

Postby Woolie Wool » Wed May 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Reaper's rifle is just an H&K G36 with a plastic box over the handguard and barrel.

Edit: I'd suggest going easy on the sharpen/unsharp mask on your sprites, DoomNukem because the digital sharpening is really obvious. You're using too much of it.
Woolie Wool
Call Apogee Say "Snappity!"

Discord: Woolie Wool#9878
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects