Astonishing Jhessica Jhett [alpha 1]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Astonishing Jhessica Jhett [alpha 1]

Postby wildweasel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:40 pm

twinkieman93 wrote:Hell, have different noises for each one that is the character making a quip about that particular weapon. Only the first time she picks it up, of course, after that it should be a generic sound.

It might be difficult, considering the "voice acting" is actually Tanya's voice from C&C: Red Alert.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby twinkieman93 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm

wildweasel wrote:
twinkieman93 wrote:Hell, have different noises for each one that is the character making a quip about that particular weapon. Only the first time she picks it up, of course, after that it should be a generic sound.

It might be difficult, considering the "voice acting" is actually Tanya's voice from C&C: Red Alert.

Wouldn't have known that, not the biggest RTS fan in the world. He could always get an actual voice actor for it, though, or something, although I admit that's probably far outside the scope of this project.
twinkieman93
The Bullfighter

Postby Matt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 am

WORrior wrote:does your HUD look any different than the one depicted in OP's screenshots?
EDIT: omg all that trouble resizing and optimizing the image and I upload the original screenshot by mistake someone just kill me now -_-

EDIT2: For what it's worth, yes I'm aware I have, earlier this thread, asked about the location of a piece of information that takes up about 5% of the entire screen on this HUD, but in my defence I usually play with the non-fullscreen HUD which has no customizations at this point.

I've got no problem with the "he" used by the baddies, since they might not see (or hear reports of) much more than a vaguely humanoid blur mowing everyone down and they might just assume.

If it's a problem, it's like a problem with the entire patriarchy or something
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Valherran » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Nice, this reminds me of Heavy Metal 2000.
Valherran

Postby WORrior » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Once again, thanks for all opinions and suggestions. That idea of making prisoners rescuing other ones sounds great, I'll try to update the sounds as well. Voice acting idea is sadly out of my reach - at least for as long as there are no volunteers [/daydreaming] Since my time has became quite limited recently, I'll try to finish alpha 2 in a matter of week or two.

@Vaecrius: standard HUD will be surely ready for alpha 2; as for now, the only fix I can think of is trying to set "hud_scale" to "0" in a console. Nonetheless, that scaling issue is going to be inspected as well.

@ Valherran: Heavy Metal series were one of the inspirations, of course :) Speaking of those and on-screen displays, I initially wanted to shape the mod's HUD after Heavy Metal FAKK 2 one, but LilWhiteMouse beat me to it http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35654 (such a great mod, btw!) :)
WORrior

Postby Matt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:34 am

Just wanted to link this pic when it instantly reminded me of this project.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Kaal979 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:55 am

Waow how impresivo!
Definitively new dune adventures
in space for kiddies appeal.
Now this stuffs gonna get me even
more addicted to sprite makeing.
Kaal979
Priv. Paula
Banned User

Previous

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects