High Quality Animations Project

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Xaser

Re: High Quality Animations Project

Post by Xaser »

Hmm, it looks like it might be better, but the sprite offsets in the animation are really wobbly so it's difficult to tell.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

You know, im thinking

Combine smooth animation with the texture lump and you can have even smoother looking weapons, like it transitions frame to frame much smoother.
Blox

Post by Blox »

hehehehe
Dortold

Post by Dortold »

Blox wrote:Image
hehehehe
As disjointed as that is, I can honestly say that would still scare the fuck out of me. I'm imagining it teleporting a la Ringu girl every time the frame skips. O_O;;
Blox

Post by Blox »

That's not what this is all about. :P
Image Image
Knock knock, delivery time!
kb1

Post by kb1 »

Blox wrote:Image
hehehehe
Oh, THAT is bad-ass! :shock: Out of curiosity, what app did you use for the morph? I was thinking a morph could also be used to add inbetween rotations for 16-angle monsters, but, speaking practically, would those views really get seen enough to justify it?
Blox wrote:That's not what this is all about. :P
Image Image
Knock knock, delivery time!
You've nailed it, right there! That's "smoove", man. 8-) To me, that captures pinky's movement just as expected - in other words, nothing jumps out as being non-authentic. And, it looks good! Hmmm, wish I could draw...and provide some assistance.
Blox

Post by Blox »

lazy demon is lazy

As for what I'm using, Minigunner showed me this "Sqirlz Morph" program thingy, it's rather unsuitable for sprite work. (Which is why I scale it up with 4x xBR first, to at least retain some sharpness.)
Spoiler: Messy work is messy
Oh, and 16 rotations are quite noticeably smoother. And if you can take some tiresome dot placing work, you could try and see if it works out. :p
(I'd recommend setting the morph settings to Mix 2 however, because Mix 1 looks bad, and Mix (Wild) looks even worse.)
USSRBear

Post by USSRBear »

This is looking very promising so far, keep up the hard work =)
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

This "light" version of the Brutal Doom blood could very well be added as a mutator...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i'm gonna play this wad because of your pinky! >:D
so what about cacodemon? just add a death animation?
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Blox, I like these animations. :)

A problem though, is there actually enough tics to insert the frames into the monster's code? Also, won't this introduce Decorate coding problems? :?
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

CaptainToenail wrote:Blox, I like these animations. :)

A problem though, is there actually enough tics to insert the frames into the monster's code? Also, won't this introduce Decorate coding problems? :?
One can always pick out the frames that are needed for a 1-tic animation, And you can always work around the Deocrate coding problems if you bother to do the semi-tedious process of making the otherwise simple code into the long code needed.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Yeah, I was thinking mainly of A_Chase. The code will be a repetitive mess too. :x

How are pain and idle states to be handled? For idle monsters, the 'foot-tapping' ideally would be replaced with stationary animations (with breathing/fidgeting movements?). As for pain states, will need some sort of recoiling movement most likely. Maybe a morph from the existing walking to pain frames?
Lance

Post by Lance »

Wow that's pretty smooth, though the demon's body seems to be shifting too much to the sides. Almost looks like he's about to fall over.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Lance wrote:Wow that's pretty smooth, though the demon's body seems to be shifting too much to the sides. Almost looks like he's about to fall over.
Doesn't it normally look like that?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”