Ketchup Gore Mod - Test 4

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Ketchup Gore Mod - Test 4

Post by Captain J »

you can download that test version easily by clicking the download link at first page, it's not dead yet. :v

also, talking about combining together with that wad, just open slade and copy everything from ketchup and paste on your progressing wad, if you have any trouble, try to find out what is the problem and make sure working nicely. that's sounds easy to me, though.
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

Captain J wrote:you can download that test version easily by clicking the download link at first page, it's not dead yet. :v

also, talking about combining together with that wad, just open slade and copy everything from ketchup and paste on your progressing wad, if you have any trouble, try to find out what is the problem and make sure working nicely. that's sounds easy to me, though.
I was asking if I could test Mayhem's version. I already have test 4.
Sandstormer83

Post by Sandstormer83 »

I'm new to this whole Doom editing thing, so I apologize if this question seems really stupid. Is it possible to add new/custom monsters into the wad so that they can be epic-gibbed, as well? I'm thinking that perhaps adding an XDeath state to the new/custom monster's decorate would do the trick, but I'm not entirely sure.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

You would have to do it by hand. All of the death/xdeath states have gore/blood spawners added to them, so you'd have to add those yourself to the monster. For example, if the monster is a replacement for an arachnotron and is similarly sized, you might want to start by taking the arachnotron's gore/blood spawning parts of the xdeath segment and adding it to the custom monster's. A quick and lazy example, but it's unfortunately not quite as simple as telling the game that this monster should have an xdeath and it will figure out the rest from there.
Sandstormer83

Post by Sandstormer83 »

Ah, I see. Thank you, Somagu :).

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”