POSSEST

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
zygo

Re: POSSEST

Post by zygo »

CeeJay wrote:What's "bloom"?
Take a look at this discussion for the effect, its basicaly a glow around bright areas. http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24280
Gez

Post by Gez »

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Oh, I see. Thank you :D
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Vaecrius wrote:Looks nice... never played the original, whole thing looks kinda like Blood, if it were something you wouldn't be embarrassed to be caught playing as an adult. ::crucified::
Hey, if they can't stand the genuine 90's cheese, then too bad. It's a classic in my opinion.
Vaecrius wrote:Also, I really wish the Let's Play'er would like not speak in that video or something. x_x
It wouldn't be a Let's Play then.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Didn't you make a longer version for zdoom? I thought I read in the text file that if anyone emailed you,that you would send an longer version.I could be remembering the text from a different wad,though.Apologies in advance if I goofed.BTW,Enjoyed playing the original very much! :D
zygo

Post by zygo »

grouchbag wrote:Didn't you make a longer version for zdoom?
Yeah i like to call that the blueprint or alpha version for the newer one i released or original as you may call it. I actualy dont have it anymore, but if you do want it heres the link to the alpha zdoom version i first made :) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30737344/POSSESTolder.wad
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Why thank you! Am downloading now.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

RLY loving it so far. And very good musics BTW! ;)
zygo

Post by zygo »

WIP : EXECUTIONER
Untitled.png
WIP 2 : EXECUTIONER
;l.png
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Very atmospheric and the models look interesting too.

Any idea why, in the old one, the polyobject doors are invisible in GZDoom?
zygo

Post by zygo »

Enjay wrote:Any idea why, in the old one, the polyobject doors are invisible in GZDoom?
Hi!
yes many people have had that same problem, the old mod was intended for zdoom only. when ever played on gzdoom the polyobjs were alwasy invisible. probably some code faults in the difrent engines i duno.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I posted a bug report in the ZDoom forum:

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php? ... 64&p=53498

and got this reply from Graf:
Graf Zahl wrote:It's actually quite simple: The polyobjects in this map use the lower texture and different sector heights on both side of the polyobj linedefs. In other words: They try to mimic real 3D objects. I'm surprised that ZDoom renders them properly. I can change it so that the walls get drawn properly but the flat part - I'm sorry is not easily doable because it's effectively dynamic geometry.

It's still a fundamentally non-trivial change because it needs to rewrite the entire polyobj handling so don't expect any quick results.
You should be able to get the effects that you want without using this method so I suggest using a method that will allow your mod to work in ZDoom and GZDoom.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

If I get, you´re going to create a new indie game using gzdoom engine? if yes, it´s nice to see a second iwad that requires gzdoom :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

sounds awesome to me.
keep working!
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

I have been following you on Moddb for awhile now, I love your work. Keep it up.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”