((Shroud of Deceit)) Hexen wad VERSION 1.0 RELEASED!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

What do you think of this Project?

It's really cool I love it
71%
Not bad keep up the good work
29%
It's ok
No votes
I don't like it
No votes

Total votes: 21

ShadesMaster

Re: WIP ( Shroud of Deceit ) A Hexen wad

Post by ShadesMaster »

I sent u the updated resource back with some improvements with some of the weapons, but I didn't have time to finish them all. I also added these cool looking Eagle statues, and there are a few more static objects out there I wanna add yet.

About the monsters... not bad, but there are fixes some of them need as well. The archers actually are based upon the sprite sheet I nodded from the cleric, though I think a new sprite sheet from the Centaur would be much cooler. Cultists are also overrused and my idea there is to get a robed Ettin spellcaster in to do a similar function. Thoughts?
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

A robed ettin spellcaster would be cool but the reason why I wanted the cultist is because i wanted a ground based human monster that was relatively weak to fit the story.

Could you let me know exactly which monsters and weapons you improved? Because i added a leveling system and it effects all monsters.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Oh, none since your last addition. :D
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

A slight update, Map03 is now done and there will be an leveling system put into this wad.

Every Level you will get 1 talent point and get additional max health and max mana based on your class.
Fighters will obviously get the most health per level but will also get the least amount of mana. The mage will be the opposite of the warrior and get the least amount of health but most mana, the cleric will be the happy medium between the 2.

The talent system will be relatively simple. There will be 3 talent trees that you can sink talent points into, and for each point you sink into a tree you will get a bonus. Not all bonuses will effect your current class, however you will want to sink points into the tree to get the desired tier bonuses that you want.

A example talent tree bonus would be that all warrior melee weapons get +25% range. Another example would be Whenever the cleric swings his mace, there will be a 10% chance that all cleric weapons other than his mace will do 35% more damage for 10 seconds.

I think that in 1 week everything will be perfect enough to bring out a demo of this project so that everyone will get a chance to play it.

here is a new screenshot
Spoiler:
======================================================================================================================================

Sorry for the lack of progress, iv been working on other things, atm the maps are done except for gameplay balance. Ill do a quick runthrough with each class to make sure everything is roughly how it should.

Also iv added a new class to this project called the necromancer. The necromancer has the lowest health and moves at the same speed as the mage. He's more of a low ranged class but makes up for this with lifestealing attacks and minions.

Necrominions dont last forever and cost life to summon+ any mana the weapon might use. Atm the minions he can summon are skeletons,ghosts and dark archers.

If all goes well ill have a 3 map alpha out in 3 days.
Unholypimpin

Re: Shroud of Deceit Hexen wad VERSION 1.0 RELEASED!!

Post by Unholypimpin »

VERSION 1.0 HAS BEEN RELEASED!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?j464vf1orcy65bn

Also added new videos in the OP as well as credits.
The titlemap has all the credits in it and make sure if you see something you made in this project and your name isnt in the credits to let me know and I will put your name in the titlemap in the next release.

Please give me feedback, Thanks in advance and hope you enjoy!

Added a necromancer + stat system video in the OP Please Watch the video and read its information if you decide to player the necromancer class or use the stat system.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: ((Shroud of Deceit)) Hexen wad VERSION 1.0 RELEASED

Post by Ed the Bat »

Haven't gotten to playing it just yet, but I poked into the ACS source for the maps. The grammar and punctuation could use a little bit of work, though it's not nearly as abysmal as Not-So-Doomed was.

EDIT: I've begun actually playing. The architecture is excellently done. However, playing as the Necromancer, I found a Timon's Axe in front of the main building. Doesn't make sense for a weapon to appear if its class isn't in play. Found a Serpent Staff further into the building, as well as a Frost Shards outside. And I found two secrets behind windows with nothing in them, making for rather underwhelming secrets... Also, this scepter's ability to drain health out of suits of armor and other inanimate objects is strange.

Trying to leave the prison, I broke the elevator as it got stuck on my head, and now I can't make it come back down. It only goes up.

Regardless, on the whole, I'm quite looking forward to seeing this project continue to evolve.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

The secrets not having anything in them is a known problem now but thanks for letting me know. The weapons you cannot use give you mana still if you pick them up.

Ya you really dont want to get under the elevator because it breaks it and idk if I can fix that so id suggest just waiting for it to come all the way down first.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Yeah, but you know what else gives you mana? The weapons you can actually use. Why not just have the current players' actual weapons appear, like in vanilla Hexen? As it is now, different classes will get their gear at different locations, for no real reason.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Not bad, but I'm disappointed that your MAP02 isn't of the 'upgraded' variety I worked o... fixed up alot of details there! Only my beginning area remains, but I smoothened out most of what else was there as well. Also the classes seem a bit unbalanced, the Fighter is waaay easier to play than the Necromancer for example! Even so, it's a solid start....
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

ShadesMaster wrote:Not bad, but I'm disappointed that your MAP02 isn't of the 'upgraded' variety I worked o... fixed up alot of details there! Only my beginning area remains, but I smoothened out most of what else was there as well. Also the classes seem a bit unbalanced, the Fighter is waaay easier to play than the Necromancer for example! Even so, it's a solid start....
Ya I couldnt find the updated version of map02 that you did.
I'm still working on the balance issue, but hopefully things will be way way better the next version i release.

I added the first classless weapon last night. Its a crossbow that has a different attack depending on the class you are using. This weapon uses a new class of mana called red mana.
I also added some new items, one of them is called "Scroll of Living Energy" This item morphs you into a ball of energy with 150 health for 1 minute. During this morph you cannot use your current weapons or use items, however you get a free ranged lightning attack and you also move 50% faster than the fighter and jump twice as high. If you die during this morph you revert harmlessly to your old self again.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

I was gonna release another update that balances things out but then I started working on map04, so i'm going to delay the second alpha release date for a few more days. This release will include another map which continues after map03 and lots of balance changes.
I added a starter village in map01 which all classes start out in. Each class will have their own starting spot, like for example the cleric starts in the town chapel and the mage starts in the town magetower. The town will have npcs you can talk to and it will act as the hub. Once you beat the first 3 maps you will teleport back to the town and the swamps will become unlocked which will be where the next set of maps will take place.

The necromancer has a short tutorial at his starting area so people can understand how to play him.
All classes have a passive ability now which are as followed.
-mage regenerates 1 blue mana every 10 seconds
-fighter recovers 1 health every 10 seconds
-cleric does +40% damage with his next weapon attack, 20 second cooldown
-necromancer gains 4 health every time he slays an enemy , necrominion kills dont count towards this passive.

Here is a screenshot of map04

ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up - this mod is still alive and a new release is soon to come! I have been gradually plugging away at this and Hpack; new screens will be up soon!
Last edited by ShadesMaster on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Aww I was beginning to wonder where you went =P, glad your still helping me out with this project!!
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

wow! nice to see my obsidian wand being put to good use :wink:
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

11-month bump on a project that was declared dead.

Got my hopes up for nothing.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”