((Shroud of Deceit)) Hexen wad VERSION 1.0 RELEASED!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

What do you think of this Project?

It's really cool I love it
71%
Not bad keep up the good work
29%
It's ok
No votes
I don't like it
No votes

Total votes: 21

Unholypimpin

Re: WIP ( Shroud of Deceit ) A Hexen wad

Post by Unholypimpin »

I like the map and hope to see it completed =D. Map02 should be done in 2 or 3 days unless I get lazy of course. Ill send you a alpha version of map02 tomorrow.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Valherran wrote:I am interested as to what the new items and weapons are.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Valherran wrote:
Valherran wrote:I am interested as to what the new items and weapons are.
My bad for not answering your question before, I have just been concentrating more on finishing up a few maps before I went full into new weaponry and powerups/items. But i know the warrior will probably get a crossbow and either another sword or double axes for new weapons.

Ill let you know more when I actually get to that stage of the project.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Wish there were more Hexen map packs as opposed to just full mods. There's plenty of weapon mods out there already to rectify the perceived issue of each character's limited armory(I personally recommend the Wrath of Cronos mod, it not only adds weapons but heavier RPG elements and two more classes, but that's neither here nor there), all you content creators don't need to add them yourself, okay?

Still, back to the topic at hand. The maps look great, although I don't feel it'd be wise to try and mesh story-driven map design with fast-paced gameplay. See, when I think story-driven maps, I think of realistic maps and the like. Sadly, interiors in real life tend to not be suited for combat, at least not combat that doesn't involve throwing people through tables and chairs, because all the stuff we humans like to furnish our homes with take up a lot of space. As the majority of those screenshots featured interior spaces and the aforementioned tables and chairs, I'm more than a little worried I'll meet my death many times by getting stopped by a piece of eye candy so I catch one too many fireballs to the face or get caught up against them by a mass of angry things with maces and swords. Chairs are evil, as a Youtuber I watch from time to time will often point out with his catchphrase of "Fuck chairs!" which is then followed by a ritualistic throwing of all the chairs in a given room willy-nilly.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

That is a good point in the previous post; having taken w walkthrough tho I assure you tho it's not too cluttered! :D

I submitted my latest version of my map btw!
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

There isn't a lot of detail that effects gameplay. The story doesnt slow down the gameplay except for before boss fights which there is some short dialog.
There will be plenty of powerups and enemies to kill so dont worry about things not being fast-paced.

I like adding custom decorate to my wad so that it adds to the gameplay and makes things more fresh than the same old thing with different maps.
Plus most content wads mess with the gameplay of certain wads soo much that it makes certain maps unplayable. I dont recommend using any weapon mods or anything like that to play along side this wad because chances are it wont work anyways and or will make maps impossible to play.

@shadesmaster Im loving the map so far dude, keep up the good work =]

Here is a weapon update, This new weapon is called Twin Ravagers and it is a warrior weapon. Basically you wield 2 axes that do more damage than Timons axe however if you don't have green mana to power it, then each attack costs 5 of your own health. The mana based attack also grants a passive 25% life steal and has increased range.

here is a screenshot of the new weapon.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Not bad; not bad at all!!!! Perhaps some new sprites in the future to make 'em look mroe like throwing hatchets?

Perhaps I can pool together a list of custom decorations and stuff and include it in my texture file? So they'll be custom decorations and textures? I'll keep it at that, though, so it's all easily combined into one file soon enough!
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

ShadesMaster wrote:Not bad; not bad at all!!!! Perhaps some new sprites in the future to make 'em look mroe like throwing hatchets?

Perhaps I can pool together a list of custom decorations and stuff and include it in my texture file? So they'll be custom decorations and textures? I'll keep it at that, though, so it's all easily combined into one file soon enough!
Go ahead and do that, and also you dont throw those axes =P I'm still working on the sprite though.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

I have a new resource WAD ready with more custom stuff, banners additional pots and the like... but I'll need more time! There was a snowstorm here in the NorthEastern USA, and days later not all the roads r even plowed!!!! ><
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

its cool man take ur time, no rush.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Small update... me been mad busy with things but it's progress! You'll LOVE the new water texture....
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Alrighty... I've submitted a version with Map01 and 02 having a detailing and gameplay pass... Lemme know what u think! Do you like my improvements or do they conflict too much with your original vision? That kind of thing... though personally I feel that having the Elite Ettins for example be chainmail covered and fling their hammers at you is way more beleivable than them simply being a super large Ettin who throws darts. And the Prison Warden actually being a muscular human and not jsut another identical Ettin.... :mrgreen:
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

I really like the changes to the maps, except for the blue fade in map02 because that map isnt a ice type map. But other than that i really do like the changes you have made.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Apprecaited. You've already removed the fog from MAP02 you've told me so your resource WAS is different from my own. Since we're not using an SVN system I'll focus on mapmaking until you send me an email with the updated resource before I update it with working new weapons, etc. ;P
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Ya plus iv added a lot of new monsters and effects for those monsters. For example 1 monster blinds you for 3 seconds while the other slows you by 50% for 5 seconds. The brown Serpent beast now actually poisons you for 3 damage a second for 4 seconds. This poison effect stacks.

Dark Archers now deal damage based on the characters range from them. if your within 700 range of them they only do 5 damage but at max range they do up to 90 damage. Medium range damage is around 25 damage, where as closer to max range does 40-60 damage. This forces the player to play smart when dealing with archers. Unlike most monsters that are more threatening at close range, archers are most threatening at long range.

@shadesmaster Ill send you an updated resources.pk3 in a few days since i'm working on giving the other characters new weapons as well as fixing the warriors new weapons.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”