Brutal Strife - BETA Released

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Brutal Strife - BETA Released

Post by wildweasel »

Ghostbreed wrote:How else am I supposed to gain your attention dear Weasel?
Informal warning: please quit being useless.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

So it doesn't bother you one bit when people derailing threads because they start crying like some fucking girl when they shoot and kill people made out of pixels? You're always on my butt and sometimes I'm just stating my thought at that time with no such thing like insulting, spamming, trolling or insulting in mind.

(User warned: please try to show more respect to your fellow user. -mgmt)
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Ghostbreed wrote:[...] because they start crying like some fucking girl [...] sometimes I'm just stating my thought at that time with no such thing like insulting, spamming, trolling or insulting in mind.
Hi.
Let me introduce you to a concept on the internet: It's called Differing Opinions.

Sometimes pixelated blood just doesn't quite agree with people! Likewise with pixelated tits, sex, or modeled tits, sex, or blood.
Point is, sometimes a game doesn't have content they agree with--and when people can talk to the modder directly, there's nothing wrong with expressing their opinion, even if you disagree with it. Who knows, maybe the modder can find a reasonable compromise that everyone enjoys, because of reasonable discussion hearing what people do and don't like!

Talking about how they're "crying like a fucking girl" (ignoring the latent sexism in that) and how they're getting so terribly worked up just because your preferences disagrees with theirs?
Pretty much the exact opposite.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Would appreciate it if this thread could get back on topic now.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Fine.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

Ghostbreed wrote:Fine.
Reputaition is key ghostbreed. You don't wanna become someone who is avoided at the forums

With Brutal strife, I've been pretty hesitant downloading it. To me Strife was more about stealth than Gore. I mean the brutal theme works for Doom and Hexen. But to me, Strife should have more of a focus on stealth features. I love the idea of using the bow to scale walls, Focus on more of that instead of tearing your enemies to pieces. Focus more on things like stealth kills. Way's to run away and hide in the middle of a fight. Make more a focus on stealth than action
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Trooper 077 wrote:Reputaition is key ghostbreed. You don't wanna become someone who is avoided at the forums
Yes ofc. Sigh, I don't know what's wrong with me. Got some problems I'm dealing with at home but shouldn't go out over people I don't even know... Yet again I'm sorry for my schizofrenic behavior. Man, not even Two Face's this crazy.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Ghostbreed wrote:
Trooper 077 wrote:Reputaition is key ghostbreed. You don't wanna become someone who is avoided at the forums
Yes ofc. Sigh, I don't know what's wrong with me. Got some problems I'm dealing with at home but shouldn't go out over people I don't even know... Yet again I'm sorry for my schizofrenic behavior. Man, not even Two Face's this crazy.
As far as I know you don't hinge every decision you make on the outcome of flipping a damaged two-headed silver dollar. We all have bad days. Some of us more than others. On such days it's probably a good idea to take the cat touching your hand gently's advice and stop posting.
Inglorious

Post by Inglorious »

Is there any chance of fixing the automap and have it list areas that you need to go? Or make the objectives tell you where you need to go? It's very easy to get lost in this game.
Jblade

Post by Jblade »

Just played through a couple of Strife levels with this, and it's really good. I think calling it Brutal Strife is putting people off of the mod since they associate it with the bloodbath of Brutal Doom even though it's nowhere near that. It's more like a Beautiful Strife really. I'm not sure what gameplay changes there are apart from maybe the Assault rifle but all of the features are pretty great - I have to say I love that the robotic enemies properly explode on death now instead of the original canned animation they had. It makes fighting them much more exciting when you finally beat them. The one suggestion I have is that the Robot enemies' parts should make a clanging sound when they hit the ground, rather than just bounching around silently. This'll make it even more satisfying when BOOM and you hear metal parts raining everywhere.

Also I never got the whole Stealth thing of strife, it just seemed an incredibly minor part of the game (still cool though)
QuickShotGunman

Post by QuickShotGunman »

I want more meatshields in this mod rather than the Governor.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Inglorious wrote:Is there any chance of fixing the automap and have it list areas that you need to go? Or make the objectives tell you where you need to go? It's very easy to get lost in this game.
Strife has a questlog, ya know. It's usually pretty concise about where you need to go.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Dead?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

wildweasel wrote: Informal warning: please quit being useless.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

For now, yes. I am focusing on Brutal Doom and another unannounced project for now.
Also, until I figure out how to properly handle the monster replacements and don't make them break levels, its not worth working on this. TiberiumSoul is working on a similar mod that replaces everything, I think I can ask for his help after he finishes it.

Until then, no progress will be made on this mod for undetermined time. This thread can be locked for a while.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”