Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Postby Rozy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:07 am

On the latest version you put up I'm getting runaway script termination of pretty much all the mods scripts when going to or leaving the outpost after loading a character, this is with gzdoom 2.1.0, doomrla and the monster pack in eternal doom.

I also seem to be getting some errors in the console when starting up. Despite having latest everything and using the launcher to ensure everything is being loaded in the right order.
Spoiler:
Rozy
The kero and the panzersasuage

Discord: Koa-Chan#2607

Postby Marrub » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:14 am

Rozy wrote:I also seem to be getting some errors in the console when starting up. Despite having latest everything and using the launcher to ensure everything is being loaded in the right order.
Spoiler:

Those aren't related to DoomRPG.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Discord: Marrub#5455
Github ID: marrub--
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Rozy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:22 am

I don't get them loading rla on it's own. Instead I just get errors on the bits designed to hook into doomrpg. So it makes me think something might possibly be wrong with the compatibility patch? I certainly don't remember them before unless I'm just getting overly paranoid now.
Rozy

Postby subenji » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:27 am

Those errors have always been there, I've not really looked at them but I've always just figured they're part of things getting defined twice - once for DRLA, again for DRPG hooking in.
I'll test some more today in regards to script terminations - I did push that quick change before I wrapped up last night (though I did do a quick test first! :P ) so there's a chance a typo slipped in.

-I can't reproduce the script terminations, can you send me your character data?
subenji

Postby Rozy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:20 am

Well this is what I have in my ini. There's not a whole lot in it and I was just reloading old data through an attempt through sunlust as a test before starting fresh.

Spoiler:

And yeah Ill just assume I'm being paranoid because of the problems this mod is still having off and on.

Edit: We can chalk this one up as my fault. Swapping to a development version of gzdoom has the scripts behaving.
Rozy

Postby subenji » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:18 pm

oh I totally missed you were using stable!
Yeah, DRPG needs to use features that aren't in stable yet. Has done since before I started on it.
subenji

Postby Rozy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:33 pm

Yeah I saw posts mentioning it was broken on dev versions, so I ended up using 2.1.0. But I guess that was wrong too. It actually seemed to work pretty okay on stable besides that for the most part though, which is pretty weird.
Rozy

Postby 4thcharacter » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi, just dropped by to tell that there's a DoomRPG/RLA wiki that's been left inactive until now and for those who are interested to put some RPG related stuff can join if they want to. I don't know anything that much about DoomRPG compared to RLA so it would be nice if someone here is willing to help who knows a bunch on DoomRPG.
4thcharacter
"I have returned."

Postby Rozy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:05 pm

Just uh... Mentioning the crates definitely are broken when playing with doomrla at least. I dunno about with vanilla or legendoom. I've opened a crate and been greeted with multiple uniques and lots of high grade assemblies. ... In common crates. This is nearly every crate. The one with actual reasonable contents is a pleasant surprise.
Rozy

Postby Void Weaver » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:02 am

^Found the same thing about crates, looks like a crates content is absolutely random and isn't related with a rarity grade of crate.

Also I want to remind about this thing:

Void Weaver wrote:Echofinder, i regularly clash with this terrible lags too. Looks like that happens due a some cycled\timed character info checking\updating process. Also i noticed that lags begins more intensive with increasing amount filled weapon\armor slots in your locker, but probably i am wrong.

Echofinder wrote:If you have a lot of stored locker stuff it starts to generate a lot of lag, in the menu and during gameplay. Try cleaning out your excess stuff and see what happens.
That's still very annoying.
Void Weaver
Keeper of the Diablo bestiary storage Also amateur DECORATE-spaghetti weaver ಠ_ಠ

Postby Tanksy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Rozy wrote:Just uh... Mentioning the crates definitely are broken when playing with doomrla at least. I dunno about with vanilla or legendoom. I've opened a crate and been greeted with multiple uniques and lots of high grade assemblies. ... In common crates. This is nearly every crate. The one with actual reasonable contents is a pleasant surprise.

If you want to replace the broken OP RPG crates with the RLA crates, go to the Randomizers.txt inside DoomRPG-RLAssembly/Scripts folder and CTRL+F for "DRPGCrate" or something along those likes, and replace it with "RLSupplyCrate". Or just change the chance of it spawning to 0/Deleting the line.
Tanksy

Postby whateve » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Tanksy wrote:
Rozy wrote:Just uh... Mentioning the crates definitely are broken when playing with doomrla at least. I dunno about with vanilla or legendoom. I've opened a crate and been greeted with multiple uniques and lots of high grade assemblies. ... In common crates. This is nearly every crate. The one with actual reasonable contents is a pleasant surprise.

If you want to replace the broken OP RPG crates with the RLA crates, go to the Randomizers.txt inside DoomRPG-RLAssembly/Scripts folder and CTRL+F for "DRPGCrate" or something along those likes, and replace it with "RLSupplyCrate". Or just change the chance of it spawning to 0/Deleting the line.

That is a fantastic fix, thank you. Am I correct in thinking that if I change the instances of each weapon to an ammo type (I.E: "DropItem "RLCombatShotgunPickup"" to "DropItem "DRPGShell"") that enemies will no longer drop that weapon and instead drop that ammo type? I'd like weapon finds to be rarer (or merely limited to the spawns on the map*) and modpacks even rarer, so that you're forced to save credits and spend them wisely to upgrade/build new weapons.

*As a side note, is it possible to insure that map specific weapon spawns are always common? Or to reduce the rarity of alternates?
whateve

Postby subenji » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:03 pm

I want to do a full rebalance of the early game once I've got the mod stable.
I've actually been able to reproduce another runaway script termination bug that happens after 5 or so maps played so I'm currently trying to prevent that.
subenji

Postby Soul Sucka » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:37 pm

Very nice job taking the initiative to continue the work on this godlike mod, subenji! Much appreciated.
Soul Sucka

Postby user5124 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:21 am

Does anyone know if selling the nanomachic gun generator thing after using it, throwing it down, picking it up, using it, throwing it down, repeatedly, makes it worth insane amounts to sell?

I'm trying to figure out why I suddenly have 12M... I was broke and now I'm rich in just a few minutes, without doing anything noteworthy that I can remember...
:ugeek: :?:
user5124

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects