Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Postby mutator » Sun May 29, 2016 10:33 pm

what does it do when you save your character?
mutator

Postby subenji » Mon May 30, 2016 1:39 am

Yep, that's the bug I've been spending the last 3 days on. I hope to have it figured out as soon as possible.
Keep your save data; I'm making sure that stays compatible.
subenji

Postby Tanksy » Mon May 30, 2016 11:45 am

mutator wrote:what does it do when you save your character?

Nothing visually wrong happens and it all seems to work. Menues remain, Everything works fine, and the character seemingly gets saved properly. Same when loading the character, although there is a couple issues here but I'll mention them below. The errors happen when changing map.

subenji wrote:Yep, that's the bug I've been spending the last 3 days on. I hope to have it figured out as soon as possible.
Keep your save data; I'm making sure that stays compatible.

Awesome! Really appreciate that you've taken up working on DoomRPG.

A couple minor issues I noticed when playing - when saving, it seems to save both our characters items (But not Stats, I think. At least I've only noticed with items.) on one character, and also when loading it doesn't clear anything you had previously, so you can exploit it to continuously load in weapons and sell them.
Tanksy

Postby Rozy » Mon May 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Tanksy wrote:A couple minor issues I noticed when playing - when saving, it seems to save both our characters items (But not Stats, I think. At least I've only noticed with items.) on one character, and also when loading it doesn't clear anything you had previously, so you can exploit it to continuously load in weapons and sell them.

I don't remember the former happening myself in older versions, but are you sure it's not the latter? Though I don't think there's anything you can really do about it not clearing inventory on a load, but it's not like any of the classes starting equipment is obscenely valuable or anything.
Rozy
The kero and the panzersasuage

Discord: Koa-Chan#2607

Postby Tanksy » Mon May 30, 2016 1:37 pm

My friend found he could just keep loading in his saved gear which had an Unmaker he found in a crate from wave 5 of the arena and selling the unmakers.
Tanksy

Postby Rozy » Mon May 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Oh, well yeah I didn't think about doing it like that...

I think that falls into "Don't do this" territory.
Rozy
The kero and the panzersasuage

Discord: Koa-Chan#2607

Postby Tanksy » Mon May 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Yeah, but I thought I'd mention it just in case it wasn't known :D
Tanksy

Postby subenji » Mon May 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Yeah I know about it, but I've put that issue on the back seat for the very reason that it's "Don't do this unless you're trying to exploit your own experience" as opposed to actually breaking anything. :D
subenji

Postby subenji » Tue May 31, 2016 6:07 am

OK I got a solution!
Fork updated, you should just be able to load your characters in from the usual DoomRPG Options menu.

Again, if anyone has saves on the last official version and needs their save data repaired just post the savedata sections of their ini here. This is stored in gzdoom-<username>.ini, under various drpg_char_data_<n> lines. Post all of them that aren't blank.

If anyone has any issues please report them. I may mention I'm already aware of a bug, but reporting it is still useful. Other things that can help:
If you're saving your logfile please include that. Your most recent save or autosave before the bug with reproducible steps can also be extremely helpful - though I will also need to know exactly what versions of gzdoom and all loaded wads/pk3s you're using too, and in what order. (Or the save can't be loaded!)
If it's related to character saving, your character's savedata can be handy to have as well.

I'm going to look into the confusion status causing a full script meltdown next, as reported by Rozy. Game breaking stuff has to be the priority!
subenji

Postby subenji » Tue May 31, 2016 6:50 am

Fixed the confusion status bug. :D
subenji

Postby Void Weaver » Tue May 31, 2016 11:45 am

Bug report:

1. Discount card bonus applied only if you are shopping in the outpost.
Echofinder wrote:I heard it was fixed, but I have an issue where killing a megaboss doesn't drop any items. Specifically, killing one with a salvaged nuclear bomb doesn't drop items; though this may be intentional.
Also defused bomb explosion don't execute assasination mission as completed normally: crappy drop and no reward. Looks like a game mechanic consider bomb as a killer actor (with no luck ofc), but not a player. In my subject opinion that's fairly because nuke-ppwning is incredibly easy way (ofc if you are managed to defuse bomb earlier) to kill a some scumbag without any struggle, but it's still seems like a bug anyway.
Void Weaver
Keeper of the Diablo bestiary storage Also amateur DECORATE-spaghetti weaver ಠ_ಠ

Postby subenji » Tue May 31, 2016 12:00 pm

Thanks for the reports. I've made a note of the 2nd one - IMO defeating a megaboss (or other assassination target) should be a win regardless of the cause of death. I may set up a lower class of rewards for indirect kills though.

However for this;
Discount card bonus applied only if you are shopping in the outpost.

Looking at the code, this is intentional.
subenji

Postby subenji » Tue May 31, 2016 4:55 pm

An item dupe bug in MP games was found while testing this evening, I've just pushed an update to fix it.
subenji

Postby Tanksy » Tue May 31, 2016 9:32 pm

The update to fix character loading is great, thanks very much!

This may be a bug, or may just be random low performance, but my friend who regularly hosts multiplayer matches due to having the better upload speeds noticed that there was some kind of strange lag when playing - Frames of animation often skipped forward, moving through the menues (such as the shop) would sometimes lag and jump ahead a few selections as if he had rapidly pressed the button multiple times, and he noted that "movement was completely smooth, but there was a huge input lag when firing a weapon and when a monster died - the animation would stick on some frames longer than others".

Again, not sure if this is related to DoomRPG or his PC's/internet's performance. For instance, I get no problems being connected to him - However, I haven't tried hosting.
Tanksy

Postby subenji » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:50 am

When I was testing with a friend yesterday, they reported the same thing, though I wasn't experiencing it - but in our case, I was hosting.
I'll have to try to reproduce it.
subenji

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects