Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Postby Funky Gnoll » Sun May 22, 2016 10:14 pm

nexus_6 wrote:Thanks! That seems to have sorted the HUD issue, menu graphics still a little weird but it's not a big deal.

Sorry if it was mentioned earlier but is this part of the mod?

I'm not sure what it is or how I respond to it but it pop up now and again.

It's an unfinished feature that is likely to remain unfinished for the foreseeable future. Don't worry about it.
Funky Gnoll

Postby mutator » Sun May 22, 2016 10:34 pm

is the author still working on this rpg project or he quit working on it? I love the system and features but sucks that it's only beta :/
mutator

Postby wildweasel » Sun May 22, 2016 10:35 pm

mutator wrote:is the author still working on this rpg project or he quit working on it? I love the system and features but sucks that it's only beta :/

It is currently on hiatus. Nobody is working on it for now.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby mutator » Mon May 23, 2016 12:52 am

wildweasel wrote:
mutator wrote:is the author still working on this rpg project or he quit working on it? I love the system and features but sucks that it's only beta :/

It is currently on hiatus. Nobody is working on it for now.

do they have plan to work on it sometime in future?
mutator

Postby mentha » Mon May 23, 2016 2:25 am

mutator wrote:do they have plan to work on it sometime in future?

Kyle873 wrote:
Due to circumstances involving development hell in terms of both (G)ZDoom as a source port and the community as well as other factors, I (Kyle873) and Kate (Pink Silver) will no longer be actively developing Doom RPG. It was a good run and I had an absolute blast working on it, but It's time for both of us to move on to doing other things and working on other projects.

If you wish to expand the mod or change something, you may fork the repository and do as you wish.

that means "probably not." if you want to add something, you are welcome to make a fork on the github, though be prepared to have to learn a lot about coding.
mentha

Postby Murix » Mon May 23, 2016 4:38 am

Is the latest version on the first page or is that a really old version?
Murix
Developing Ballad of Rhinestone

Postby StarController » Mon May 23, 2016 12:34 pm

Murix wrote:Is the latest version on the first page or is that a really old version?

I would not trust the first post to have an up-to-date version, and would grab the zip from github for the latest.

If you've never run D-RPG before, you'll also want to download the launcher from the first page as well.
StarController

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.9.14 Beta]

Postby SandvichBros » Mon May 23, 2016 7:52 pm

SandvichBros wrote:
edward850 wrote:
scrubsucksatdoom wrote: adding c:/windows/syswow64/config/systemprofile/desktop/SteamApps/common/doom 2/base/doom2.wad, 2919 lumps
adding C:/Windows/system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop/doomrpg/DoomRPG-RLArsenal, 27 lumps

http://superuser.com/questions/704749/m ... o-solve-it (It's either that or you're somehow logged in as the system administrator, which you really shouldn't be in any circumstances.)
Meanwhile, stop storing things on the desktop. Especially Steam.
Twice in the same page, it's like a servicing apocalypse.

What about me? Think you could help me out? I had recently updated after a while of, well, not updating, and I got this:

M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
Using program directory for storage
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
adding C:/GZDoom/gzdoom.pk3, 608 lumps
adding Doom2.wad, 2919 lumps
adding C:/GZDoom/DoomRPG/DoomRPG, 3290 lumps
adding C:/GZDoom/DoomRPG/DoomRPG-Brightmaps, 782 lumps
adding C:/GZDoom/DoomRPG/DoomRPG-RLArsenal, 27 lumps
adding C:/GZDoom/DoomRPG/DoomRPG-RLMonsters, 8 lumps
I_Init: Setting up machine state.
CPU Speed: 1996 MHz
CPU Vendor ID: AuthenticAMD
Name: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics
Family 22 (22), Model 0, Stepping 1
Features: MMX MMX+ SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2
I_InitSound: Initializing FMOD
FMOD Sound System, copyright © Firelight Technologies Pty, Ltd., 1994-2009.
Loaded FMOD version 4.44.52
V_Init: allocate screen.
S_Init: Setting up sound.
ST_Init: Init startup screen.
Checking cmd-line parameters...
S_InitData: Load sound definitions.
G_ParseMapInfo: Load map definitions.
Texman.Init: Init texture manager.
Unknown patch 'MA75X0' in texture 'MA75Y0'
Unknown patch 'WSTEX0' in texture 'WSTEY0'
ANIMDEFS: Can't find PMARA1

Execution could not continue.

Script error, ":ANIMDEFS.txt" line 7:
Unknown texture PMARA1

Nevermind, it was my aforementioned error in readding the old files. All better now! :D
SandvichBros

Postby subenji » Mon May 23, 2016 11:51 pm

I don't really know what I'm doing, i'm not much of a programmer and I've never modded Doom before, but DoomRPG is one of my favourite mods and I needed character saving to work.
I don't expect this to be a very good approach but I did at least get results - at least as much as I was able to test it.

You can find my fork here: https://github.com/subenji/DoomRPG

If anyone has any feedback I'd be welcome to hear it.
subenji

Postby StarController » Tue May 24, 2016 7:37 pm

subenji wrote:I don't really know what I'm doing, i'm not much of a programmer and I've never modded Doom before, but DoomRPG is one of my favourite mods and I needed character saving to work.
I don't expect this to be a very good approach but I did at least get results - at least as much as I was able to test it.

You can find my fork here: https://github.com/subenji/DoomRPG

If anyone has any feedback I'd be welcome to hear it.

Looking at the last DRPG github commits, it looks like Kate fixed character saving. Are you saying that's not the case?
StarController

Postby subenji » Tue May 24, 2016 9:08 pm

It worked for the gzdoom revision it was tested against, but the cause of that was something different to why it no longer worked now.
I've just commited another change, fixing a script termination bug and changing the mission bbs screen to use the same controls as the shop/skills/shield menus - sprint and strafe keys to switch pages.

I've found that DRLA weapon mod data isn't being saved to the locker or your save data, so I'm going to look at that next.
subenji

Postby AgentSpooks » Wed May 25, 2016 9:59 am

For some reason whenever i try to use a beta gzdoom version the game kills me straight after starting.
also DRPG with RLA do not work together on a non-beta gzdoom version, but on their own they work fine.
Anyone know any fix or does this require some bugfixing ?
AgentSpooks

Postby subenji » Wed May 25, 2016 12:50 pm

DoomRPG needs to be able to call console commands from ACS scripts, which isn't supported in the current stable build of GZDoom (2.1.1).
As for your issues with the beta version, is this right from starting a new game? Could you post your console log? (type logfile <the name you want for the file>.txt in the console)
subenji

Postby Void Weaver » Wed May 25, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi again.
I have some trouble with Aura Skills. I achieve energy stat up to 100, for energy perk which "allows stacking of multiple Auras at once", and saw small icon which means that you aquired appropriate perk. But i can't use few auras in a moment. Maybe i doing something wrong or i must change some gameplay options?

GZDoom g2.2pre-1630
DRPG(0.10.0)_DRLA(1.05)
Void Weaver
Keeper of the Diablo bestiary storage Also amateur DECORATE-spaghetti weaver ಠ_ಠ

Postby subenji » Wed May 25, 2016 6:40 pm

The perk activates at 100 Energy, but you need a further 10 energy for every extra simultaneous aura - meaning the earliest you can cast 2 is at 110 Energy.
subenji

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects