Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
300Stalker

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by 300Stalker »

lwks wrote:But if the latest version of GZDoom does NOT work with this mod why is the Official mod post says this with big and bold words?
"YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST SVN VERSION OF GZDOOM TO RUN THIS MOD!"

Also, I can't find a link to this specific GZDoom version, can someone link plz?

Edit:
I found a link, is this the correct link?
http://gzdoom.drdteam.org/page.php?page=download
Also, I need to run the latest version of Doom RPG or the version that Yholl posted (DoomRPG-86c6ba36d081a3c8228f812374b53cb735c2e53c)?

Edit2:
Anyways what's the difference between the recent DoomRPG files and the DoomRPG-86c6ba36d081a3c8228f812374b53cb735c2e53c?

Edit3:
I just realized that using GZDoom 2.2 I can't run RPG + RL, BUT I can run it with DoomRPG-86c6ba36d081a3c8228f812374b53cb735c2e53c + RL
WTF?

Edit4:
When I use "resurrect" some strange problems occur, like movement changes and the combo metter doesn't reduce until the end of the level
U know, mods should be designed to work with codes dewde
Edit 2: Supposed to be fixes or maybe add new stuff. I don't know for sure.

Edit 3:Ok to clarify you need OLD version of RPG, new version of RL Arsenal and monster pack and pacthes that come with RPG. And you use GZDoom 2.2. Advice run it through RPG launcher and you are good to go.

IMO yeah it seams to be really [censored word] to be posting with big letters for something that isn't supposed to work. If new version doesn't work then FFS post the old one and remove the new one till its fixed :evil:
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

lwks wrote:But if the latest version of GZDoom does NOT work with this mod why is the Official mod post says this with big and bold words?
"YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST SVN VERSION OF GZDOOM TO RUN THIS MOD!"
The OP hasn't been updated in over six months. Things have changed since then.
lwks wrote:Edit:
I found a link, is this the correct link?
http://gzdoom.drdteam.org/page.php?page=download
Also, I need to run the latest version of Doom RPG or the version that Yholl posted (DoomRPG-86c6ba36d081a3c8228f812374b53cb735c2e53c)?

Edit2:
Anyways what's the difference between the recent DoomRPG files and the DoomRPG-86c6ba36d081a3c8228f812374b53cb735c2e53c?
Your link takes you to the latest stable build of GZDoom, which should work with DRPG. Yholl's link provides the latest build of DRPG that still works with DoomRLA's current version, because the latest build overall of DRPG is designed for a future version of DoomRLA that has not been released yet.
lwks

Post by lwks »

Oh nice! I'm looking foward to see the new version of Doom RL
A new class? New weapons? New stuff? Do we know something?

Edit:
What's the difference between the difficulties Nightmare, Hell and Armaggedon?
(OBS: I don't even know fi this difficulty set is from RPG or RL)
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

Ok i am now completly 100% came to a conclusion that this mod is broken AF. As soon as i get to level 30 to 40 the game drops its FPS to snail like 2 FPS. And i changed most things on pc its not having big problems with a lot of monsters. Its' like the mod is having problem with actuall characters and enemies that are in the game how high level they are rather than amount of them.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

I had a similar FPS drop happen to me, what I did was save the character, start a new game, reload the character. It cleared all the framerate issues, but it kinda kills marathon plays.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

Tapwave wrote:I had a similar FPS drop happen to me, what I did was save the character, start a new game, reload the character. It cleared all the framerate issues, but it kinda kills marathon plays.
Can't even do that. Mod is like i said broken. Every time i try to save character it says its saved it even stores items and skills, but then the mod goes like "Fuck you that thing never existed" or in other words i get error 3 that save file is corrupted. HOW?? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edit: Nevermind. Downloaded few new files from github that supposedly fixes the save and they did.

Edit 2: Ok now for some reason save works, but i can get any mission from any rank and any weapon. For example i can get legendeary weapon by just solving one NORMAL mission.
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

300Stalker wrote:I can get any mission from any rank and any weapon. For example i can get legendeary weapon by just solving one NORMAL mission.
If I'm not mistaken, that's probably something to do with how loot is generated, or something like that. I'd check your configurations for RPG, and glance over to make sure none of the sliders are out of place or anything.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

Tranthula wrote:
300Stalker wrote:I can get any mission from any rank and any weapon. For example i can get legendeary weapon by just solving one NORMAL mission.
If I'm not mistaken, that's probably something to do with how loot is generated, or something like that. I'd check your configurations for RPG, and glance over to make sure none of the sliders are out of place or anything.
No it doesn't. I am like rank 1 and level 1 yet i still can accept suicide missions and get things like widowmake smg or legendeary armor.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Mod's got so much going on that Kyle drowned in the code and is now dead.

What I'd suggest for players right now is this:
If you find something that's wonky or weird, stay away from it. (Probably won't get fixed anytime soon anyway.)
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

Slax wrote:Mod's got so much going on that Kyle drowned in the code and is now dead.

What I'd suggest for players right now is this:
If you find something that's wonky or weird, stay away from it. (Probably won't get fixed anytime soon anyway.)
How are you supposed to stay away from something when it will always get in your way (The slowdown i get when playing for specific amount of time) Not to mention save system doesn't work in OLD or even NEW version of Doom RPG. "Fixed save/load for real this time" MY ASS.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

300Stalker wrote: How are you supposed to stay away from something when it will always get in your way (The slowdown i get when playing for specific amount of time) Not to mention save system doesn't work in OLD or even NEW version of Doom RPG. "Fixed save/load for real this time" MY ASS.
Please don't be rude. You're not the only one who has to deal with this, and we can't do anything about it until Kyle manages to have more time and calm to work on things and possibly fix them. DoomRPG is a complex thing and it's easy to break something inbetween versions. If you're still not happy, try fixing it yourself.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

Tapwave wrote:
300Stalker wrote: How are you supposed to stay away from something when it will always get in your way (The slowdown i get when playing for specific amount of time) Not to mention save system doesn't work in OLD or even NEW version of Doom RPG. "Fixed save/load for real this time" MY ASS.
Please don't be rude. You're not the only one who has to deal with this, and we can't do anything about it until Kyle manages to have more time and calm to work on things and possibly fix them. DoomRPG is a complex thing and it's easy to break something inbetween versions. If you're still not happy, try fixing it yourself.
Well it's obvious then that if it's not working then he shouldn't be posting it on forums. I watched playthroughs of some youtubers who played with Doom RLand RPG back in few months and they were doing fine with no problems. As soon as i jump to enjoy i i found out that it's new version that is for new version for Doom RL that will never come. So yes i am pissed about it. Why not just post log with old version so people can i play i like normal again? I never saw any person who made mod and didn't have Old versions still up for downloads.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

It is one person's project and it is done entirely for free, and I can't imagine that Kyle or subenji would feel very much like continuing work that is so unappreciated. I'd like to ask you to please vacate the thread if you plan on continuing to be this rude.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

300Stalker wrote: Well it's obvious then that if it's not working then he shouldn't be posting it on forums.
This is ignorant of the fact that playtesting is done best by people that are not the creator.
300Stalker wrote:As soon as i jump to enjoy i i found out that it's new version that is for new version for Doom RL that will never come.
Yholl and his team are working on it. It'll come out when it's done.
300Stalker wrote:Why not just post log with old version so people can i play i like normal again? I never saw any person who made mod and didn't have Old versions still up for downloads.
Download a previous SVN of it here.
zerosignal983

Post by zerosignal983 »

Howdy!

I'm Amie. I have been playing this mod for a long time (thanks kyle)! After a lot of playing co-op with my husband and never seeming to be able to stick together, I made a wad of 15 arena-style co-op maps. imo, they play a bit like UT2004's invasion mode, but Doom-style. I used a Doom 64 mod (link later on) which will be required for the content. They are mostly open arenas where players can go around and do their thing, but there are a couple kind of 'king of the hill' maps where monsters come from one direction and players must fend them off.

Monsters spawn constantly, and once you die in a map, you have the option to sit and wait (and mess with your stats, mod weapons, etc) until the other players die, or jump into the exit and force the other players on to the next map. I am willing to change this if people don't dig it, I just figured that if I let each player come back indefinitely, there wouldn't be much of a penalty for dying. I'm open to suggestions! The individual exits from the initial ammo/weapon/gear rooms the players spawn in will close after the main one-way door is traversed, so all players need to be in the door room/"ready room" before everyone goes through! If you rush out and other players are still getting ready, you are going to be shooting yourself in the foot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGbbtUodbjI

You will need a doom2.wad, put it in your gzdoom folder (read on). It's a little bit convoluted since you have to make a few subtractive edits to someone's mod to make it work with RPG/RLA properly, but they're easy to do, I promise!

1. Download GZDoom if you don't have it (http://gzdoom.drdteam.org/). I use g2.1.pre-1354-gad6ce5a. I just did an install with the most recent version of gzdoom and it failed; after putting an older install in, it worked fine. Jump forward a page and find my link to doomrpgbones.zip, which contains an unmodified version of gzdoom of the aforementioned version if you cannot find this version on the interweb.
2. Download DoomRPG (I use (.9.14) at (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33292) and follow the link for Doom Roguelike Arsenal and Roguelike Monsters (most recent builds). Manually put them in your gzdoom folder.
3. Download the map/asset pack GZDOOM64 (http://nightsidemail.wix.com/gzdoom64). Exctact into your gzdoom folder.
4. Download Slade (http://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads)
5. Download my map pack, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5XH_q ... tOQ1U/view
6. Open d64stuffGZ.pk3 in Slade and delete KEYCONF.TXT. Next click on DECORATE, it's a document in the root folder. On line 8, delete ( #include "decorate/weaponsP.txt" ). Optionally, if you want to play through Doom64 content with RPG+RLA, delete lockdefs.txt in the root. Save the file, then save the d64stuffGZ.pk3 and exit.
7. Make a shortcut. C:\ [your gzdoom path] \gzdoom.exe -file gzdoom64.wad zd64music.pk3 d64stuffGZ.pk3 airpg2.wad "doomrl_arsenal_1.05.wad" "doomrl_arsenal_hud_1.05.wad" "doomrl_monsters_beta_6.2.wad" DoomRPG\DoomRPG DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLArsenal DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLMonsters

If you want to play solo, tack on -host 1 -warp 1. You can save and load as you would in single player.

You can leave zd64music.pk3 out if you don't play with music / don't like Doom 64's music / whatever. I strongly recommend changing monster leveling to 'by player level', it's not going to play right if you let it level monsters by level number.

Let me know if I forgot something / you are having trouble / you have suggestions! Thanks, and enjoy (hopefully)!
Last edited by zerosignal983 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”