Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
goanna678

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by goanna678 »

how do I get back to the outpost?
Scottvrakis

Post by Scottvrakis »

Ohh man what? The mod was abandoned? Well damn it... It was a good run. :cry:
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

This is like, the only mod I've ever come back to regularly.
Sad to see that it's no longer maintained :( Still, thanks for all the hours of fun I've had (and will still have) with it!

Still rocking 0.9.5 according to the launcher. Seems to work fine with DRLA, only had one crash in recent memory, happened to me moments after saving in the arena. Could have been some sort of an overflow as the floor was littered with junk from ~140ish consecutive waves being played.
Only performance issue I've had (though to be fair, on a high end system) has been in the arena when getting a money reward from beating a wave - it results in a ~10 second lagspike.
Any reason to upgrade to the aforementioned 0.9.14?
Eggs
Location: "I see nothing, I was not here, I did not even get up this morning!"

Post by Eggs »

I seem to get this : Script error, ":actors/doomrl/powerups.txt" line 37:
Unexpected '255' in definition of 'RLInvulnerabilitySpherePickupGiver2' When atempting to load with Doom RLA. Anyone got an idea how to fix this error?
DSLord21

Post by DSLord21 »

So I haven't heard much about the DoomRPG gui disappearance bug in 1.10.1; but what I did find out from experimenting is that I've managed to replicate the problem via 2 ways. One is by starting the reinforcements mission, completing it, then going the next level which causes the bug to happen (haven't tried this without completing the mission yet). The other is similar and this is where you have the map event 'The Hungry' or 'Run'. I don't remember which one it is, but the same thing happens when exiting the level and moving to the next one when the map event is active. I would think that they would relate, as both do spawn monsters it seems.

There are ways to avoid both issues. For 'The Hungry' or 'Run' map event, simply wait until the event changes and do something else in the meantime. For the reinforcements mission, simply don't try it. You may be missing out on some nice rewards but at least it isn't game braking.

I do also rarely get crashes in this version using the DoomRPG that was posted a couple of posts ago that works with the 'newest' DoomRL. GZDoom used is gzdoom-g2.2pre-889-g904a027. However if you save at the end of each map, you should be fine, as for me at least the crashes are rare to the point of not really being a problem so I can just play normally minding the two bugs I've noted, and saving before the end of each map.
doomguy214

ERROR WITH DOOM RL ARSENAL

Post by doomguy214 »

Plz replace the following file as new crashes with doom rl arsenal in DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-RLArsenal\actors\doomrl
Attachments
FILES TO BE REPLACED IN DoomRPG-RLArsenal ACTORS.zip
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 749 times
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

This project has been moved here by request of the original author. The OP has been updated with a link to a build of DoomRPG that works properly with the current DoomRLA. Kyle has told me that, if he's ready to restart DoomRPG, he will create a new thread.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”