Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
300Stalker

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by 300Stalker »

zerosignal983 wrote:Howdy!

I'm Amie. I have been playing this mod for a long time (thanks kyle)! After a lot of playing co-op with my husband and never seeming to be able to stick together, I made a wad of 15 arena-style co-op maps. imo, they play a bit like UT2004's invasion mode, but Doom-style. I used a Doom 64 mod (link later on) which will be required for the content. They are mostly open arenas where players can go around and do their thing, but there are a couple kind of 'king of the hill' maps where monsters come from one direction and players must fend them off.

Monsters spawn constantly, and once you die in a map, you have the option to sit and wait (and mess with your stats, mod weapons, etc) until the other players die, or jump into the exit and force the other players on to the next map. I am willing to change this if people don't dig it, I just figured that if I let each player come back indefinitely, there wouldn't be much of a penalty for dying. I'm open to suggestions! The individual exits from the initial ammo/weapon/gear rooms the players spawn in will close after the main one-way door is traversed, so all players need to be in the door room/"ready room" before everyone goes through! If you rush out and other players are still getting ready, you are going to be shooting yourself in the foot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGbbtUodbjI

You will need a doom2.wad, put it in your gzdoom folder (read on). It's a little bit convoluted since you have to make a few subtractive edits to someone's mod to make it work with RPG/RLA properly, but they're easy to do, I promise!

1. Download GZDoom if you don't have it (http://gzdoom.drdteam.org/). I use g2.1.pre-1354-gad6ce5a. I would try the most recent one, however.
2. Download DoomRPG (I use (.9.14) at (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33292) and follow the link for Doom Roguelike Arsenal and Roguelike Monsters (most recent builds). Manually put them in your gzdoom folder.
3. Download the map/asset pack GZDOOM64 (http://nightsidemail.wix.com/gzdoom64). Exctact into your gzdoom folder.
4. Download Slade (http://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads)
5. Download my map pack, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5XH_ ... Gh4aXlvMEE
6. Open d64stuffGZ.pk3 in Slade and delete lockdefs.txt in the root. Next click on DECORATE, it's a document in the root folder. On line 8, delete ( #include "decorate/weaponsP.txt" ). Save the file and exit.
7. Make a shortcut. C:\ [your gzdoom path] \gzdoom.exe -file gzdoom64.wad zd64music.pk3 d64stuffGZ.pk3 airpg.wad "doomrl_arsenal_1.05.wad" "doomrl_arsenal_hud_1.05.wad" "doomrl_monsters_beta_6.2.wad" DoomRPG\DoomRPG DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLArsenal DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLMonsters

You can leave zd64music.pk3 out if you don't play with music / don't like Doom 64's music / whatever. I strongly recommend changing monster leveling to 'by player level', it's not going to play right if you let it level monsters by level number.

Let me know if I forgot something / you are having trouble / you have suggestions! Thanks, and enjoy (hopefully)!
One thing only.
Which version is supposed to be .9.14 of doom RPG. Github like someone said before is nonuser friendly and it doesn't say what files are supposed to be 9.14 one.
Heck even that link that Yohl gave i don't know what version is that supposed to be.
zerosignal983

Post by zerosignal983 »

I can assume that since the project has since been abandoned, there won't be a problem posting the aforementioned version, in its entirety, along with the appropriate Doom RLA and supporting files. All of the files in this link are available from links here on this thread. If this is problematic somehow for any of the authors of these fine mods, let me know!

I didn't like 10.*, it had game-breaking bugs for me. This version works great IMO, and have never had any issues.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5XH_q ... 1TVjA/view
Last edited by zerosignal983 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

Thanks for that. I'll download it now
and try it. I seriously don't know how people use Github with ease. Confusing as hell for me.
zerosignal983

Post by zerosignal983 »

300Stalker wrote:Thanks for that. I'll download it now
and try it. I seriously don't know how people use Github with ease. Confusing as hell for me.
Of course it can't be played in solo without using -host 1 -warp 1 in your shortcut (this allows you to respawn without having to load when you die). It may be too difficult to attempt solo, though!
If you get it all up and running, I'd love to do a co-op game!
Last edited by zerosignal983 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

zerosignal983 wrote:
300Stalker wrote:Thanks for that. I'll download it now
Of course it can't be played in solo without using -host 1 in your shortcut (this allows you to respawn without having to load when you die). It may be too difficult to attempt solo, though!
If you get it all up and running, I'd love to do a co-op game!
It functions perfectly. You are literaly a Haleluya for me for doing those things. Thanks.
Edit: Although for some reason the SLADE can't be downloaded for me. Maybe the site is down or something.
zerosignal983

Post by zerosignal983 »

I figured that may also be worth adding that configured as it is in the command line and with the edits mentioned, if you remove my wad airpg.wad, you can play through Doom64 maps in RPG/RLA. They aren't exact in terms of vanilla Doom 64, but awfully good IMO. The only level that fails with RPG seems to be the last map where you fight the mother demon; when you get there, you will have to use the transport skill back to the Outpost and then back to map 1. I have played through it many times, and it plays well with RPG/RLA!
300Stalker wrote:Edit: Although for some reason the SLADE can't be downloaded for me. Maybe the site is down or something.
It should be up, it's up for me.

http://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

OK done everything according your instructions but for some reason I can't scroll through any of my weapons and the classes are nonexistent for me.
zerosignal983

Post by zerosignal983 »

300Stalker wrote:OK done everything according your instructions but for some reason I can't scroll through any of my weapons and the classes are nonexistent for me.
Post your command line.
Did you install the other included mods and wads? Did you set up all of your RPG/RLA controls in the options menu (you'll need all of them)
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

I may be projecting, but it seems that the reason for the sudden script mass-crash has been found
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

zerosignal983 wrote:
300Stalker wrote:OK done everything according your instructions but for some reason I can't scroll through any of my weapons and the classes are nonexistent for me.
Post your command line.
Did you install the other included mods and wads? Did you set up all of your RPG/RLA controls in the options menu (you'll need all of them)
C:\Users\w7u\Desktop\DoomRP\gzdoom.exe -file gzdoom64.wad zd64music.pk3 d64stuffGZ.pk3 airpg.wad "doomrl_arsenal_1.05.wad" "doomrl_arsenal_hud_1.05.wad" "doomrl_monsters_beta_6.2.wad" DoomRPG\DoomRPG DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLArsenal DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLMonsters
I transfered all files into main folder and did all that stuff with SADE. I simply cant scroll through weapons nor select them with usual 1234 and of course classes are missing.
Edit: Although if possible i am open for coop campaign with this mod through Doom 2 maps or custome made ones without that just RPG and arsenal with monsters.
zerosignal983

Post by zerosignal983 »

300Stalker wrote:
zerosignal983 wrote:
Post your command line.
C:\Users\w7u\Desktop\DoomRP\gzdoom.exe -file gzdoom64.wad zd64music.pk3 d64stuffGZ.pk3 airpg.wad "doomrl_arsenal_1.05.wad" "doomrl_arsenal_hud_1.05.wad" "doomrl_monsters_beta_6.2.wad" DoomRPG\DoomRPG DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLArsenal DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLMonsters
I transfered all files into main folder and did all that stuff with SADE. I simply cant scroll through weapons nor select them with usual 1234 and of course classes are missing.
Not sure, sounds like you may not have extracted the zip properly, some of your mods aren't loading. The title screen should say DoomRPG, Roguelike Arsenal. The gzdoom loader should say it on the top bar as well.

The "doomrpgbones" zip goes into your /gzdoom/ folder; you should have a sub folder called DoomRPG which contains the folders DoomRPG, DoomRPG-RLArsenal, DoomRPG-RLMonsters, and so on.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

Didn't you give me GZDoom with the folder you gave me? or is it missing something that i should download.
zerosignal983

Post by zerosignal983 »

300Stalker wrote:Didn't you give me GZDoom with the folder you gave me? or is it missing something that i should download.
Huh, so I did. For some reason I thought it was just the mods, gzdoom not included. I'm going to extract it right now and I'll tell you what needs to be changed (I must have packaged it incorrectly, it was many months ago!)

Edit. Nope, I extracted it exactly as it was and it worked just fine (after adding my doom2.wad, that is), I could switch weapons and select classes, everything was right. My only remaining advice is to try it again. If anyone else has any ideas to help him or her, I'm sure that they would appreciate it.
300Stalker

Post by 300Stalker »

Hmm now it kinda functions but its still broken. There is title of both Doom RPG and RL arsenal but i am still having the same problem. Not to mention i can't toss armor or boots and i cant scroll through hud.
YuNoGuy123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by YuNoGuy123 »

This mod does not seem to work for me. Ive done EVERYTHING i can think of, but does not work!
The error i am getting is
Spoiler:
Last edited by Hellser on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler'd the error

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”