Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Void Weaver

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by Void Weaver »

Tanksy wrote:If you want to replace the broken OP RPG crates with the RLA crates, go to the Randomizers.txt inside DoomRPG-RLAssembly/Scripts folder and CTRL+F for "DRPGCrate" or something along those likes, and replace it with "RLSupplyCrate". Or just change the chance of it spawning to 0/Deleting the line.
Well, I checked it now and find that a "DoomRPG-RLAssembly/Scripts" folder isn't exist nor in the Kyle's DRPG-master version nor in the subenji's. In other side i found 2 different "Randomizers.txt" files: one in the "DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLArsenal\actors\doomrl" and another one in the "DoomRPG\DoomRPG\actors". So, a question itself: which one must be edited?
whateve

Post by whateve »

Void Weaver wrote:
Tanksy wrote:If you want to replace the broken OP RPG crates with the RLA crates, go to the Randomizers.txt inside DoomRPG-RLAssembly/Scripts folder and CTRL+F for "DRPGCrate" or something along those likes, and replace it with "RLSupplyCrate". Or just change the chance of it spawning to 0/Deleting the line.
Well, I checked it now and find that a "DoomRPG-RLAssembly/Scripts" folder isn't exist nor in the Kyle's DRPG-master version nor in the subenji's. In other side i found 2 different "Randomizers.txt" files: one in the "DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLArsenal\actors\doomrl" and another one in the "DoomRPG\DoomRPG\actors". So, a question itself: which one must be edited?
I did both in an attempt to make my own balance changes and I completely bricked it, so don't do that. of course, I might just be stupid
Rayd3r

Post by Rayd3r »

Okay, probably a stupid question but, how the ruddy fuck do I go about teleporting to the Outpost? Is there some special key I gotta press or something?!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Rayd3r wrote:Okay, probably a stupid question but, how the ruddy fuck do I go about teleporting to the Outpost? Is there some special key I gotta press or something?!
Check in your Skills menu (there is more than one page!) for a teleport skill.
Rayd3r

Post by Rayd3r »

Okay I have never been able to make it switch to the next page, but I just mashed a bunch of keys and it switched, thanks a bunch because I was beginning to think I fucked up something and wasted time leveling and would have to start over.

EDIT: Okay now I know how to do the page switching but I can't figure out how to withdraw stuff from storage.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

To navigate between pages (skills, shop, locker, etc.) - hold "run" command key (shift by default) + press "strafe left\right" command keys (a\d forex).
To withdraw stuff from locker, OR to sell stuff when in a shop mode - hold "run" command key (shift by default) + press "use\open" command key (space or mouse3 forex).

Also you can set auto-sell OR auto-collect command on almost each item by press "fire" command key (mouse1 forex) in shop\locker mode accordingly.
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

Void Weaver wrote:Well, I checked it now and find that a "DoomRPG-RLAssembly/Scripts" folder isn't exist nor in the Kyle's DRPG-master version nor in the subenji's. In other side i found 2 different "Randomizers.txt" files: one in the "DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLArsenal\actors\doomrl" and another one in the "DoomRPG\DoomRPG\actors". So, a question itself: which one must be edited?
That's what I meant, sorry.
In the DoomRPG-RLArsenal/actors/doomrl/Randomizers.txt, I changed it from DRPGCrate to RLSupplyCrate, and it seems to work fine for me.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Thanks for the clarify, but after editing DoomRPG-RLArsenal/actors/doomrl/Randomizers.txt I hasn't noticed any gameplay changes. The first crate which I found was "uncommon" grade and provide to me BFG10K with other master-level assemblies :( :
Screenshot_Doom_Edited_Crate.jpg
But I tested it only in the saved game; maybe changes can be applied only in a new game?

GZDoom g2.2pre-1630
DRPG(0.10.0)_DRLA(1.05)_MP(6.2) - drpg from subenji's fork.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah you might want to start a new game fresh, new character and everything.
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

Maybe just a new map could work - If you loaded a save-game on a map that had already loaded, then whatever crates were there before will still be there now. Changing the setting in Randomizers.txt only changes what spawns when a map is loaded, but doesn't replace anything. Try jumping to the outpost and then back to the map again and see if anything changes.

If *that* doesn't work, you could try also changing the DoomRPG/Actors/Randomizers.txt and change all instances of DRPGCrate to RLSupplyCrate - However, I don't know how well this would work given that "RLSupplyCrate" won't reference anything when being loaded before RLArsenal (Though I could be wrong, I'm just guessing due to load-orders and things.)
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Well, I dunno what I am doing wrong but in completely new game I got the same imba-crates:
Screenshot_Doom_BasicCrate_AdvancedContent.jpg
Screenshot_Doom_UncommonCrate_UniqueDemonicContent.jpg
Probably I will ignore those fucking crates or just sell the all content until Kyle or subenji does fix it. Ofc the game will be more challenging at that point, but this help me to keep interest for playing at least.
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

Are you using a launcher of some sort? For example, Doom Launcher creates copies of the mod files, so even if you edit them, you're actually playing from the copy it uses instead of the original, and that one won't have your edits. Other launchers or setups may also behave that way, and could easily be the cause of a problem like this.
Rozy

Post by Rozy »

I don't think the crates use the randomisers at all, at least not outright. Likely whatever populates them is in the acs script they call when you use them. Because if you save first, you can save scum a crate all you want.
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

Since Subenji seems to be inheriting this, any chance we could split the thread, so it's easier to see posts that are about the Subenji version vs. the Kyle version? And easier to find updated download links and stuff when they happen?

It's definitely going to be a thread of confusion if people are asking for help with the non-forked people alongside people discussing issues/updates to the forked version, I would think.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

2DarkkOne:
No, I doesn't use any launchers only GZDoom+DRPG+DRLA+DRLA_hud+DRLA_mp and vanilla wads.

Absolutely agree with you. I have the same thoughts about splitting Kyle and subenji DRPG versions. I think that subenji should make request to Kyle for editing his first post and adding link on the subenji fork there. Anyway that's only my opinion.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”