Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Your Doom

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by Your Doom »

Ok, I have NO IDEA how to update my drivers.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

So I'm seeing 2 downloads for the arena on the github. Do they not work currently with the arena in rpg?
DoomJay

Post by DoomJay »

I need some help, I tried loading the game with the launcher and doom 2, and it starts... But the graphics are ALL bugged out and my controls are messed up (wasd do nothing, mouse looks left and right, and moves forward and back) What am I doing wrong???
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

DoomJay wrote:I need some help, I tried loading the game with the launcher and doom 2, and it starts... But the graphics are ALL bugged out and my controls are messed up (wasd do nothing, mouse looks left and right, and moves forward and back) What am I doing wrong???

Sounds like multiple issues are occurring, but the graphics I can possibly explain. Sounds like you are trying to load a heretic, or hexen file using Doom 2. Check your mods/patches tab in the launcher and make sure you only have checked what you are trying to play. I've made that mistake before. The mouse/ wasd issue sounds like you edited your config file for gzdoom recently. Just remap your keybindings like you normally do from the options menu in game. Hope any of this helps.
AgentSpooks

Post by AgentSpooks »

Can anyone tell me what is PP and what it's used for?
I seem to not be able to figure it out.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

AgentSpooks wrote:Can anyone tell me what is PP and what it's used for?
I seem to not be able to figure it out.
Unimplemented.
ler

Post by ler »

I think I'm running into a problem with saving characters with lots of items, when I try to load the character it says the save is corrupted. I tried saving a character who ran through just one level and loaded it just fine so it seems to be something to do with the sheer size of the character data. Also if I leave that save in the ini I can't boot gzdoom. Running gzdoom 2.2pre-889

edit: sold most of my stuff, even with only 34 items I still get the corrupted error (error 3), so it's not just items filling up the save
Archville

Post by Archville »

Hello to everyone, i have a question - how i can get payout? I see blinking [ready] in player menu and timer, but when it reaches zero just icon pop up and nothing changes.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Please read at least the previous posts first. I mean, Yholl literally answered this question 2 posts above you.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Payouts? You mean the small credits that I get from time to time weren't that?
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

Due to circumstances involving development hell in terms of both (G)ZDoom as a source port and the community as well as other factors, I (Kyle873) and Kate (Pink Silver) will no longer be actively developing Doom RPG. It was a good run and I had an absolute blast working on it, but It's time for both of us to move on to doing other things and working on other projects.

If you wish to expand the mod or change something, you may fork the repository and do as you wish.
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

Does it support coop multiplayer mode? :mrgreen:
AgentSpooks

Post by AgentSpooks »

nakkemake wrote:Does it support coop multiplayer mode? :mrgreen:
The launcher should provide options for multiplayer, i never tried it myself though.
AgentSpooks

Post by AgentSpooks »

Also i am currently working on creating a guide with information about the game(auras, weapons, enemies, stats etc.), if that's okay. If it isn't, notify me :3
I will most probably upload it either on a thread here or on github where the old guide is found at(it's pretty shallow if you ask me), if anyone else wants to participate, they're my guest.
Archville

Post by Archville »

AgentSpooks wrote:Also i am currently working on creating a guide with information about the game(auras, weapons, enemies, stats etc.), if that's okay. If it isn't, notify me :3
I will most probably upload it either on a thread here or on github where the old guide is found at(it's pretty shallow if you ask me), if anyone else wants to participate, they're my guest.
it's definitely a good idea, I would have participated if I had more free time :(

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”