Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Void Weaver

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by Void Weaver »

Wow! Thanks a lot!

Looks like i missed a many changes. Is exist some conditions else for another stat perks or a corresponding skills in a current DRPG version?

Added
Iiuc, Shadow Aura can't be stolen or success depends on some player and\or enemy stat?
Rozy

Post by Rozy »

Would anyone by chance know the last version character saving worked properly in? I heard that 2.1.0 and 1.9.0 had it behaving right, but for me all they do is make the hud vanish and disable the menu when I load a character.

Edit: I had luck with gzdoom 2.1.0 and subenjis fork if anyone else is trying to get saving behaving.
subenji

Post by subenji »

I've just updated my fork again to hopefully fix that issue for good. I thought I already had it fixed but ran into the same bug with more complicated save data. I think I have it now though. In fact, I could use some save data to test it thoroughly with.

The save format is still compatible, and it's not difficult to repair save data from the current official release if anyone needs that to test with/continue. Just post your savedata here.
Edit- Nevermind, all scripts are being terminated on a map change after loading data. Man this is baffling :cry:
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Bug\expolit report:

1. Summons always attack the Force Wall object, despite that they can't destroy it except Arch-viles.
2. Whenever allied Arch-viles ressurect enemy they becomes allied too, but their auras acts versus you.
3. Normal\assembled weapons saves their mods if dropped but unique\legendary weapons still lose their exotic and demonic mod marker if you drop (or place it in locker) weapon and pick up it again.
4. Very often level is de-facto completely cleared - all enemies are killed and map tracker confirmed this, but map statistic shows opposite something like 87\91 kills. I think that probably may be due some few The Hungry stucked into the walls or another objects, but i didn't heared ever their featured hungry-buzzing sounds in that case. That very annoying and can't allows make 100% map kills.
5. Occasionally I have been locked in the map with Megaboss event due... his missing on the map. Forex, I arrive to the map04 (Focus) of Doom 2 with megaboss event but whole level was absolutely uninhabited. I know that megabosses can tele-wandering while idle but I many times explore a level with a map tracker. I tried to re-generate map by traveling to Outpost and back but with no result. Later, I finish a previous level and meet the Pride at last.
6. Dark zone and especially Acid rain events massively slowdown the game. Yeah, i know that problem has been reported by another users earlier so it's just reminder.
Spoiler:
So that's a bug or a secret feature? I hasn't clash with it on a standart maps.

GZDoom g2.2pre-1630
DRPG(0.10.0)_DRLA(1.05)_MP(6.2) - drpg from official Kyle's github.

The best gaming trollface i ever seen.
Screenshot_Doom_Pride_Trollface.jpg
subenji

Post by subenji »

No 7 is a secret feature, enjoy it!

I've added your other reported bugs to my todo list, I'll look into them as soon as I can.
In fact, I've already done a pass at the weapon modpack bug in relation to the locker and that now works from my testing, but until I have character load/save working reliably I'd hold off switching for now.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

subenji wrote:No 7 is a secret feature, enjoy it!
Cool, but reward is too good for a such "minigame", despite that HsE is one of the deadliest enemies in the game, Imho. In other side I don't know anything about reward quality in this room, perhaps loot content is just affected by luck and low-lucky char don't recieve very powerfull items.

2subenji: That's good news, I wish good luck for you in further work on DRPG.

I noticed that Cacobyss which are totally immune to energy damage can phase-out on place after (or just barely before?) own death and return back with a full health, but I don't understand how exactly it works. Sometimes they are die instantly, but often they are leave on death placeblue whirling energy sphere from which they are revive. Somebody knows what exactly condition is for Cacobyss guaranty killing? They really piss me off.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

Void Weaver wrote:
Cool, but reward is too good for a such "minigame", despite that HsE is one of the deadliest enemies in the game, Imho. In other side I don't know anything about reward quality in this room, perhaps loot content is just affected by luck and low-lucky char don't recieve very powerfull items.

2subenji: That's good news, I wish good luck for you in further work on DRPG.

I noticed that Cacobyss which are totally immune to energy damage can phase-out on place after (or just barely before?) own death and return back with a full health, but I don't understand how exactly it works. Sometimes they are die instantly, but often they are leave on death placeblue whirling energy sphere from which they are revive. Somebody knows what exactly condition is for Cacobyss guaranty killing? They really piss me off.
To kill the Cacobyss for good, destroy the blue energy sphere before you kill the Cacobyss.
subenji

Post by subenji »

Those rewards are generated from the rewards table, which uses many stats to select what appears. I'll certainly mark it down as possibly exploitable, for me to look at though.
mutator

Post by mutator »

So this mod is being worked on?
Rozy

Post by Rozy »

Reporting a bug I just found (Possibly) while playing subenjis fork plus DoomRLA

Getting hit with confusion stripped away the mod portions of the hub and blocked out the menu after it wore off, just like when the save system loads but otherwise fails.
subenji

Post by subenji »

Thanks for the report. Added to the list.
The issue is something to do with memory allocation, still trying to track it down as it's the only thing stopping character save/load working properly right now with DRLA modpack data.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Void Weaver wrote:
This technically has nothing to do with DoomRPG. The rift left behind Hellstorm Elementals will send you to a random Megasphere in the map, in the case of the Outpost, it sends you to a place you normally have to work your ass off to get to. It's an oversight on my part, but I can't do anything about it right now.
Void Weaver wrote:I noticed that Cacobyss which are totally immune to energy damage can phase-out on place after (or just barely before?) own death and return back with a full health, but I don't understand how exactly it works. Sometimes they are die instantly, but often they are leave on death placeblue whirling energy sphere from which they are revive. Somebody knows what exactly condition is for Cacobyss guaranty killing? They really piss me off.
Again, this has nothing to do with DoomRPG.

also, zzzt
subenji

Post by subenji »

In that case the best option may be exchanging that megasphere in the outpost map out for something of similar value instead.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Yholl wrote:This technically has nothing to do with DoomRPG. The rift left behind Hellstorm Elementals will send you to a random Megasphere in the map, in the case of the Outpost, it sends you to a place you normally have to work your ass off to get to. It's an oversight on my part, but I can't do anything about it right now.
Honestly, I suspect that's related to DRLA because awesome HsE is yours creation, but since I found the subj feature in outpost Arena I decide to ask about it here. So it's just unintended feature rather then secret? Ok.
Yholl wrote:Again, this has nothing to do with DoomRPG.
I know it, but I feels too lazy for posting that question in corresponding thread. Sorry for the little offtop. I'll try to avoid this in future.

And thank you again for yours incredibly creative and challenging DRLA bestiary which becomes a more and more better with each version, dear Yholl.
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

When playing with my friend, we find that after loading our characters - we go to teleport to a map, and all the scripts break and we lose all rpg functionality and menues etc, and the console gets spammed with various "runaway scripts" being terminated. This only happens when teleporting to a map with loaded characters and it's quite a major problem as we'd like to be able to save our characters and load them up in different wads - You've done great to fix the saving and loading so far, thanks for taking up the work regardless.

We're also playing with Roguelike Arsenal and Monsterpack.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”