Samsara - No longer under active development.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Samsara - v0.16 - Parias is here to kick ass for the Lor

Post by Matt »

Seconding Ethril's second suggestion. Not exactly the most scientifically sound, but it does have an intuitive sense to it (and for what it's worth I'm in favour of erring in favour of something being "energy").
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

I dunno if this might be dumb or not, but maybe you could make a seperate monster mod that includes the monsters from the other idtech one games and would allow one to choose which set of monsters would spawn in lieu of the normal monsters for that game, basically a way to mix and match monsters so to speak.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Is it just me or does Blaskowicz do a lot less damage per second than everyone else?
Well. BJ's machine gun shoots every six tics, which is the same speed as Corvus' Dragon Claw, but much less randomized damage. His Chaingun shoots every three tics, which is the same rate as the Plasma Rifle but gotten much earlier. His Flamethrower's RoF is seriously lacking, but I based it off this video as I couldn't download find a Mac version to test for myself.
That being said, I've been meaning to do direct damage comparisons for some time, so I'll be sure to check it out, thanks.
I dunno if this might be dumb or not, but maybe you could make a seperate monster mod that includes the monsters from the other idtech one games and would allow one to choose which set of monsters would spawn in lieu of the normal monsters for that game, basically a way to mix and match monsters so to speak.
I'm...very reluctant to do this, or anything close to this. A lot of critters simply don't have equivalents in power or function in other games, and not to mention a lot of levelsets were designed with specific monsters in mind. Weapons are pretty flexible enough that they can alter a lot more dramatically as long as the role is the same, but enemies are so numerous that even the slightest change can affect play.
Alternately, have it so physical projectiles (bullets, icicles, etc.) pass through ghosts, while "energy" projectiles (fireballs, plasma, magic, etc.) and boss projectiles will hit them. Then again that would make Flemoids completely helpless.
Chex Quest doesn't get Partial Invisibility, so that's not too big a problem. And considering how rare Partial Invisibility pickups usually are and how short they last, I'm not sure expanding to some energy attacks as well would be too bad an idea. Still, I'll tweak the system with your idea and see how it is.
TerminusEst13

Re: Samsara - v0.17 - My god that's a lot of fixes.

Post by TerminusEst13 »

And 0.17 is released! I wish I could say there's one single overwhelming feature that shines everything out, but 0.17 is just generally better better better all around.
A very special thank you to Battery Black, Animal Mother, and others for being such diligent and thorough testers!

Screenshots/videos coming later, I'm fuckin' wiped, haha.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Just for the record, it feels SO DAMN GOOD to kill an Archvile with the Firestorm. Thank you for making this possible.
(strictly speaking, it feels good to kill Archviles with anything, but giving them a taste of their own medicine makes it even better)
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I wonder who this next hero could be. Then again, playing as that one should be fun.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

I heard he was requesting psyguy (most likely using the psygirl sprites) and danny from Hacx. then again i could be wrong.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Playing as BJ in Heretic, I found that the firemace is no longer replaced with the Weapon 7 pickup.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Just for the record, it feels SO DAMN GOOD to kill an Archvile with the Firestorm. Thank you for making this possible.
(strictly speaking, it feels good to kill Archviles with anything, but giving them a taste of their own medicine makes it even better)
Aye, it's an amazing sensation to freeze them solid or baptize them in hellfire. Heal that, bitch.
Playing as BJ in Heretic, I found that the firemace is no longer replaced with the Weapon 7 pickup.
Is this vanilla Heretic, or are you playing a levelset? And if so, what's the levelset and/or level so I can check it?
I heard he was requesting psyguy (most likely using the psygirl sprites) and danny from Hacx. then again i could be wrong.
Zandronum only has seven slots for playing in offline mode, so with the heroes already in I only have two spaces left. With those two spaces, I have about five different options.

One option is a major cult classic.
One option was an immense hit but now has a terrible source port.
One option lost its source completely.
One option paved in a new direction entirely the way for the industry.
One option is known for pretty much just one good game.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

It was also in vanilla heretic last I checked, summoning the firemace weapon just summoned said firemace weapon instead of the Weapon 7 item.

Edit: I noticed that problem when I got to E1M4 in Hordes of Chaos, right at the start.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

It was also in vanilla heretic last I checked, summoning the firemace weapon just summoned said firemace weapon instead of the Weapon 7 item.
Aahh, that'd explain it. In vanilla Heretic, it doesn't spawn under Firemace, it spawns under MaceSpawner. You're summoning Corvus' Firemace directly.

I'll look into the Hordes of Chaos thing and see what i can do, though.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

TerminusEst13 wrote:
Zandronum only has seven slots for playing in offline mode, so with the heroes already in I only have two spaces left. With those two spaces, I have about five different options.

One option is a major cult classic.
One option was an immense hit but now has a terrible source port.
One option lost its source completely.
One option paved in a new direction entirely the way for the industry.
One option is known for pretty much just one good game.
Guesses:
1.Blood?
2.Quake?
3.Powerslave?
4.Serious Sam?
5.Duke Nukem?
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

2 and 3 are Shadow Warrior and Blood for sure.

Also, Serious Sam was innovative? What? :P
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by rollingcrow »

The third one could be Strife.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Don't be silly, the third one is clearly Corridor 7: Alien Invasion.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”