Samsara - No longer under active development.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Silentdarkness12

Re: Samsara - No longer under active development.

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Solstar wrote:
Silentdarkness12 wrote:@Solstar You would need to define every single entity, or as the DECORATE code calls it, an Actor, related to that character first. This is everything from the player itself to the weapons, to the projectiles, to the ultimate. I would highly reccommend you go through the ZDoom wiki, and use it as your guide in accomplishing it. The only things I imagine you wouldn't need to make are the ammo types and powerups....
ok i need to create the classes from scratch i got that,but i was stating that i don't need to rip the resources myself,as CR has already the sprites,sounds etc of the classes i need,i .."just" need to put them in samsara or viceversa.

i took a look at both files with SLADE,and it seems that each dev use a different way to categorize ..well everything.some character have a folder,others doesn't,some have a psrites folders,other doesn'nt,sometimes on the same wad

which parts exactly do i need to check on the zdoom wiki for what i need to accomplish?is it any easier to do on zandronum?
No, and actually it's harder to actively code for Zandy than for ZDoom. I would check out all the parts having to do with DECORATE in general. Seriously.
headrebe;

Post by headrebe; »

Damn, hate to see that this mod isn't under active development. Is it possible to get whatever's left of Prisoner 849? I was really hankering to get a chance to play through Doom levels with all the classic Unreal weapons.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Hm. That'd be interesting.....you could try to get sprite rips from Unreal itself if you really want it....

But yeah, Terminus apparently is dropping Samsara. He has admitted to having ideas for 0.4, but that'll probably be not until some time far off in the future, when his work pace slows down a bit and he's having trouble coming up with ideas for the next big thing........maybe.......
Solstar

Post by Solstar »

luckily there's that addon files,with new chars updated recently,but its not clear how many will be added.that's why i want to add them by myself
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

headrebe; wrote:Damn, hate to see that this mod isn't under active development. Is it possible to get whatever's left of Prisoner 849? I was really hankering to get a chance to play through Doom levels with all the classic Unreal weapons.
Not much progress was made with 849. Your best bet is grabbing Sinael's weapon rips and doing it on your own.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=38067
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

Silentdarkness12 wrote: But yeah, Terminus apparently is dropping Samsara. He has admitted to having ideas for 0.4, but that'll probably be not until some time far off in the future, when his work pace slows down a bit and he's having trouble coming up with ideas for the next big thing........maybe.......
Wait, where did he say this? Even the just the prospect of future updates makes me giddy.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

I didn't, which is why you shouldn't believe random users trying to say things for me and put words in my mouth.

(Also nice one year bump. :P)
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

Shit, I somehow misinterpreted Jun 16 2015 as Jan 16 2016. :/ Stupid u and 5 looking similar to a and 6.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”