Samsara - No longer under active development.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ChronoSeth

Re: Samsara (Concept build)

Post by ChronoSeth »

dljosef wrote:Also, speaking of Hexen, apparently, Hexen's keyconf doesn't recognize the rest of the slot weapons if I'm not mistaken.
How does the KeyConf have anything to do with it?

If you're talking about controls, numbers 5-0 are bound to artifacts by default in Hexen. You can use the console to bind them to weapon slots:

Code: Select all

bind [key] "slot [number]"
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

FireSeraphim wrote:Might I recommend adding Caleb from Monolith's Blood as a playable character?
as along with this guy, here are my suggestions:

duke nukem

Jon (powerslave)

any one of the mercenaries from ROTT

ranger

lo wang

blake stone

Serious sam

wild weasel (from his NAZIS! mod)

xaser (didin't he have a skin?)

diaz

hernandez

psyguy/girl

xen dynamics dude

OC charachters from any good mod

by the way, why don't you use any of the better sprites of wolfenstien, didn't they make better sprites?
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Having that many characters would be a balancing nightmare (does Zandronum even support having more than 8 player classes?).
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

How about we settle for the rest of the Doom engine heroes before we go throwing in mods and Build characters?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I smell ZDWars "faction request" syndrome coming on.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

insightguy wrote:
FireSeraphim wrote:Might I recommend adding Caleb from Monolith's Blood as a playable character?
as along with this guy, here are my suggestions:
Both of you please refrain from ruining the project with harebrained bullshit that will or at least should never happen.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

@Chronoseth - I was talking about the controls, my mistake.

Anyways I will be finding any other errors in this mod so far.

Edit: The hexen enemies, playing Resurrection of Chaos as BJ so far aren't so big as bullet sponges overall compared to the Doom II monsters, though I do see certain ones being a problem. Also, direct blasts with the Spear of Destiny definitely make the bosses go down much faster, which is essential on BPPT mode.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Version 0.15 is now out, addressing some especially major bugs and tweaking balance.
Please check the first post for download.
Wouldn't it be better if the ethereal crossbow and firemace were swapped? Try playing Ultimate Doom with Corvus -- unless you cheat, you'll never get the crossbow, so you'll never be able to use shell-equivalent ammo.
I've been puzzling out Doom compatibility for some time. It's got the same problem that Chex Quest/Heretic has, but without the obvious solution of spawning two weapons at once because of Doom's overlap with Doom II. I've been thinking about having Weapon III replacing the now-useless-thanks-to-ZDoom's-wonderful-map Allmap as well as the SSG, but then that brings up the question of "What if a levelset doesn't include the map?".
and a majority of them tend to be unaffected by the ripper property of the Spear of Destiny's secondary projectiles and the ripper rockets.
The rockets have a very tiny explosion radius with +FORCERADIUSDMG on them. The enemies that it doesn't rip through, it forces massive damage on; they're B.J.'s official boss-killing weapons of choice.
by the way, why don't you use any of the better sprites of wolfenstien, didn't they make better sprites?
Pretty much exclusively for the retro feel--when people think Wolfenstein, they think the big blocky pixelated sprites. I was considering having an alt-fire that swapped between the fancy graphics and the old retro graphics, but...it's Wolfenstein. If I'm trying to graphically enhance Wolfenstein, I'm doing it wrong. :p
CHARACTERS
Oh.
Oh dear.
Well, uh. You'll probably be happy to know that the next release (not the next update! The next release! There's a difference!) will include a new hero.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Samsara (Concept build) - v0.15

Post by DoomRater »

That's the way. As much as I'd like to see a real ZDwars mod I'd think that's a better theme for a separate mod entirely.
Mr.Repo

Post by Mr.Repo »

Had a ton of fun playing this the other day with some friends. They're now hooked on this and we've played it several times since!

Oh and for B.J., does the extra life really only make a difference for survival mode online? It seems rather pointless for coop unless I'm missing something here.

Either way, can't wait to see more!
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Had a ton of fun playing this the other day with some friends. They're now hooked on this and we've played it several times since!
Thank you very much. I'm glad you guys enjoy it.
Oh and for B.J., does the extra life really only make a difference for survival mode online? It seems rather pointless for coop unless I'm missing something here.
The Extra Life is...the definition of situational. For limited-life scenarios, like Last Man Standing, Survival, or Single-Player, it's a godsend. In areas where lives are limitless, like co-op and DM, it's extra weight at best.
Confounding the issue is that Zandronum doesn't support Buddha mode yet, which makes whether it activates or not a bit of a gamble.
Either way, can't wait to see more!
Well, here's something just for you, then! That's right, just for YOU! Everyone else has to ask permission before looking at it.
Spoiler:
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i've played this for the past few days, and i've been really enjoying the concept of this. here's some bugs and stuff i've found on my playthough:

1. there's no weapon 1 spawned in favor of the Chainsaw in Doom, meaning that there's no way to get weapon 1 unless you cheat in Doom atm. disregard this, there IS a weapon slot 1 in the game.
2. the "grin" face that's displayed when you pick up a weapon doesn't display correctly. most of the time nothing is shown when you pick up a new weapon.
3. weapons in Doom you're able to pick up even if you have the max. amount of ammo for that type.
4. it would be nice if the Zorch death-states for the Chex Warrior would be randomized when you kill an enemy. it's kinda tiring hearing the same Zorch effect and same death scream everytime you kill an enemy; some variation would be nice.
5. and for that matter, since the Chex Warrior is more or less a clone of Doomguy in terms of weapon-power, maybe you could make him more unique by making him shoot small, fast projectiles ala Wildweasel's "Nazis!" mod? not that it would matter that much, but it's just a thought.
6. echoing the Crossbow issue, Corvus really would need the Crossbow on slot 2. for that matter, Chex Warrior can't use shell-equivalent ammo either on Ultimate Doom because of the same slot-issue. for Corvus, you could swap weapon 2 and 3 with each other, and make the Firemace deal a bit more damage to compensate. the Dragonclaw would then be the Chaingun-equivalent weapon, the Firemace the crowd-clearer weapon, and the Crossbow would give Corvus a chance to use shell-ammo in Doom maps.

as for Chex Warrior, the only problem would be to switch the Dual Zorchers for another custom weapon, possibly moved up to slot 3, as well, and let the Large Zorcher be on slot 2. no clue how well that would work out, though.

that's what i've found so far. i'll keep on playing and see what else i can find.
Last edited by Viscra Maelstrom on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

When playing Hexen, you can't jump high enough to complete the game.

Notably, two levels where jumping high is required are Guardian of Steel (once all puzzles are solved, if you want to go to the hub's secret level by grabbing the torch in the center room) and Orchard of Lamentations (can't climb the giant steps to get to the Emerald Planet).
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

for the dual zorchers, didin't somone make a super zorcher? (SSG equivalent)
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

insightguy wrote:for the dual zorchers, didin't somone make a super zorcher? (SSG equivalent)
yes, but that would just make Chex Warrior all the more like a Doomguy-clone in this mod, though. Doomguy would no longer be unique with wielding his SSG, which is one of his advantages in the mod.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”