GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Postby MaxED » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Edit properties windows are opened in dialog mode (this means you can't interact with any other application window while such window is opened). This guarantees that map elements are not modified by any other means while an Edit properties window is opened. Changing that would require way too much effort (and way more possibilities for undefined behaviour) for a way too little little gain.
MaxED

Postby ZZYZX » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:01 am

MaxED wrote:Changing that would require way too much effort

.NET has no easy way to make an existing dialog non-modal? (just curious)
ZZYZX
le chat du rabbin

Discord: ZZYZX#1394
Github ID: jewalky

Postby MaxED » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:07 am

It has. You just use form.Show() instead of form.ShowDialog().
MaxED

Postby illuknisaa » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:22 am

I've been getting this bug:

http://imgur.com/t0oTQx1

I just drag vertices a little bit and when I stop editing all the vertices merge into a single line. This only occurs if I drag two vertices at the same. Only happens on triangle shaped sectors.
illuknisaa

Postby MaxED » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Fixed.
MaxED

Postby Accensus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Saving a modified in the resource editor text file tells you that the target lump's been modified by another application. No, it has not beed modified. I've closed all other editors beforehand. Keep in mind said text file is in an external resource that's loaded alongside map.

Also, why does it take 4 seconds to save files from within the resource editor?
Accensus
Vector, locked in.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby MaxED » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:06 pm

Lud wrote:Saving a modified in the resource editor text file tells you that the target lump's been modified by another application.
To which kind of resource said modified file belongs to? And what type of text limp it is? Steps to reproduce the issue are welcomed too.

Lud wrote:Also, why does it take 4 seconds to save files from within the resource editor?
If said files are stored in a pk3 resource, then that's the time it takes SharpCompress to replace them. If not, saving shouldn't take this long and I need an example of this. Also, how many files are you saving? Does it take 4 seconds to save each of them, or all of them?
MaxED

Postby Accensus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:29 pm

MaxED wrote:To which kind of resource said modified file belongs to? And what type of text limp it is? Steps to reproduce the issue are welcomed too.

It's DECORATE and it's in a .pk3 with mapping resources. 42 maps, bunch of text lumps, sounds, textures, etc. As for the steps, open any resource in GZDB, open any text lump from the resource editor, add some stuff, save then proceed to save again.

MaxED wrote:Also, how many files are you saving? Does it take 4 seconds to save each of them, or all of them?

Only one file.
Accensus
Vector, locked in.

Postby Accensus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Found a typo. "Pasted properties toa single thing" on pasting properties. To a single thing.
Accensus
Vector, locked in.

Postby MaxED » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:10 pm

Lud wrote:Saving a modified in the resource editor text file tells you that the target lump's been modified by another application.
Lud wrote:Found a typo.
Fixed.
MaxED

Postby Accensus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Damn, I keep eating words. "Saving a modified file" should be right. Thanks for the fixes, though!

And I have a suggestion: When you have word wrap enabled and are writing a string in Print, for example, and are also on the 2nd row of the string, the function hint box hides the 2nd row text on each keystroke, making writing ridiculously irritating. Think you can change that? Thanks in advance.

Edit: And another one! How about being able to add radii to things, like the one shown on dyn lights? Purely for visual guidance. Why? Well, for example, I have a thing that occassionally spawns beams from above. I'd really like to see the area in which it can spawn beams by matching that range in DECORATE/ACS to the radii one. It makes placement a lot easier and removes a lot of trial and error. And, if possible, be able to choose between square and round types. Square is in case you have a thing that you want to modify its radius to fit, but are not sure what the exact number should be.
Accensus
Vector, locked in.

Postby MaxED » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:19 am

Lud wrote:How about being able to add radii to things, like the one shown on dyn lights?
Check "Configurations -> DECORATE keys" in the manual. More specifically, $ArgNRenderStyle and $ArgNRenderColor.
MaxED

Postby Accensus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:23 am

Fooking neat! Thanks, MaxED! Good stuff, good stuff. :)
Accensus
Vector, locked in.

Postby Accensus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:05 am

When using Ctrl+F to open the Find/Replace window, the focus is not on the text field, despite showing as selected. I have to click the field before typing. Is there a way to focus on the field by default. It's not a big deal, just kinda inconvenient.
Accensus
Vector, locked in.

Postby MaxED » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:10 am

Fixed.
MaxED

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects