GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.12h: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Postby Nash » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Holy shit those path nodes look sexy.
Nash
AKA Nash Muhandes! Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby MaxED » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Here's a feature I wanted to add for a long time (and it'll be hopefully done this evening):
MaxED

Postby Nash » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:21 pm

I hope it will be possible to toggle the rendering of these lines, in case the view gets too cluttered...
Nash

Postby MaxED » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:27 pm

It can be already toggled via keyboard shortcut. And there will be button on the toolbar to do that, I just need to sit down and draw an icon for it.
MaxED

Postby Siberian Tiger » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Kappes Buur wrote:How I wished I could get Bootless Star to work.

If there is a bug with the program, please report it so I can fix it. From my experience, Beta 7 is very stable and I have yet to come across any issues at this time.

MaxED wrote:Actually, I don't understand the purpose of this program. It requires Visual Studio and SlimDX SDK installed, among other things. And if you have them, why not compile using Visual Studio? Because, well, to compile using Visual Studio you need to open the solution and hit "Compile" button, it's that simple. :|

The goal of the program is to be light-weight and get the job done expeditiously for any user abroad regardless of experience. Of course, however, Visual Studio will do just fine on some cases if one knows how to use it and can get the most of it, but the Bootless Star program tries to make the whole process easier for the user (theoretically). We can always go into comparisons and contrasts, - but in the end it is user preference that matters.

Additionally, happy birthday MaxED
Siberian Tiger
Siberian Tigers Rule All~!!!

Github ID: SibTiger
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Nash » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:48 am

Happy birthday mxd!!!

Re: Bootless Star: I could never get DoomBuilder 2 or GZDB to compile in the MS Visual C# IDE (shit ton of errors and warnings) so BS is the only way for me to produce an EXE.

(Same goes for the build.bat or whatever it was in the original DB2 source - I could only build DB2 by running the .bat file, can never get it to build in the IDE)
Nash

Postby MaxED » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:20 am

Can you post these errors? (I think SlimDX reference needs to be added manually, so it's actually not "open solution, hit Compile button" as I sad earlier :) ).
MaxED

Postby Xtyfe » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 am

Seems to me that slade is going to need to catch up with this all this new stuff thats being added :shock:
Xtyfe
Neque Deos, Neque Dominos

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Kappes Buur » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:43 pm

MaxED wrote:Here's a feature I wanted to add for a long time (and it'll be hopefully done this evening):
[imgage]

Could that feature be extended to include keys?
Kappes Buur

Postby Theshooter7 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:04 pm

I'd like to report a bug (related to the GZDoom editing plugin, actually).

And I apologize if it's been reported before or something, but I have yet to see it fixed so I figure I'd mention it.

If you attempt to (auto) align textures in the GZDoom visual mode, the offset changes won't save. In order to apply texture alignments, you must do it from the regular 3D Mode instead of the GZDoom one. This has happened with the plugin in the original DB2 as well, and it's actually a bug that seems to have been introduced in some revision of the plugin because an older version (which I was originally using for DB2 the whole time) works just fine. However, since I can't use my older version of the plugin without crashing (and don't want to, as I'd miss all the features introduced in this custom DB2 version), it would be really neat if this bug were fixed for the next release. :)
Theshooter7
Don't talk about Fight Club

Postby Sgt Dopey » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Theshooter7 wrote:I'd like to report a bug (related to the GZDoom editing plugin, actually).

And I apologize if it's been reported before or something, but I have yet to see it fixed so I figure I'd mention it.

If you attempt to (auto) align textures in the GZDoom visual mode, the offset changes won't save. In order to apply texture alignments, you must do it from the regular 3D Mode instead of the GZDoom one. This has happened with the plugin in the original DB2 as well, and it's actually a bug that seems to have been introduced in some revision of the plugin because an older version (which I was originally using for DB2 the whole time) works just fine. However, since I can't use my older version of the plugin without crashing (and don't want to, as I'd miss all the features introduced in this custom DB2 version), it would be really neat if this bug were fixed for the next release. :)

That's because it is setting the texture offsets for UDMF, you should avoid using the plugin for any other configuration
Sgt Dopey
:O

OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby FireSeraphim » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:49 pm

@MaxED: My apologies if this constitutes a bump, but I would like to request support for placing completely desaturated "Black and White" Sectors in 3D mode, especially in UMDF. I would also wish to report a bug where GZDoom Builder would crash when you tried to copy and paste a Dynamic Light actor in 3D mode.
FireSeraphim
Verified Professional Vampire Hunter

Discord: FireSeraphim #9061

Postby MaxED » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:42 am

FireSeraphim wrote:@MaxED: My apologies if this constitutes a bump, but I would like to request support for placing completely desaturated "Black and White" Sectors in 3D mode, especially in UMDF.

I plan to switch Doom Builder's render engine to another one (Irrlicht seems to be the best choice to me), so I don't want to
add any new features to current one, because I'll have to reimplement those changes from scratch when I switch to a new engine.

FireSeraphim wrote:I would also wish to report a bug where GZDoom Builder would crash when you tried to copy and paste a Dynamic Light actor in 3D mode.

Already fixed in latest SVN build.
MaxED

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.13: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Postby ::Bloodfury:: » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:34 pm

Just a small question. The Editor is totally awesome! But does anyone happen to know, why one of my textures won't show in the builders basic and visual mode. Show the unkown texture graphic. Does this have something to do with the texture name: BF_BLACK
Just a minor issue.. doesen't bother much. Asked for curiosity.
::Bloodfury::

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.13: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Postby MaxED » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 am

Name seems to be fine. Can you post this texture or a small test wad?
MaxED

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects