GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MaxED

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.04a: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by MaxED »

Jitan wrote:just asking, am I suppose to see the model in 3D in the gzdoom visual mod or just a box ?
Should be models
Spoiler:
deathstalker666

Post by deathstalker666 »

Yeah, I am receiving models as well. Only glitch is something that I reported to Doom Builder but never had show up on the forums (admins must be really inactive). The latest svn and this builder share a glitch involving the display of things that have been edited in Visual Mode, keeping the old look until the person gets out and gets back in visual mode. In older models (youtube) this does not happen. Any ideas how to easily fix this? It is easily ignorable, it just would be something better if this glitch didn't happen in the first place.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

deathstalker666 wrote:Yeah, I am receiving models as well. Only glitch is something that I reported to Doom Builder but never had show up on the forums (admins must be really inactive). The latest svn and this builder share a glitch involving the display of things that have been edited in Visual Mode, keeping the old look until the person gets out and gets back in visual mode. In older models (youtube) this does not happen. Any ideas how to easily fix this? It is easily ignorable, it just would be something better if this glitch didn't happen in the first place.
Can you give more details (or step by step example, or direct me to you'r bug report)? What exactly are you changing and what goes wrong?
deathstalker666

Sorry I didn't add these details before, I have written it before to the main Doom Builder team so I forgot I didn't explain much in detail on this website.

Anything that can be added from Things mode produces this glitch. I go into visual mode and right-click the object (let's say a cacodemon). Then I change the thing to another thing (say a computer map or a baron of hell). The bottom properties list will show a change of sprites; but the thing does not change in the actual Visual Mode. I have to physically hit escape and hit "w" again in order to change the Visual Mode image.

My bug report was never posted.... the admins never allowed it to go through the last time I look (maybe a couple days ago, I kinda gave up after a few days of watching). Hopefully this is adequate for a quick but more detailed explanation.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

deathstalker666 wrote:Sorry I didn't add these details before, I have written it before to the main Doom Builder team so I forgot I didn't explain much in detail on this website.

Anything that can be added from Things mode produces this glitch. I go into visual mode and right-click the object (let's say a cacodemon). Then I change the thing to another thing (say a computer map or a baron of hell). The bottom properties list will show a change of sprites; but the thing does not change in the actual Visual Mode. I have to physically hit escape and hit "w" again in order to change the Visual Mode image.

My bug report was never posted.... the admins never allowed it to go through the last time I look (maybe a couple days ago, I kinda gave up after a few days of watching). Hopefully this is adequate for a quick but more detailed explanation.
Check out 1.05 :)
deathstalker666

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.05: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Works like a charm :)
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

This is coming along quite nicely. :thumb:

However, now there is a bit of a problem with textures on 3D constructs, in as that they do not show unless the cursor is pointed at them.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I just wanted to work with GZDoomBuilder 1.05 but I get an error message directly after loading my map in progress:
I know it's german but you should be able to get what's it all about. Can this be fixed? The map can be loaded fine with the regular DB2
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Kappes Buur wrote:This is coming along quite nicely. :thumb:

However, now there is a bit of a problem with textures on 3D constructs, in as that they do not show unless the cursor is pointed at them.
Check out 1.05b (and I thought I tested this release properly...).
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Tormentor667 wrote:I just wanted to work with GZDoomBuilder 1.05 but I get an error message directly after loading my map in progress:
I know it's german but you should be able to get what's it all about. Can this be fixed? The map can be loaded fine with the regular DB2
Check out 1.05b... (I've got similar error when I tried opening "City of The Damned - Apocalypse", let's see if it's the same error)
The DOOMED Marine

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.05с: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by The DOOMED Marine »

MD3 aren't in the things list! I can't find them any where! Help? I'm mapping in the GzDoom: Doom (UDMF) format.

I'm probably gonna be called a noob for this.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

The DOOMED Marine wrote:MD3 aren't in the things list! I can't find them any where! Help? I'm mapping in the GzDoom: Doom (UDMF) format.

I'm probably gonna be called a noob for this.
Actually, yes :)
You need to read this.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

MaxED wrote:Check out 1.05b... (I've got similar error when I tried opening "City of The Damned - Apocalypse", let's see if it's the same error)
Works now :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

When trying to open my TCotD3 map (lots of 3D models), I get the following error:
Spoiler:
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Tormentor667 wrote:When trying to open my TCotD3 map (lots of 3D models), I get the following error:
Try 1.06. Lots of MODELDEF parsing and model loading bugs fixed there...

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”