GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Nash

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.12b: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Nash »

Thanks MaxED! :3 I was positive that I mentioned that "if you were going to fix the scaling, make it optional"... guess I didn't... must have been in one of my random dreams haha.
MaxED wrote:Sudden unrelated question: is there a way to hide HUD during cutscenes in (G)ZDoom?
You can use [wiki]SBARINFO[/wiki] to draw an empty HUD that checks for the existence for a dummy item whose only purpose is to determine if the player is viewing a cutscene or not.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Thanks! ZDoom: making things the most complicated way (tm) :)
By the way, I've found a way to apply brightmaps to models, if anyone's interested.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Brightmaps on model textures - in the GZDoom renderer, or GZDB?

If you're talking about the GZDoom renderer... ZOMG
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash

Post by Nash »

:O !!!!!!!

Will you release the patch? But... GZDoom feature suggestion forum is closed... I guess you can PM Gez the patch so that he can merge it into GZDoom, since he is currently maintaining GZDoom.

(or perhaps... mxdGZDoom? :P)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

The screenshot is taken in unmodified GZDoom (it's a TEXTURES trick, not engine modification) :)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Oh cool... do tell!

Speaking of tricks, here's something else I also discovered recently. :D
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Ok, time to write a short tutorial then :)
(After looking through resources) It's actually GLDEFS trick, not TEXTURES.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.12c: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Nash »

Thanks for 1.12c but unfortunately, the model squashing in GZDB still isn't made optional. :( My game project uses a custom version of gzdoom.exe which doesn't have the stretching issue so the viewport is rendered with 1:1 pixels, and I also removed the code in the GZDoom model renderer that makes the models look squashed...

Seeing my models squashed in GZDB is very inconvenient...
Nash

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.12d: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Nash »

OH NOES ANOTHER POST BY NASh, WHAT COULD IT BE NOW?!?!

Actually, I just dropped by to say thank you so much for this amazing editor. 1.12d seems perfect for me and I can now work comfortably. Thanks again!!!

Also not forgetting CodeImp, with which without, Doom Builder wouldn't even exist. Thank you for making modern Doom editing a much more amazing experience for us modders!

(I'm totally not missing the days of ZETH and WadAuthor without its Visual Mode and all. Also can't imagine mapping without UDMF anymore!)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:(I'm totally not missing the days of ZETH and WadAuthor without its Visual Mode and all. Also can't imagine mapping without UDMF anymore!)
I think good map editors, like Doom Builder or Slade3, is one of the reasons Doom community is alive and kicking (and the other reason is engines like (G)ZDoom, which allow you to change almost any game aspect quite easily). I mean, look at EDuke32. it's a nice engine, you can customize almost anything, but the main problem is... Mapster32, which is UTTERLY HIDEOUS and looks like something made in 1995. I think if someone would actually make a modern map editor for EDuke (...Duke Builder? :) ), lots of good stuff will appear for that engine as well...
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

I guess I am at a bit of a loss here to understand the coexistence of these two modes:

when I click on the icon for 'View Brightness Levels' or pull down the menu to view the 'Brightness Levels'
Spoiler:
I am in Brightness Mode, and the brightness levels are shown, and I can change the brightness by moving the mouse up and down.

However, when I press the key 'B' or click on the icon for 'Brightness Mode'
Spoiler:
again I am in Brightness Mode, but the brightness levels are not shown, yet, as above, I can change the brightness by moving the mouse up and down.

Is there an advantage of using one over the other?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I have a strange problem. I updated GZDB from 1.07 to 1.12d and now all my dynamic lights are not being displayed anymore in visual mode but they worked fine before. The corresponding settings are activated and I didn't change anything. The things are there and working in 2D mode but do not work anymore in 3D mode :(
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Kappes Buur wrote:I guess I am at a bit of a loss here to understand the coexistence of these two modes:

when I click on the icon for 'View Brightness Levels' or pull down the menu to view the 'Brightness Levels'
Spoiler:
I am in Brightness Mode, and the brightness levels are shown, and I can change the brightness by moving the mouse up and down.

However, when I press the key 'B' or click on the icon for 'Brightness Mode'
Spoiler:
again I am in Brightness Mode, but the brightness levels are not shown, yet, as above, I can change the brightness by moving the mouse up and down.

Is there an advantage of using one over the other?
'Brightness Levels' is one of the 2D rendering modes (and the others are 'Wireframe', 'Floor textures' and 'Ceiling textures'). It's not an editing mode, it just controls how things are shown to user.

'Brightness mode' is an editing mode, it allows you to change brightness of sectors quickly in 2D-mode, even if rendering mode is set to 'Wireframe', so textures or brightness levels are actually not displayed to the user.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”