GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by Jimmy »

Feature suggestion:

While editing in UDMF, being able to pick from a prefab list of Doom format/Boom format linedef actions, and the arguments being auto-allocated to the equivalent action.

No need to bother with Generic actions as that'd be overkill, but simply being able to select a line action like 36 - W1 Lower to 8 Above Highest Floor, and having the special and arguments set correctly would be lovely, and likely speed up the flow of the mapping process quite a bit for folks like me who think largely in Boom mapping terms. :P
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Jimmy wrote:Feature suggestion:

While editing in UDMF, being able to pick from a prefab list of Doom format/Boom format linedef actions, and the arguments being auto-allocated to the equivalent action.

No need to bother with Generic actions as that'd be overkill, but simply being able to select a line action like 36 - W1 Lower to 8 Above Highest Floor, and having the special and arguments set correctly would be lovely, and likely speed up the flow of the mapping process quite a bit for folks like me who think largely in Boom mapping terms. :P
This would be great. When working in UDMF or Hexen format, the lack of quick prefab line specials like in Doom format always brings my workflow to a grinding halt. Being able to just click a menu and quickly enter "97" for a standard repeatable walkover teleport, for instance, would really speed things up and make UDMF more accessible to folks who are already quick with standard Doom editing.

It'd also be nice to be able to then customize that list to add our own commonly-used prefab specials with their own shortcut codes. :D
jmickle

Post by jmickle »

sounds like a configurable list would be very handy to have, defined in user .cfg that could be shared. Something like define each custom action with a name and the default UDMF settings for it
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

Hey Max,

I added a range finder display for things mode that I thought you may find useful.

This adds actor-level ranges that are hard coded in the decorate, and argument-level ranges (when set to type 27), that are dynamic based on the argument value. The argument version supports custom colors.

Use case: I have been making actors for a level that have specific detection ranges, setup as a stealth gauntlet the player has to sneak through. Having the detection ranges visible in things mode is pretty helpful for seeing where the coverage gaps are.

Example:

Code: Select all

ACTOR MyActor 12345 {
	//$Arg0 "Min Detect Distance"
	//$Arg0Type 27	
	//$Arg0RangeColor 0000FF
	//$Arg1 "Max Detect Distance"
	//$Arg1Type 27
	//$Arg1RangeColor FF0000
	//$Arg2 "FOV"
	//$Arg2Tooltip "How wide the cone of detect is. 0 - 360"
	//$Arg2Default 360
	//$MinRange 32
	//$MaxRange 48
result
result
rangefinder.png (10.15 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
Attachments
rangefinder.zip
patch
(2.22 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
printz

Post by printz »

Is there any way to add custom thing types in GZDoom Builder thing properties just for a mod, without writing new game configurations? I'm not mapping only in ZDoom; the mod may also have Dehacked or Eternity definition monsters.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

No. Either game configuration definition or DECORATE actor is required.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Xabis wrote:I added a range finder display for things mode that I thought you may find useful.
Added, with the following changes:
- min/max ranges are specified per-argument:
Spoiler:
- Available ranges are automatically added to the corresponding argument tooltip.
- Ranges are not rendered when the corresponding argument value is 0.
- Default range color is different from the default renderstyle color. It's also more transparent.
printz

Post by printz »

^ Does this have anything to do with the Find/Replace dialog box in GZDB? Or is there a fancier find/replace facility in GZDB I don't know of?
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

Thanks Max. Not using the type field was the better call.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

Hey Max, got an idea from the thing Xabis posted above. What if the AmbientSound actor showed how far away it could be heard from? There seems to be three values relevant here, as can be seen in the article.
AntonZab

Post by AntonZab »

Hello Max. As you look at something that would add a lump editor that would add, edit, delete, new pictures, sounds, and music directly from the editor. It would be great.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

AntonZab wrote:Hello Max. As you look at something that would add a lump editor that would add, edit, delete, new pictures, sounds, and music directly from the editor. It would be great.
Reverse SLADE becoming a thing?
btw, @MaxED is it possible to toggle between "used textures on top" and "used textures in their place" modes with a key?
Last edited by ZZYZX on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

Da Spadger wrote:What if the AmbientSound actor showed how far away it could be heard from?
This is already in GZDB for AmbientSound and AmbientSoundNoGravity.
AntonZab

Post by AntonZab »

slade and gzdoom different things
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

ZZYZX wrote:is it possible to toggle between "used textures on top" and "used textures in their place" modes with a key?
Yes, the key is Tab.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”