GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Tormentor667

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.06: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Tormentor667 »

Didn't solve it unfortunately.
Spoiler:
When opening the map, I do get the map 2D view for a short moment but then immediately the error message pops up. It's directly when parsing the MODELDEF, though it happens only once and when hitting "Continue" I actually can work in 2D mode. But when launching the 3D mode, I get this error: (D3ERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005540516),
Spoiler:
...and the only thing I can do then is shutting down GZDB :( Hope this helps with tracking down the issue.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Tormentor667 wrote:Didn't solve it unfortunately.
Spoiler:
When opening the map, I do get the map 2D view for a short moment but then immediately the error message pops up. It's directly when parsing the MODELDEF, though it happens only once and when hitting "Continue" I actually can work in 2D mode. But when launching the 3D mode, I get this error: (D3ERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005540516),
Spoiler:
...and the only thing I can do then is shutting down GZDB :( Hope this helps with tracking down the issue.
Hmm... Check that decimal separator is point, not comma on your OS (it should be somewhere under Control Pannel - Regional standards).
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I have a german Windows 7 and in Germany it's usual to have a comma as seperator, not a point. You should take this into consideration as Germany isn't the only country where this is usual.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Tormentor667 wrote:I have a german Windows 7 and in Germany it's usual to have a comma as seperator, not a point. You should take this into consideration as Germany isn't the only country where this is usual.
Well, it's also usual in Russia, but I haven't had any problems with it when I changed it to point in Russian versions of Windows XP and 7...
Anyway, currently I'm going to rewrite my modeldef parsing code in a way other Doom Builder 2 parsers work (it should also allow me to load MODELDEFs and models from wads and pk3s), so this problem should be gone in one of 1.06 updates.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Glad to hear, so I am just being a bit patient now :)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Tormentor667 wrote:Glad to hear, so I am just being a bit patient now :)
Check out 1.06a
Tormentor667

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.06a: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Tormentor667 »

Pretty nice, I was able to use 3D Mode without any further crashes :) Though there are some problems with some models though. The first 2 attached shots show a distortion with some models. They work fine ingame but look strange in GZDoomBuilder. On the other hand, as in shot 3, transparent textures will be displayed as white instead of transparent.

Other than that very well done in terms of bugfixing :)
Attachments
transparent.jpg
distorted2.jpg
distorted.jpg
MaxED

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.06a: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by MaxED »

Tormentor667 wrote:Pretty nice, I was able to use 3D Mode without any further crashes :) Though there are some problems with some models though. The first 2 attached shots show a distortion with some models. They work fine ingame but look strange in GZDoomBuilder. On the other hand, as in shot 3, transparent textures will be displayed as white instead of transparent.

Other than that very well done in terms of bugfixing :)
Oh wow... :shock:
I completely forgot that models can have transparent textures (that'll be easy to fix fixed in 1.06b).
But I haven't seen such distortions while I tested the editor (I noticed that some of MD2 models have their UVs messed up, but hasn't seen any problems with geometry)... Looks like vertex order gets messed in some cases.

Can you send me one of such distorted models for testing?..
Tormentor667

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.06b: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Tormentor667 »

I am currently at work, but I will check for an example model this evening.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Just writing a pm
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Tormentor667 wrote:Just writing a pm
Check out 1.06c :)
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.06c: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by cq75 »

This is very interesting; CodeImp made a post earlier on some UDMF features I commonly use
CodeImp wrote:You may even want to add the features that my GZDoom Editing plugin has (many UDMF stuff such as flat rotation/scaling/offset, individual high/mid/low texture offsets and auto-align, slopes, etc) ...
Has there been any progress on these features? I would definitely switch from DB2 to this editor if it had DB2's GzDoom editing plugin features.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

cq75 wrote:This is very interesting; CodeImp made a post earlier on some UDMF features I commonly use
CodeImp wrote:You may even want to add the features that my GZDoom Editing plugin has (many UDMF stuff such as flat rotation/scaling/offset, individual high/mid/low texture offsets and auto-align, slopes, etc) ...
Has there been any progress on these features? I would definitely switch from DB2 to this editor if it had DB2's GzDoom editing plugin features.

GZDoom Builder is based on latest Doom Builder 2 SVN version, so it has all features Doom Builder 2 has (including GZDoom Visual mode and UDMF features).
cq75

Post by cq75 »

Great, downloading!

EDIT - Works great, thanks for making this
cq75

Post by cq75 »

Double posted to report an odd problem, it works great on one computer but it doesn't work on another, both of them are running Windows 7 Professional x64, the only difference is the graphics card and one of them is newer and possibly has more windows updates.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”