GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.12f: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Kappes Buur »

When recording a video, coming from the preview window, the editing window has shifted, causing me to pan the edit window back into position.
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Can we have a feature where while drawing lines, we can preview which direction the line will be facing? SLADE's map editor has such a feature; when you are drawing lines, the little "line handle" (I don't know what else to call it) remains visible even before you finish drawing.

I realize the general rule is to make lines face outwards, draw lines counter-clockwise, and vice versa, but having visual feedback is much easier than remembering to draw in the correct direction...
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Kappes Buur wrote:When recording a video, coming from the preview window, the editing window has shifted, causing me to pan the edit window back into position.
Go to Preferences -> Interface and disable "Sync camera between 2D and 3D modes" option.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Ah, excellent. Thank you.
Sgt Dopey
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sgt Dopey »

Can I suggest a real time view much like in UnrealEd. Which basically means animated textures animate, ambient sounds play and you can see the sky in place of F_SKY1 as defined in MAPINFO or a skybox
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xtyfe »

Sgt Dopey wrote:you can see the sky in place of F_SKY1 as defined in MAPINFO or a skybox
I do believe DeePSea has this feature, it would be a 1up for DB2 over them for sure :lol:
Nash

Post by Nash »

Pretty sure MaxEd has sky rendering planned for GZDB. Not sure if it will handle sector-based skyboxes though... that sounds like a lot of complex portal work (but would be awesome!).
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Sgt Dopey wrote:Can I suggest a real time view much like in UnrealEd. Which basically means animated textures animate, ambient sounds play and you can see the sky in place of F_SKY1 as defined in MAPINFO or a skybox
Sector brightness animation would be nice as well, I may add. The problem is, to add all these nice things, I'll need to replace Doom Builder's rendering engine with a new one (Irrlicht engine seems a good choice to me), which will require TREMENDOUS ammount of work (and I'm not sure I have required programming skills to do it properly). Currently I'm working on a game project, and I want to finish it first, then look into the engine stuff.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Now I am noticing that the program is crashing not just in that specific map, but anywhere else. I can't draw more than 2 or 3 sectors before crashing. It was working fine a couple of days ago, what can be causing this?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

I haven't recieved a map you said you'll be sending, so I still have no idea :)
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

http://www.mediafire.com/?soq9m2gqvukwkj7

This is the map.

But as I said, its not happening just with this map anymore. Now its happening even when I open a new map. The editor crashes after I draw a couple of sectors.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Yes, looks like the problem is not caused by the map (I've spent 15 minutes drawing various crazy shapes inside and outside of the map. I even drawn a sector across the whole map. It took about 40 seconds to compute it, but it didn't crash the editor...)

Can you send me your GZBuilder.log and GZBuilder.cfg? You can find them here:
Windows Vista, 7: C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Local Settings\Application Data\Doom Builder\
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:Can we have a feature where while drawing lines, we can preview which direction the line will be facing? SLADE's map editor has such a feature; when you are drawing lines, the little "line handle" (I don't know what else to call it) remains visible even before you finish drawing.

I realize the general rule is to make lines face outwards, draw lines counter-clockwise, and vice versa, but having visual feedback is much easier than remembering to draw in the correct direction...
Added in r1612 (and now you'll have to wait until SiberianTiger updates GZDB SVN builds page :))

Nash

Post by Nash »

Thank you! Oh and... you're no longer uploading binaries? Aww... :(
Nash

Post by Nash »

Support to render vertex heights in Visual Mode? Please? :3

(Not sure about support for editing though... since I don't think there is a mode that allows you to manipulate vertices in the Visual Mode).

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”