GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MaxED

Re: GZDoomBuilder: bringing GZDoom features into Doom Builde

Post by MaxED »

Agentbromsnor wrote:I installed both of them and its still crashing upon startup...
Do you have Doom Builder 2 installed and does it launch properly? And which verison of Windows are you using?
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

Doom Builder runs just fine, its your program, sorry.

I use Windows Vista Home Premium.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Okay for some reason it's crashing on me now too on startup. It was working yesterday. I didn't change anything in my system. o_O Installing the stuff inside the setup folder doesn't fix anything.

Regular Doom Builder 2 works. Rolling back...

(Whew good thing I made a backup!)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Oh... I've forgot to add default configuration file to release archive... Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?levjahuipra000i. Put it in GZDoomBuilder folder, alongside with Builder.exe. (And I'll reupload full archive now...)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Alright, it works again now. Thanks.

Is there a fast and accurate way to migrate over my saved Doom Builder 2 settings into GZDoomBuilder? I hate having to setup everything again from scratch... things like resources with saved configurations, control schemes, etc... there's too much to recreate that I may end up missing something. I'm looking for a 100% accurate settings transfer.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:Alright, it works again now. Thanks.

Is there a fast and accurate way to migrate over my saved Doom Builder 2 settings into GZDoomBuilder? I hate having to setup everything again from scratch... things like resources with saved configurations, control schemes, etc... there's too much to recreate that I may end up missing something. I'm looking for a 100% accurate settings transfer.
Well, I think you can make copy of your Builder.cfg and rename it to GZBuilder.cfg. Tried that now - worked for me.
It's located here:
Windows Vista, 7: "C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\"
Windows XP: "C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Local Settings\Application Data\Doom Builder\"
Nash

Post by Nash »

Alright, thanks. I did that and my DB2 settings are restored. However, now the dynamic lights don't show up in the regular visual mode and also the GZDoom visual mode.

Is there some setting that I have to turn on?

Also, can you upload the test map you featured in the first post?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

1. Enable GZDoom pannel in Preferences (F5) -> Interface -> Toolbar buttons.
2. You may also set these actions to keys in Preferences (F5) -> Controls in "GZDoomBuilder" catgory.

And here's the map. Nothing interesting there though :) http://www.mediafire.com/?le3sfnexso9va55
Nash

Post by Nash »

The toolbar and their buttons are already enabled by default! Models show up fine. It's just the dynamic lights that aren't showing up. Even their thing icons aren't visible in the visual modes (both regular and GZDoom) - it's like as if they are not even there. They show up fine in classic/2-d mode though.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Did you overwrite configurations, that came with GZBuilder? (I mean those files in \GZDoomBuilder 1.0\Configurations\ folder)
If so, either restore them, or open "\GZDoomBuilder 1.0\Configurations\Includes\GZDoom_things.cfg" and set:

gzdoom
{
dynlights
{
width = 8; <- set this
height = 16; <- this
sprite = "internal:light"; <- and this

there.

If width or height of thing is set to 0, Doom Builder won't render it in 3D mode, so my code won't be able to collect this thing for light rendering.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Yes I did, that's exactly how my GZDoom_things.cfg looks like.

(I can see the light icon in the 2-d mode when I hover my mouse over the light. And yes I am using thing 9800)

I also tried installing GZDB into a new folder, using all of your CFGs - dynamic lights still aren't rendering.

Is there anything else I can do to help you troubleshoot?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Found the problem: if (g)zdoom.pk3 is loaded (press F6), the lighting won't render.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I have found the problem, see previous post. Also, some feedback: currently the lighting looks like it's rendered with "GZDoom additive lighting mode". I understand this is WIP but I'm just reporting it here in case it looks different on your screen. :D

Love this editor!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The OP mentions MD3 models. Are MD2s also supported?
tobester

Post by tobester »

Just wanted to say that I too have Windows Vista Home Premium and cannot get this program to run, same error as Agentbromsnor, crashes when I double click the icon to start it. Replaced the config and made sure .NET Framework and SLimDX were installed, but no dice. I don't think it's the program, just the OS :P

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”