GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
printz

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by printz »

I've updated the Eternity UDMF configuration, can you add it please to the editor?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/510 ... rations.7z

Thank you.
boris

Post by boris »

printz wrote:I've updated the Eternity UDMF configuration, can you add it please to the editor?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/510 ... rations.7z

Thank you.
WELL WHERE IS THE PULL REQUEST?
printz

Post by printz »

Totally forgot I can do that!
everennui

Post by everennui »

Hi. I'm having an issue with 3D Mode.

I run an AMD Athlon X2 235e (Dual Core 2.7ghz) with a Geforce GTX570 HD GPU.

When I've been using GZDB for more than 30 minutes my computer will turn black. A little box in my right Windows tray will say something like, "....Display...". I think this must be an issue with my GPU. Maybe because it's a way newer card than my CPU and there's a serious bottleneck? I've updated my drivers. I'm not sure if my computer is capable of running the program.

If I push Alt + Tab quick enough I'm able to prevent my computer from crashing, but if I try to use 3D Mode again, it will instantly crash my whole PC. Everything freezes. Caps Locks doesn't work. The mouse doesn't work.

Doom is the most complex thing I do on my PC - as far as using the GPU.

So... I don't think it's great for my computer to keep crashing like that.

I was able to get a crash report once, but I'm not sure where my computer saved the file.

Is there anything that I can do?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

MaxED wrote:
Xaser wrote:Being able to snap vertices to 1/2 or 1/4 of a unit would probably save my bacon here.
Your bacon is probably safe now.
The bacon is indeed delicious. Thanks for adding this!
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

@everennui
The little box probably says that your display driver has crashed. That's might be a problem with your video driver, OR motherboard driver, OR CPU. Or broken DirectX version. Or something like that.
Does it only happen in GZDB? Are you using desktop compositing (Aero)? Have you tried to turn it off (in case you are lucky owner of a Windows 7 and not this horrible abomination Win8/10 where you can't turn compositing off)?
Zan

Post by Zan »

Hey, guys, can someone explain me why there are 3 windows when selecting textures for linedefs? https://postimg.org/image/mvri77nzb/

I actually want to make a composite wall texture to have a different top, middle and bottom texture type. Is it possible to make it? Or those texture boxes are for something else?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Those are for Top, Middle and Bottom sidedef texture. Examine sidedef textures of any released map to see how they are used.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Zan wrote:Hey, guys, can someone explain me why there are 3 windows when selecting textures for linedefs? https://postimg.org/image/mvri77nzb/

I actually want to make a composite wall texture to have a different top, middle and bottom texture type. Is it possible to make it? Or those texture boxes are for something else?
Everything you need to know about Doom rendering:
Spoiler:
Zan

Post by Zan »

Thanks, I started to figure out how it works now.
camaxide

Post by camaxide »

Nevander wrote:
MaxED wrote:
camaxide wrote:Is this intended?
Yes.
I suppose it makes sense. Why would you need to see them twice, if you could just move the texture to the used list and not have to relist it again? I also suppose it could potentially get confusing when you're looking for a texture at the bottom of the list and can't find it, forgetting it was used already.
I'd argue it does not make sense. When browsing through textures their names usualy match similar and grouped textures. (Like panel 1-9 in default Doom textures) So if you want to look over them and pick the right one it really does not make sense that half of them would be missing from the list (placed at top only) so to compare and pick becomes a scrolling job rather than what it used to be before. With close to 6000 textures in my project wad it's becoming a rather messy setup to deal with compared to the "old" one. Only about 350 textures are used in a single map, but the way it now makes the list a hassle to browse through is far from ideal. It's anyway weird not to be able to use the list as it was and be "forced" to move to a new setup which (in my opinion) is less functional. I'd like if one would at least be able to chose to have the "old" behaviour.

I'd like to point out that I'm very pleased with the continous work and quick fixes and new features you keep adding MaxED, just like to point out when there are things I feel could or should be different :) I like options, and optional changes :)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

camaxide wrote:to compare and pick becomes a scrolling job rather than what it used to be before.
No. Select a used texture and press Tab.
camaxide wrote:With close to 6000 textures in my project wad it's becoming a rather messy setup to deal with compared to the "old" one.
It's your problem. Either convert it to pk3/folder and group textures using folders or create and assign texture groups manually.
camaxide wrote:I like options, and optional changes :)
I like pull requests.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

hows the update on the deagle sprite
camaxide

Post by camaxide »

camaxide wrote:
to compare and pick becomes a scrolling job rather than what it used to be before.
No. Select a used texture and press Tab.
This does not work. When I'm looking for the right texture to use, I don't know beforehand if I will end up with a used or unused texture.
camaxide wrote:
With close to 6000 textures in my project wad it's becoming a rather messy setup to deal with compared to the "old" one.
It's your problem. Either convert it to pk3/folder and group textures using folders or create and assign texture groups manually.
I don't think this is days well spent. I've got more than 11.000 entries in my wad and will certainly not change the entire structure of it from regular doom-wad structure to pk3/folder structure simply as a result of the texture browser change.
To not go with pk3/folder structure is a decision I made long ago, and it's not going to change midway.

Seem quite weird to make a change that seem to be optimal for pk3/subfolder structure - and not work well for a standard wad-setup.

Is there any technical reason the old way can't be easily implemented in the new browser? or is it just "I don't want to"?
everennui

Post by everennui »

ZZYZX wrote:@everennui
The little box probably says that your display driver has crashed. That's might be a problem with your video driver, OR motherboard driver, OR CPU. Or broken DirectX version. Or something like that.
Does it only happen in GZDB? Are you using desktop compositing (Aero)? Have you tried to turn it off (in case you are lucky owner of a Windows 7 and not this horrible abomination Win8/10 where you can't turn compositing off)?
Thank you for the reply. I think you are correct about the video driver. When I was looking at the system requirements I noticed something about Direct X 9.0, so I downloaded that and installed it. I haven't tried GZDB since I updated it. I'll use it today.

I do have Windows 7 and I've already disabled Aero.

I'll see how this works with the Direct X 9.0 and if there are still issues I'll try to wrap my head around finding drivers for my mobo or CPU.

When I was sleeping, I thought, What if it's because of the Dynamic Lighting I use in GZDB? It's fine when I run GZDoom 2.3pre, but maybe having so many dynamic lights without Doom's nodes to only render what's on screen it's having an issue.

Thank you again, for the reply. I'll keep the forum posted on my issues.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”