GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
KPu3uC B Poccuu

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.07f: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by KPu3uC B Poccuu »

The official Doom Builder 2 already can do that with its GZDoom Visual Mode plugin.
Sorry, if I asking in wrong place, but I checked official Doom Builder site and didn't find this plugin so far.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

KPu3uC B Poccuu wrote:
The official Doom Builder 2 already can do that with its GZDoom Visual Mode plugin.
Sorry, if I asking in wrong place, but I checked official Doom Builder site and didn't find this plugin so far.
For some strange reason it actually isn't avaliable there. But it's included in SVN build, which can be downloaded from DRDTeam.org.
KPu3uC B Poccuu

Post by KPu3uC B Poccuu »

Thanks, I will try it.
Nash

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.08: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Nash »

Spoiler:
That looks sexy!

Anyway, some questions:

1: Is it possible to get the 2D view to draw the radius of dynamic lights? So I can see a graphical representation of the light radius?
2: Is it possible to move things in the Visual Mode in the X and Y axis? Z axis works by using the mousewheel, but I haven't figured out how to do it on X and Y.
3: Is it possible to add floor and ceiling aligning in the 3D Visual Mode? 3D floor panning/scaling/rotating is kinda difficult to visualize right now...

Also, just a quick note that I had to go into the registry, search for Builder.exe and edit the shell open command line in there because I uninstalled official Doom Builder 2 but it doesn't remove this key (keeps pointing to DB2 instead of GZDB), which results in GZDoomBuilder disappearing from my Open With right-click menu.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Everything that Nash said :)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:1: Is it possible to get the 2D view to draw the radius of dynamic lights? So I can see a graphical representation of the light radius?
That's possible, but will require some refactoring...
Nash wrote:2: Is it possible to move things in the Visual Mode in the X and Y axis? Z axis works by using the mousewheel, but I haven't figured out how to do it on X and Y.
Currently it's not possible. Idea to add this crossed my mind more than once. I just can't decide how exactly this should be controlled (via arrow keys, relative to camera angle? Or should it be more logical to use mouse wheel + some modifier keys, because vertical movement is controlled by mouse wheel? Or drag things with mouse, like wall textures? Or something else?)
Nash wrote:3: Is it possible to add floor and ceiling aligning in the 3D Visual Mode? 3D floor panning/scaling/rotating is kinda difficult to visualize right now...
Currently I'm working on a plugin, which will allow you to do that, among other things.
Nash wrote:Also, just a quick note that I had to go into the registry, search for Builder.exe and edit the shell open command line in there because I uninstalled official Doom Builder 2 but it doesn't remove this key (keeps pointing to DB2 instead of GZDB), which results in GZDoomBuilder disappearing from my Open With right-click menu.
Doom Builder 2 (and GZDoom Builder) doesn't use registry in any way, and I think it should remain that way.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I would suggest the arrow keys move the thing relative to the world coordinates, so Up and Down moves the thing in the Y axis, and left and right moves the thing in the X axis.

Or maybe allow two modes that the user can switch freely; either world coordinates or relative to camera?

Oh and good to hear about the new plugin!
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Nash wrote:Or maybe allow two modes that the user can switch freely; either world coordinates or relative to camera?
Even if this requires more work, I'm all of this idea. Giving the user freedom to choose what he/she wants is always good.
Blox

Post by Blox »

MaxED wrote:New in GZDoom Builder 1.08:
Added Bridge mode.
Spoiler:
Next thing's gonna be mapping with Bezier curves. ;p
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cq75 »

I was wondering, is it possible to limit the coordinates of the vertexes to integers for the UDMF format? Skulltag/Zandronum has problems with vertexes that are not on whole numbers.

Spoiler:
I looked through the UDMF configuration file but I didn't find anything, I'm surprised since Doom format doesn't allow decimal coordinates, but UDMF does, and the config specifies everything about the two file formats.

EDIT - I found a quick solution to this, select everything in the map and drag it, all vertex coordinates will be reduced to integer accuracy

EDIT2 - actually that only fixes about 80% of the vertexes
Nash

Post by Nash »

Any chance of editing vertex heights in UDMF directly?

http://www.doombuilder.com/forums/viewt ... f=13&t=469
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Nash wrote:Any chance of editing vertex heights in UDMF directly?
http://www.doombuilder.com/forums/viewt ... f=13&t=469
...and in 3D Mode? <3
Nash

Post by Nash »

That goes without saying.

Standard Doom Builder 2 (AKA CodeImp's DB2 :P) can already do real-time vertex slope Things (thing 1504 and 1505) if you place the things directly on the vertex and move them around in the GZDoom Visual Mode, you can see the terrain move in real-time. Give it a try.

Shortly after vertex slope thing support was added into DB2, ZDoom implemented Z coordinates for vertices in UDMF, which allows you to slope sectors without using Things 1504 and 1505 anymore.

What I suggested was the ability to edit the Z coordinates of a vertex directly and in real-time in GZDoomBuilder's GZDoom Visual Mode.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

cq75 wrote:I was wondering, is it possible to limit the coordinates of the vertexes to integers for the UDMF format? Skulltag/Zandronum has problems with vertexes that are not on whole numbers.
I've added "Snap selected vertices to grid" mode (found in Edit menu) in 1.09.
cq75 wrote:I looked through the UDMF configuration file but I didn't find anything, I'm surprised since Doom format doesn't allow decimal coordinates, but UDMF does, and the config specifies everything about the two file formats.
Doom Builder does many things differently depending on map format. Not all of these things can be tuned in configs (you REALLY don't need the ability to set vertex coordinates in floating point format, or ability to move things vertically when you are creating a map in doom map format).
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:Any chance of editing vertex heights in UDMF directly?
I know about that (G)ZDoom feature, and I know that it would be great have such feature in GZDB, buuut... I have even greater feature in mind :)
Not sure if my (poor) programming skills will allow me to implement that (even greater) feature, but I really want to try.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”