GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
StanklePussy

Re: GZDoomBuilder: bringing GZDoom features into Doom Builde

Post by StanklePussy »

Works pretty nice! Hey Maxed , not to be all of a sudden , i would like to learn about MAKING programs just like this and see if i can fit in and help
do projects with you. reply soon , i can make wads for us and post them. _ Cody AKA StanklePussy
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Well... To learn programming you just find a book or tutorial series for a programming language you wish to learn (C# in my case) and just follow along...
And when you think you've got the basics and can code a program all by yourself, you can grab the sources of Doom Builder 2 (or GZDoomBuilder, when I release version 1.01) and start tinkering with it... And I'm too preoccupied finishing GZDoomBuilder 1.01 to make any wads (except for testing ones).
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

O_o never seen this before. Guess this is what I get for not browsing the other forums that much. :P
bazzoka

Post by bazzoka »

Wow i did not knew what such thing exists and it dose cut off half of work thx. man
Spoiler:
Sarah
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 11 (bullseye), Windows 10

Post by Sarah »

This is cool, but not for a map filled with dynamic lights if you want to be able to seem them from the editor. I get about one frame every other minute in one of my gigantic udmf maps with the rendering turned on. It's clearly because of the dynamic lights since there's one on just about every light surface and the adjacent planes and sometimes just in the air to light surrounding areas. And I'm running on a nVidia 460Ti that'll play Rage with near unnoticeable blurring unless you turn really really fast.

I really only downloaded this to see if auto-alignment would work on 3D floor sides, but no. If you get that working I'd migrate over for sure. Otherwise, cool but I'm gonna stick with DB2 so long as I have to run this like DB2 anyway to get normal frame rates in visual modes.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Looks like DoomBuilder 2 has been updated recently (at r1489):

http://doombuilder.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... n&view=log
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:Looks like DoomBuilder 2 has been updated recently (at r1489):

http://doombuilder.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... n&view=log
Thanks! With your help, GZDoomBuilder 1.01 is based on r1493, not r1489 :)
CodeImp

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.01: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by CodeImp »

Huh? how is that possible, 1493 was made 2 days ago... did you apply all changes from the repository ever since you started working on GZDoom Builder?
Gez

Post by Gez »

CodeImp wrote:Huh? how is that possible, 1493 was made 2 days ago... did you apply all changes from the repository ever since you started working on GZDoom Builder?
There's nothing hard with that. It's just a TSVN "merge changes" dialog box away.
Nash

Post by Nash »

MaxEd, I don't mean to be a bitch, but is there any ETA on the following stuff:

- better dynamic light performance
- all dynamic light things
- proper dynamic light rendering (it looks like it's rendered as GZDoom's "additive" right now)
- translucent line fixes
CodeImp

Post by CodeImp »

Gez wrote:
CodeImp wrote:Huh? how is that possible, 1493 was made 2 days ago... did you apply all changes from the repository ever since you started working on GZDoom Builder?
There's nothing hard with that. It's just a TSVN "merge changes" dialog box away.
Yes, for you and me, but from private communications I understood he doesn't use SVN much (if at all). Hence, my "huh?" response.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:MaxEd, I don't mean to be a bitch, but is there any ETA on the following stuff:

- better dynamic light performance
- all dynamic light things
- proper dynamic light rendering (it looks like it's rendered as GZDoom's "additive" right now)
- translucent line fixes
- better dynamic light performance - Well, it's already better in GZDoomBuilder 1.01 (I used Winter Challenge, Unloved and Spawn as test wads, and they are all running well in 1.01 with dynamic lights (I'm using i5-2500 and GF550, so I can't guarantee that it will run flawless on all systems :) ). If you stil aren't satisfied with dynamic light performance, you can now lower number of dynamic lights being rendered (16 lights seems to be enough in almost all cases).

- all dynamic light things - Already added in 1.01 (or do you mean dynamic lights defined in GLDEFS? I'm currently working on GLDEFS parser, so it'll most certainly appear in GZDoomBuilder 1.02).

- proper dynamic light rendering (it looks like it's rendered as GZDoom's "additive" right now) - I know that. Seems that I'll need to rewrite dynamic light shader one more time... I've never messed with shaders before GZDoomBuilder, so it was quite hard for me to make it work at all :)

- translucent line fixes - Seems to be working fine in 1.01...
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Easy, actually. When I started working, latest revision of Doom Builder 2 was 1486
If you look here: http://doombuilder.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... n&view=log, you'll see that there were just 4 revisions after that, one of them fixing some typos in configs, the others changing 4-6 files, which weren't changed in any way in my version, so all I had to do was to download latest revision and replace changed files in GZDoom Builder sources...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

MaxED, you are doing a great job here, keep it coming! :)
MaxED

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.02: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by MaxED »

Hey, how about a competition?

If you want a screenshot from you'r wad to appear on GZDoomBuilder's title screen, well... send me a screenshot from you'r wad :)

Requirements:
- A screenshot must be taken in GZDoomBuilder, not in Doom.
- Dynamic lights should be on a screenshot.
- Models aren't required, but it will be nice to see them there too.

Any one up to it?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”