GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MaxED

Re: GZDoomBuilder: bringing GZDoom features into Doom Builde

Post by MaxED »

Enjay wrote:The OP mentions MD3 models. Are MD2s also supported?
Nope, currently MD3 models only. But if you stumble upon MD2 parser written in C#, let me know :)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

tobester wrote:Just wanted to say that I too have Windows Vista Home Premium and cannot get this program to run, same error as Agentbromsnor, crashes when I double click the icon to start it. Replaced the config and made sure .NET Framework and SLimDX were installed, but no dice. I don't think it's the program, just the OS :P
Can you send me/post "GZBuilder.log" file (it's located in "C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\")?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Also known as %LOCALAPPDATA%/Doom Builder/ (yes; you can use environment variables in the file explorer's address bar).
Doctor-Dos

Post by Doctor-Dos »

I cant get mine to work?

Should I just run it from the folder?

Or copy and replace over Doom Builder?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Better run it from it's own folder...
tobester

Post by tobester »

MaxED wrote:
tobester wrote:Just wanted to say that I too have Windows Vista Home Premium and cannot get this program to run, same error as Agentbromsnor, crashes when I double click the icon to start it. Replaced the config and made sure .NET Framework and SLimDX were installed, but no dice. I don't think it's the program, just the OS :P
Can you send me/post "GZBuilder.log" file (it's located in "C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\")?
Ok, so when I opened my laptop tonight, I accidently hit the new GZBuilder icon I've made instead of the regular Builder icon, and it works! :D I'm not sure what has changed; the only thing I've done in the meantime is let the machine hibernate while I slept. I doubt it matters anymore, but here's the log file:
Spoiler:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

AWE-SOME!!!

...as soon as my internet is working again at home I will try this!
Nash

Post by Nash »

any plans to put the source up on svn? i'm interested in shipping my game project with a customized build of db2 and it would be amazing if i could sync my fork with yours...
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:any plans to put the source up on svn? i'm interested in shipping my game project with a customized build of db2 and it would be amazing if i could sync my fork with yours...
Well, since I'm working on it alone, I don't see much sense in doing so. I think I'll just release sources with next versions of GZBuilder.
Nash

Post by Nash »

That sounds good too. :D Keep up the good work! You have a long-term GZBuilder user here. ;D Hope you eventually implement the planned stuff...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Nash wrote:That sounds good too. :D Keep up the good work! You have a long-term GZBuilder user here. ;D Hope you eventually implement the planned stuff...
Not only you :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Have you thought about setting up some public repository for the source code?
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Her... is there a way to see the bigger textures in the 3D mode?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Ravick wrote:Her... is there a way to see the bigger textures in the 3D mode?
Err... What's the problem with them?

Just a quick test using 1024x1024 textures on walls and floor:
CodeImp

Post by CodeImp »

Hey this is a nice project, I like to see this! Indeed this can't all be done with a plugin, because the API doesn't let you change shaders and other low-level rendering features. So this is a good project for people that want more features. You may even want to add the features that my GZDoom Editing plugin has (many UDMF stuff such as flat rotation/scaling/offset, individual high/mid/low texture offsets and auto-align, slopes, etc) Keep up the good work! And if you have any technical questions, feel free to send me an email.

EDIT: Oh I just read that you don't use SVN... that would really be an improvement in your work! I can give you a branch in the same repository that DB2 is in and you should start off this branch with a copy from one of the base revisions (latest 1483?) and apply your changes from there. This is important, because then it is much easier to apply any changes that I make to the DB2 base (and I'm sure there will be changes that you would like to have as well, such as bug fixes) and with SVN you can just select my changes and apply them in your branch (may need some conflict resolving in parts where you changed code yourself, but you know your own code so you will know how to work that out). Kaiser did the same for Doom Builder 64, which is also a fork of DB2 just like your project. You can find his branch here and some more info here. Let me know what you think and if you like this then I'll make a branch for you!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”