GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MaxED

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.07d: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by MaxED »

Tormentor667 wrote:You are doing a great job on this one! BTW, when do you think will you be able to add fade support from the UDMF sector settings?
Already in since 1.06... Fade-from-MAPINFO was added much later. And you can set it easily using ColorPicker plugin.
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cq75 »

The prompt bug fixing is appreciated, thanks

EDIT - my custom config that worked in 1.06c doesn't work now in 1.07d. It gave me an error about not finding the hexen and doom entries in Zdoom_Sectors.cfg -- I opened it up and the doom and hexen sections are indeed missing, they have been replaced with a zDoom section.

So I edited my config... I added include("Includes\\Zdoom_sectors.cfg","zdoom"); and commented out the other includes() relating to sectior actions.

Doombuilder parsed the result with no errors or warnings, but when I started a new map with it the program crashed : "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

Spoiler:
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

cq75 wrote:The prompt bug fixing is appreciated, thanks

EDIT - my custom config that worked in 1.06c doesn't work now in 1.07d. It gave me an error about not finding the hexen and doom entries in Zdoom_Sectors.cfg -- I opened it up and the doom and hexen sections are indeed missing, they have been replaced with a zDoom section.

So I edited my config... I added include("Includes\\Zdoom_sectors.cfg","zdoom"); and commented out the other includes() relating to sectior actions.

Doombuilder parsed the result with no errors or warnings, but when I started a new map with it the program crashed : "Index was outside the bounds of the array"
Try 1.07e. You may also be interested in "New settings in game configurations" section in my first post.
Tormentor667

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.07e: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Tormentor667 »

By the way, I have a suggestion: Would it be hard to add a key/feature to rotate ceiling and floor textures in Visual Mode? Something like the arrows for aligning the floor/ceiling in x/y direction, just with rotating the flats by 1.0 unit with keys live?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Tormentor667 wrote:By the way, I have a suggestion: Would it be hard to add a key/feature to rotate ceiling and floor textures in Visual Mode? Something like the arrows for aligning the floor/ceiling in x/y direction, just with rotating the flats by 1.0 unit with keys live?
I'm planning to add a plugin, which will allow to edit many UDMF sector and line properties in Visual modes (including scaling, rotation, per-surface brightness and so on). But first I want to add another drawing mode in addition to Draw Ellipse and Draw Rectangle modes (because... well... I'm already working on it right now :) ).
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

That sounds good :) Atm the rotating would help a lot as I am currently working on various UDMF maps
cq75

Post by cq75 »

It doesn't crash on me now, which is great, thanks, but some features aren't working for my mod.

even with basegame = 0, my GLDEFS don't show in the visual mode

my MD3 ammo 3d models don't show either

The mod is a pk3, and the GLDEFS are spread over several files #include'd into GLDFES, could that be part of the problem?

Dynamic light things do show up, though.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

cq75 wrote:It doesn't crash on me now, which is great, thanks, but some features aren't working for my mod.

even with basegame = 0, my GLDEFS don't show in the visual mode

my MD3 ammo 3d models don't show either

The mod is a pk3, and the GLDEFS are spread over several files #include'd into GLDFES, could that be part of the problem?

Dynamic light things do show up, though.
Since you are using custom config, check "To load models or dynamic lights defined in GLDEFS for things defined in configuration files" section in my first post. If that's not the case, here are additional thoughts:

Have you added you'r pk3 to map's resources?
Do models and GLDEFS work in GZDoom?
Do any warning messages regarding GLDEFS or models loading show up in Errors and Warnings window?
#include directives were working last time I checked them...
Loading models and GLDEFS from pk3 files should be also working...

If everything is working fine in GZDoom and no warnings or errors are shown in GZDB, can you make some kind of test wad and send it in my general direction?
MaxED

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.07f: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by MaxED »

Disregard my previous post. My crash fix was not implemented properly...
Try 1.07f instead...
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

I must say that this is definitely more than awesome. The only downfall for me is that the WadAuthor mode does nothing yet, but that's nothing against the epic amount of win this thing is.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

hfc2x wrote:I must say that this is definitely more than awesome. The only downfall for me is that the WadAuthor mode does nothing yet, but that's nothing against the epic amount of win this thing is.
For some reason I though that WadAuthor mode actually allows you to edit map geometry. I'll remove it in the next update.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Okay, something else I'd like to request is that dynamic lights or things in general, which are not in sight, are not displayed (e.g. those which are hidden behind walls or which are in sectors out of sight). Why do I ask? I am currently working on a damn huge map and I consider myself to have a quite powerful machine. Though when having dynlights activated, I suffer a very low framerate (between 10 and 15), but it's much faster when things are deactived (40-50). The map is about 70% finished so I guess this will get unbearable if it's getting also larger :(
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Ugh... That'll require major rewrite of lighting algorithm. Currently my code checks if any of the surfaces-to-be-rendered intersects with any bounding box of visible dynamic light and then performs dynamic light shader pass for these surfaces. This is done every frame and I think that's what slowing things down (more surfaces -> more checks). Creating some sort of list of surfacfes, affected by dynamic lights, and updating it only when map is changed might help, but it'll require some time and effort to implement this properly...

For now, you can try to lower rendering distance to speed things up :3:
cq75

Post by cq75 »

Could this topic be stickied? This is a great program

EDIT - my configs are working again, in 1.07f, thank you

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”