[Release] Icon of Sin Boss Fight for Doom 2 v07

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: [WIP] Icon of Sin Boss Fight for Doom 2 v04

Postby RV-007 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 am

v04:
Sticky flames for final bosses done. (don't touch these flames!)
IOS's decaldef done.
poisonous rail puffs done. (your main concern due to instant accuracy)
spawn of sin monsters done. (random item drops on death state [keep your eye on these guys or keep on running {as bad as flames/pests, but no sticky}])

All in all, the IOS has become more of a force to reckon with. (requires Zdoom v2.6.1)
I could add in tentacle/zombie (link) monsters by A_VileTarget.
RV-007
anti-13ashar_society, lol
Banned User

Postby Marine Infierno » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:55 pm

RV-007 wrote:v04:
Sticky flames for final bosses done. (don't touch these flames!)
IOS's decaldef done.
poisonous rail puffs done. (your main concern due to instant accuracy)
spawn of sin monsters done. (random item drops on death state [keep your eye on these guys or keep on running {as bad as flames/pests, but no sticky}])

All in all, the IOS has become more of a force to reckon with. (requires Zdoom v2.6.1)
I could add in tentacle/zombie (link) monsters by A_VileTarget.

as it would be play Icon of Sin v4 in Mode Ultra-Violence or Nightmare fundamentally impossible
Marine Infierno
also known : Miltonator , jose unknown , jose milton

Location: Colombia , Bogota , my aunt's house xD (my geek house)

Postby RV-007 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:29 am

Yes, I realized that. I managed to hit the bossbrain twice (w/ the pillar) before going down thanks to the poison. I haven't tried getting those items near the IOS. I'll tone that down to a slow enough one second and see if that helps.
RV-007
Banned User

Postby RV-007 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:15 am

Ok, the main problem is the lack of the right items to help balance out against the poisonous rail bulletpuffs and the sneaking spawn of sins. I added in soulspheres and blurspheres to counter those problems. I think adding in two stuff is too easy, but @ least I won on UV difficulty in 1:16 minutes. It was a short, but difficult fight. Had to run around to control the IOS parts @ the right time. The firey breath is a no man zone.
Last edited by RV-007 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
RV-007
Banned User

Postby RV-007 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:54 am

v04: Hotfix
This hotfix passes no bs gear for you when you go head to head w/ the ultimate foe.
No more shellboxes, no more clipboxes, just the dough you need when it's kill or be killed.
You get the rockets, the cellpacks, the blurspheres, and of course, the medikits.
That's all you need when you go to a showdown against the railin', fire-breathin' machine.
I don't know about multiplayer (I assume it's much easier), but I soloed on UV in 3:21-3:23 minutes; not enough for a golf par (3:00), but it gets the job done.
This one hell of a monster will test your limits on ammo conservation, strafing, alertness, and above all, know when you gotta do something, whatevers, lol.

If anyone wants to make the rail_eyes or firey_breath actors to see invisible, let me know.
Okay, Happy Halloween and whatever else there is to say.
RV-007
Banned User

Postby RV-007 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:13 pm

+DONTMORPH for Spawn_of_Sin monster classes.
Changed Firey_Breath# projectile classes to proper english spelling.
RV-007
Banned User

Postby Marine Infierno » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:47 pm

RV-007 wrote:v04: Hotfix
This hotfix passes no bs gear for you when you go head to head w/ the ultimate foe.
No more shellboxes, no more clipboxes, just the dough you need when it's kill or be killed.
You get the rockets, the cellpacks, the blurspheres, and of course, the medikits.
That's all you need when you go to a showdown against the railin', fire-breathin' machine.
I don't know about multiplayer (I assume it's much easier), but I soloed on UV in 3:21-3:23 minutes; not enough for a golf par (3:00), but it gets the job done.
This one hell of a monster will test your limits on ammo conservation, strafing, alertness, and above all, know when you gotta do something, whatevers, lol.

If anyone wants to make the rail_eyes or firey_breath actors to see invisible, let me know.
Okay, Happy Halloween and whatever else there is to say.

would be nice if then shoot over 2000 in damage sin icon will show damage
Marine Infierno

Postby RV-007 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 am

You mean like making the wall have health and stuff? I think making the wall would be the best alternative.
RV-007
Banned User

Postby Marine Infierno » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:51 pm

RV-007 wrote:You mean like making the wall have health and stuff? I think making the wall would be the best alternative.

something like that
Marine Infierno

Re: [Release] Icon of Sin Boss Fight for Doom 2 v04

Postby RV-007 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:49 am

-Icon of Sin can see invisible (it is final boss so no excuse [beside, I don't think SEEINVISIBLE actor flag makes much difference anyway]).
-There should be less lag for fiery_Breath#.
-I might even make a floating head of IOS monster (as second and final stage). It will float around and have big mass so that any damage can't push it back (Pain state will freeze this dude). It might shoots white lasers outta its eyes (too dangerously accurate), breathe flames, use constant A_VileAttack, or vomit a wave of Spawn_of_Sin. It will still be the same flaming olde fart (more or less). It bleeds Spawn_of_Sin so it would be a summoner bitch, but is quite fair. Pain state will cause a Spawn_of_Sin pollen (how many, I don't know). I really should consult if I can make flaming/smoking floating IOS head and Spawn_of_Sin just like those Doom3 LostSouls. Thought there could be variations of IOS (maybe Gate Watcher becomes free too?).
-I am going to do the floating IOS right now! sdljfsfjoa;

EDIT (11/06/2014):
-I will comment out the Icon_of_Sin_Rail_Eye actors all together because of its status of assery (besides, the 1st stage IOS have great insurance coverage with those damn Spawn_of_Sin trying to intercept its weak spot.
-I might make Spawn_of_Sin +SOLID again so that it now serves more of a wall to entrap targets before becoming kindle to fire.
-Floating Icon of Sin will still be -SOLID for resolving potential errors.
-Details of A_PainAttack usage in session.
-New flame sprites + code a WIP.
RV-007
Banned User

Re: [Release] Icon of Sin Boss Fight for Doom 2 v05

Postby RV-007 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:16 am

v05: New Flame Sprites!
-New flame sprites (plus it being very deadly).
-To make things fair, I decided to comment out the Icon_of_Sin_Rail_Eye.
-Upon BossBrain's death, all extra IOS (attacking) actors are removed.
-Will need to replace the BossEye actor(s) later on to remove it upon BossBrain's death
-New sound for new sprites?
-Will work on floating IOS in near future.
RV-007
Banned User

Postby RV-007 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:19 am

v05: (1st Stage) Final Boss Hotfix
-New sounds for new fiery breath sprites.
-Replaced BossEye now dies with BossBrain.
-Now be working on the 2nd stage IOS (lousy intro + map edit of UDMF line id #s [screenshots after progress] might be included).
-Oh shit! Meshed in lines in map30! This one is going to require expert mapping.
RV-007
Banned User

Postby RV-007 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:15 am

+Some Characteristics of the Floating Icon of Sin:
It would be continously moving regardless if there is a Pain state or not.
Check out the blood golem for BloodType, copy behavior w/ Spawn_of_Sin.
Pain state might have a Archvile vertical A_Rail type of attack happening (8 times [in 2 tics] the switch pattern [good as a Missile state too!]).
Pain state might be a wave of Spawn_of_Sin aimed at target, but I believe that a ceiling cone rain (one relating to the ArchvileFire idea + BulletPuff modification) of Spawn_of_Sin over the target would be the best defensive-like Pain state (it's raining Spawn_of_Sin!).
Missile state might be breathing flames as usual.
Missile state might be spewing prolonged Spawn_of_Sin waves in wide angles (not sure if I would use squiggly Spawn_of_Sin projectiles like mentioned in the line below).
It doesn't fall upon death state, some movement, rawr(s), and 360 degrees + pitches in (squiggly Spawn_of_Sin projectiles [that spawns a normal Spawn_of_Sin upon death] and maybe a few random sprays of flames about before in fading/dying state (although the final stand move is still allowed in fading/dying state).

+Other Stuff:
I need to make a stage outro/intro transition (probably w/ custom music [to indicate a obvious difference!]).
I will have some trouble idin' the lines (after my 1st attempt to convert a doom map into UDMF map format.
RV-007
Banned User

Re: [Release] Icon of Sin Boss Fight for Doom 2 v06

Postby RV-007 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:07 pm

v06: Floating Icon of Sin WIP
-I have initiated creating a floating IOS (image in this post so 1st post reference not necessary).
-It has just passed the radius, height, and movement progress.
-I will now go ahead and make multiple attacks for IOS.
-@tm, it was an exciting chapter, but the last paragraph leaves so much to be done (it got boring fast).

Spoiler: Screenshot of Floating IOS Alpha
RV-007
Banned User

Re: [Release] Icon of Sin Boss Fight for Doom 2 v06

Postby RV-007 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:32 pm

v06: BORING Summer Rain Hotfix
-It's a start of the summer rain filled with Spawns of Sin!
-Pain state is ready to deter damage blocking and start health stealing! (Pain state "might" need to have the other attack states to be ready for combat balance purposes).
-BloodType actors complete!
-Missile state complete! Includes the dreaded puppet strings attack (it's not too bad though)!
-Do let me know if there is something you want to say about the 2nd stage final boss (I somehow feel as if there is a lackluster/overkill about the changes [*grumbles*]).
RV-007
Banned User

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects