[Released] Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Released] Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition

Post by wildweasel »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:
RV-007 wrote:The 'died this day' corpse sprite should at least be transparent so players can see.
I could of done it if I knew how. The death sprite is a mockery of Lady Gaga's latest album Born This Way. Scaling wouldn't work since the creature would be smaller than intended.
[wiki]A_SetScale[/wiki]
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

I went looking for the statement that causes transparency and I think it's A_FadeOut, http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/A_FadeOut . The closer the value is to 1.0, the more invisible that sprite becomes. There is also A_FadeIn, but I haven't test that yet. http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/A_FadeIn
Here is a sample code:

Code: Select all

Death:
		GOBL F 5
		GOBL F 1 A_FadeOut(0.2,1)
		GOBL G 5 A_Scream
		GOBL G 1 A_FadeOut(0.4,1)
		GOBL H 5 A_NoBlocking
		GOBL H 1 A_FadeOut(0.6,1)
		GOBL I 2
		GOBL I 5 A_FadeOut(0.8,1)
		GOBL I 1 A_HideThing
		GOBL I -1 A_Jump(127,"Fart")
		Stop
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

[wiki]A_FadeOut[/wiki] makes an actor's alpha decrease by the number provided. [wiki]A_FadeIn[/wiki] increases it.
[wiki]A_SetTranslucent[/wiki] allows you to set the translucency to a specific amount.

By the way, guys, if you don't like a mod, then don't play it. Flaming the mod/author does more harm than good, troll or not (in fact, especially if he's a troll). That is all.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Some observations from looking at the wad in SLADE:

There are well over 1000 sprites in this wad which are completely superfluous because they are recolors of stock doom graphics. These recolors could have been more quickly and easily done using either palette-to-pallette or palette-to-direct color translation in the applicable actor's DECORATE entry or in a TEXTURES lump, without any loss of color information as a result of conversion, and taken up less space to boot. And there are what appear to be unedited sprites from the Doom IWADs which you aren't supposed to distribute, not to mention the fact that you don't need them anyways since this is running under Doom! And unedited sprites from HeXen.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

amv2k9 wrote: There are well over 1000 sprites in this wad which are completely superfluous because they are recolors of stock doom graphics. These recolors could have been more quickly and easily done using either palette-to-pallette or palette-to-direct color translation in the applicable actor's DECORATE entry or in a TEXTURES lump, without any loss of color information as a result of conversion, and taken up less space to boot.

And there are what appear to be unedited sprites from the Doom IWADs which you aren't supposed to distribute, not to mention the fact that you don't need them anyways since this is running under Doom! And unedited sprites from HeXen.
Yeah when I merged the recolors from the realm667 bestiary with the wad. For the some of the player classes like the Chipmunk Baron I had to remake these sprites from scratch using the translation process with taking the snapshots to creating the mask for them, etc. Took me days to complete this process but was well worth it in the end.

Now as far as some of the Doom sprites from Doom 2 I added them in there so those monsters can also appear in the first Doom. Same thing with the sounds. The actors are there but needed the sprites and sounds to appear in Doom.
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:Now as far as some of the Doom sprites from Doom 2 I added them in there so those monsters can also appear in the first Doom. Same thing with the sounds. The actors are there but needed the sprites and sounds to appear in Doom.
Still not legal, so please remove them.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Can we just remove the whole thing and call it a day?
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:Can we just remove the whole thing and call it a day?
I like this plan, Somebody get this man a raise. Honestly its awful. And crosses that line of funny to straight out offensive. Plus with all the nudity it has to break a forum rule
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Trooper 077 wrote:
Zero X. Diamond wrote:Can we just remove the whole thing and call it a day?
I like this plan, Somebody get this man a raise. Honestly its awful. And crosses that line of funny to straight out offensive. Plus with all the nudity it has to break a forum rule
I'm not going to do that.
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by rollingcrow »

I think this one texture sums up all my thoughts.
Spoiler:
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

Well at least the download links were nuked. Thats enough for me.
JayBoy777

Post by JayBoy777 »

Those butthead guys when they drop things eg a trophy, a stripper, a magazine what do you do with all the things the buttheads[cartoon guys] drop
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

JayBoy777 wrote:Those butthead guys when they drop things eg a trophy, a stripper, a magazine what do you do with all the things the buttheads[cartoon guys] drop
To the best of my recollection, these items don't have a use.
JayBoy777

Post by JayBoy777 »

What about the playboy magazine goddess of hollywood and fame drops does that have a use if so tell me
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

JayBoy777 wrote:What about the playboy magazine goddess of hollywood and fame drops does that have a use if so tell me
Now that playboy magazine does have a use. It's the polymorph on steroids that uses rhapsody credits and turns monsters into naked women.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”