[Released] Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
TheAdmantArchvile

Re: [Released] Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:Blah blah blah
I was talking about your maps. If you didn't have your head up your ass, you would've found this out from my list. I want my new headphones, you plagaristic little worm.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:So far most of guys are giving up without giving this wad a fair chance.
Uh.
It's hard to give crap a fair chance.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

TheAdmantArchvile wrote:
Doomguy 2000 wrote:Blah blah blah
I was talking about your maps. If you didn't have your head up your ass, you would've found this out from my list. I want my new headphones, you plagaristic little worm.
TheAdmantArchvile wrote:49. YOU ACNOWEGED THAT YOUR LEVEL LOOKED LIKE BLOODFALLS IN THE SPRAWLTEXT, YOU LITTLE SHIT! I WILL KILL YOU IF I EVER MEET YOU, YOU WASTE OF SPERM! AHHHHHHHH
Yeah I gotta enjoy the message to posted about me. Then last night you said I deserve the worstward when there is something else out there that is much worse? Play Mobius then play Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition and tell me which one is worse. That is my challenge to you.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:So far most of guys are giving up without giving this wad a fair chance.
I don't give getting stabbed in the face a fair chance and on the first time it's blatantly obvious that's going to happen, I'm going to get out of there. Same thing goes with this, with it's "HURR JUSTIN BIEBER IS GAY AMIRITE" or the misuse of the word 'epic', horrible recolours, half-assed fonting, a monster that looks like it came out of fucking DO-TIMS, blatant photos that did not convert to palette well and various other stupid shit right on the title screen. And that's just the fucking title screen.
Doomguy 2000 wrote: Yeah I gotta enjoy the message to posted about me. Then last night you said I deserve the worstward when there is something else out there that is much worse? Play Mobius then play Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition and tell me which one is worse. That is my challenge to you.
You know what, I'm going with Mobius as the not as bad one. Both of these mods are like ramming hot pokers into my eyes, but Mobius is smaller and thus is over and done with sooner.
Last edited by TheDarkArchon on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

I gave it a fair chance. In fact, I probably wrote more about it than most people would, and played through three different episodes.
It's still not good.

Please consider listening to all of the negative criticism, instead of just dismissing it.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Currently in the middle of a thanksgiving dinner get-together. I'll spend time making a list when everybody's gone. Hopefully, Doomguy2000 will actually read it instead of dismissing it as if I'd dismissed his work.

Patience, my friends.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

This guy makes me wish I could ban people for making shit this bad.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

TerminusEst13 wrote:
I gave it a fair chance. In fact, I probably wrote more about it than most people would, and played through three different episodes.
It's still not good.

Please consider listening to all of the negative criticism, instead of just dismissing it.
I have read and you brought up some good valid points indeed. When it came to maps just like everyone else you go confused so I updated the first post to help clear that up.

Most of the people only played this 3-5 minutes before giving up on it. Of course there was TheAdmantArchvile who did a list on half of it so far. I'm curious to see what part 2 brings to the table. I know WildWeasel will make another list and I will be reading that as well.

I have also added my first trailer on the first post, well it's mostly the entire roster going up against each other. Maybe later today I might post a screenshot from one of my maps.
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

There we go. I’ve got some more alcohol in my blood, which means I can now present to you the second half of the list. Aren’t you excited?
TheAdamantArchvile wrote:50. Started the next level. So far, I’m not impressed.
51. A parody of “You’ve had a Bad Day” is playing in the background called “You know that You’re Gay.” Real fucking mature.
52. Weightlifter12 is in this version. There are no improvements to his spite, whatsoever. He still skids above the ground, has no other frames for anything, and still takes fucking forever to kill.
53. The background screen for the next map (Ocean House, it’s called) looks like Doomguy2000 just took a picture of some old-timey photo. Looks blurry as shit.
54. Some crappy wannabe They Might Be Giants band is playing in the background.
55. How is this an ocean house? It looks more like a-house-that’s-floating-in-the-sky.
56. Why is there a really fast tam marine who says “Scooby Dobbie Do” when alerted?
57. Not only does he drop a key, he drops the flaming grape juice from TIMS. Not content with stealing monsters, D2K decided to take the weapons, too.
58. Another one of the rooms as another tan marine and some kind of succubus monster. I think the monster was made by deviantArt user Yura of the Hair, but I’m not sure. Either way, he stole from someone’s deviantArt. This makes him a criminal.
59. Tan marines also drop basketballs. Why there are even a weapon is beyond me.
60. Just got attacked by that picture from the background text. Projectiles won’t kill it but bullets will. It’s death animation is just the same picture but with cartoon Xs over the eyes.
61. In the basement, there’s a room full of Scuba Steves from Urban Brawl. The look like they were directly stolen from the game. Same death bounce and everything.
62. Picture’s back. Same gimmick, same death animation.
63. Apparently, the sprawl text says it was a “Ghostly picture that could go through walls.” What a crock of bullshit.
64. Now I’m in a desert paradise. The first thing I’m greeted by is a giant picture of a naked woman. You still haven’t learned a damn thing, have you D2K?
65. More crappy indie rock is playing. I’m tempted just to mute the game and load up a little Rush.
66. More succubae, but one of them dropped a show of a woman, which spawns a friendly succubus.
67. Also found a stripper on the go, which does, say it with me, FUCKING NOTHING!
68. Our friend Shotgun thug from Batman doom and his clone buddies are here, too. They drop Smashers, ripped from the 667 armory to no surprise.
69. Hey, DBThanatos is in this Wad. He just sits behind a counter and says, “I heard you got kicked out of Len’s Crafters the other day what happened?”
70. More Greeneys and also moving zombies on pikes that shoot red plasma, fly, and turn into heart pedestals when they die?
71. There are also some pink imps that shoot rockets at me. That’s all I can really say.
72. Bevis and Butthead are here as well. They still have their polymorph guns that turn you into a chicken or pig.
73. There’s an entire room filled with naked pics and tan marines impseing with the pink imps. D2K, you are reaching Terry levels of immature.
74. What’s the boss of the level? It’s just a flat picture of some chicks in bikinis! (I think they’re the Miss Universe contestants) It takes forever to kill and it has a fireball attack that’s almost instikill.
75. I like how the next level text says, “my girlfriend tried to kill me.” D2K, you couldn’t get a girl to even look at you, even if you offered her $10 million.
76. Thanks for spawning me in a room full of Greeneys, you bastard.
77. Why do all the rooms have pictures of Wilford Brimler(?) or Limp Bisket album covers? Are you trying to tell up even more that you’re a douchebag?
78. What’s Pcorf doing in your wad? He’s much better than that.
79. Hey look, it’s a picture of you! I was right about my douchebag statement.
80. Why did you texture the wall with Something Awful photoshop entries?
81. Who the fuck is this marine? Why the hell is he so overpowered?
82. He spawns Hissyhoggers and Black copters from Twilight Warrior(?). Aside from the crappy stills, did you make a single bit of original material in this wad that was actually good?
83. “BestFriend?” D2K, you have no friends. No one would want to be your friend. You are nothing but a worm. There is no originality anywhere in this wad. It’s crap. It’s beyond crap. It’s the worst I’ve played. It’s worse than UACMN. It s worse than Gamerra’s Soul, It’s FUCKING garbage.
84. YOU RIPPED HE LAST LEVEL FROM BATMAN DOOM! YOU FUCKING THIEF! YOU DIDN’T MAKE A DAMN THING! YOU PISS ME TO NO END! I CAN NW SEE WHY WEASEL DIDN’T MAKE A LIST BECAUSE THIS WAD IS FUCKNG AWFUL. FUCK YOU DOOMGUY2000! YOU! ARE! A! HACK!
85. “Our Hero couldn’t take it anymore and killed himself.” After playing this wad, it’s no surprise why.
There, it’s done. Now I’m going to enjoy my thanksgiving. I doubt I will, thanks to your stupid ass.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

TheAdmantArchvile: Just.. Shut up. Now. You're making yourself look bad - very bad. You don't realise how badly you are letting him win - he's trolling you, don't you see?
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

with all posts above me, I have no desire to download this :blergh:
Nightfall

Post by Nightfall »

heh
hugoroy

Post by hugoroy »

The comments on this just made my day
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Meh, good mod doesn't need some concept which would be all builded around that, but... this thing doesn't have a pinch a of thought, it's a just a cluttered mess. Too much of everything. :blergh:
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Pink Silver wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:this wad is so bad it's good
No, this wad sinks from "so bad it's good" into "so bad that it opens a portal into the netherworld which completely sucks away any semblance of what is good in a terrible, horrible parody of not only itself, but any other wad that happens to be within 3 miles radius of it."
AKA So Bad It's Horrible
BlazingPhoenix wrote:This guy makes me wish I could ban people for making shit this bad.
Then just ban him, not just for making this shitastic excuse of a mod, but also for flagrantly disregarding and dismissing all criticism, constructive or otherwise. Only way this mod could possibly get ANY worse is if it were made by Terry.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”