[Released] Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
HellCattX

Re: [Released] Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition

Post by HellCattX »

I nothing in that video that displays real life enemies Where in real life is there a pink imp, or floating disembodies heads, or the others Floating impaled guy on a stick? How is that real life?. After seeing what he did with the smasher never makes me want to use it in a mod ever again.
SO where's my 9mm Chicken Launcher? if any weapon should be there its that.
I know i've put out some ugly things in my day, but this has taken the cake and added pickles.
Also i have a hunch that Cyberdemon2006 is just Doomguy 2000 under a different name.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

HellCattX wrote:Also i have a hunch that Cyberdemon2006 is just Doomguy 2000 under a different name.
IP logs disagree...vigorously.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

wildweasel wrote:
HellCattX wrote:Also i have a hunch that Cyberdemon2006 is just Doomguy 2000 under a different name.
IP logs disagree...vigorously.
Its a good thing i am not a cop, or'd i be outa of a job lol, note to self dont trust the hunches.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

This is quite possibly one of the most offensive wads I have ever seen. Not offensive in the terms of sexual, violent or other content (though the Nazi paraphenalia and beefcake make strides in that direction), but it is ugly to look at and listen to.

For the life of me, I don't understand why people continue to deliberately make crap under the guise of the "jokewad" like this. The author obviously went to a lot of *work*; and by work I mean taking stuff randomly from R667 and various mods, jamming in some meme crap, throwing it in a blender and coming out with something that manages to be not only less than the sum of its parts, but less than the value of all of its parts subtracted from one another. In the time it took to slap this together, anybody with even a modicum of talent, even, quite possibly the author himself, could have made something better.

There are non-serious mods that are good. There are jokemods that are actually funny. Rarely. Doomguy's Warzone Gold does neither and expects you to be fooled.
Last edited by amv2k9 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

Now I see what all the fuss is about.. It just looks so damn cluttered. But heres some advice.. make something more organized and original (Original being made by You and not taken by a bunch of other mods/wads).. maybe make a skinpack while you're at it
HellCattX wrote:I have a hunch that Cyberdemon2006 is just Doomguy 2000 under a different name.
Hehe, you're silly :3:
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

If you want to go that nuts with your wads, be my guest, because no one has the right to tell you what mods you can or can't make. However, for your and our sake, keep them to yourself. I don't know what were you thinking when you decided to release this to the public. Did you actually think that it's going to be praised by the community or something? Even "jokewads" need some planning and take some effort to execute "right". (well, probably not all of them :P )
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Add this to your mod, someone's gotta use it lol. You cant find it in my resource forum.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

HellCattX wrote:I nothing in that video that displays real life enemies Where in real life is there a pink imp, or floating disembodies heads, or the others Floating impaled guy on a stick? How is that real life?.
SO where's my 9mm Chicken Launcher? if any weapon should be there its that.
You're right you don't see that kind of stuff in real life. They are there because I put the voices of those real life characters into some of these monsters. The pink imp is actually the tourettes son while the impaled guy on a stick is called the interviewee. Those 2 are real life people from the tourettes guy series of videos posted in the internet. As far as the disembodies heads, take a look at the death sprite and tell who that is? That is another real life thing.

As far as the chicken launcher I had no idea that even existed. If I knew before hand I still wouldn't use since I find that boring and uninteresting. At this point in time I see no reason to add anymore weapons to this wad. The Cacoward and an Playboy Magazine as weapons of my own are more interesting than a sub machine that launches chickens from it.

Blue Shadow wrote:If you want to go that nuts with your wads, be my guest, because no one has the right to tell you what mods you can or can't make. However, for your and our sake, keep them to yourself. I don't know what were you thinking when you decided to release this to the public. Did you actually think that it's going to be praised by the community or something? Even "jokewads" need some planning and take some effort to execute "right". (well, probably not all of them :P )
So your telling I shouldn't release anything I like to the public? I was hoping for better reception but somehow ended with more people hating it. There were guys who couldn't play the wad more than 5 minutes before giving up on it. I was hoping they would talk about the difficulties since they barely scratched the surface. Hey at least they my maps and reviewed those.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

wildweasel wrote:My best suggestion is to cut everything, start over, and make just a simple gameplay mod with very few bells and/or whistles. Try making this, for example. And when you've made it and released it, pay attention to the gripes and issues that come up.
Erm, is that your way of saying my idea isn't a good one, Weasel? Because given the insanity that's been going on in here, I'm not really sure any more. :lol:
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Steve1664 wrote: Erm, is that your way of saying my idea isn't a good one, Weasel? Because given the insanity that's been going on in here, I'm not really sure any more. :lol:
No, he's saying it's basic.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Ah, good. That was the idea. Carry on, then.
FDARI

Post by FDARI »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:There were guys who couldn't play the wad more than 5 minutes before giving up on it. I was hoping they would talk about the difficulties since they barely scratched the surface. Hey at least they my maps and reviewed those.
Imagine that somebody served you a dish of something gooey and vaguely green, that appeared not to have died completely. It is cold, sticky and it stinks to high heaven. However, the chef implores you to dig in, and not just scratch the surface. Will you?

If the first 5 minutes of game play feels bad or worse, nobody will want to play it. You need to make something that is enjoyable from the start.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:
Holy hell what did I just watch
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

The 'died this day' corpse sprite should at least be transparent so players can see.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

RV-007 wrote:The 'died this day' corpse sprite should at least be transparent so players can see.
I could of done it if I knew how. The death sprite is a mockery of Lady Gaga's latest album Born This Way. Scaling wouldn't work since the creature would be smaller than intended.

Well here is the death sprite so people can read it properly.
Last edited by Doomguy 2000 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”