Brutal Doom Lite - Version 0.13 - bugfix V2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Brutal Doom Lite - Version 0.13 - bugfix V2

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

(A quick demonstration of BD Lite with Perkristian smooth weapons, Real Guns Advanced 2, Diaz, and Hunter's Moon)

This is a modified version of Brutal Doom made to work with other weapon mods.

Many stuff from Brutal Doom is still here: Shoting at the head deals more damage and you can explode heads with shotguns, gib any enemy to pieces (even big ones such barons and mancubus), etc.

But, due the compatibility issues for other mods, many things will be missing.
- You can't perform fatalities.
- You can't rip zombies with the chainsaw or chaingun
- Players have no custom deaths
- You can't push enemies away with melee attacks
- You can't grab barrels
- You can't have the Revenant rocket launcher, or the Mancubus flame cannon.
- No blood scretching trough the screen when you shoot an enemy at point blank range.
- You can't melt enemies with Plasma (unless the plasma projectiles in the weapons mod has the damagetype of "Plasma")
- Big enemies are hard to gib.
- Exploding an enemy head too close may cause damage to you.

//// ATENTION: \\\\
To play Brutal Doom Lite, with, or without other weapon mods, YOU MUST TURN AUTOAIM OFF at your player configs, or you will never able to perform headshots, and if there are gibs between you and the enemies, the autoaim will force you to shoot the gibs.

Download Links:

Skulltag:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9ozav4h0bpnn5tr

ZDoom/GZDoom:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jacz90zgcthn9cv

Brutal Doom and Brutal Doom Lite by Sergeant Mark IV

Sprites: Sergeant_Mark_IV, Mike12, David G, Dr Doctor.
3D models: Revilution

Version 2 Bugfix:
- Fixed issues that wasnt allowing the game to start with Russian Overkill or Doom 3 Weapons mod
- Fixed a bug with clips not droping from zombiemen
Last edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Steve1664

Re: Brutal Doom Lite: Now it is ZDoom/GZDoom-compatible!

Post by Steve1664 »

SQUUEEEEEE!!!! :D Thanks for reading my Doomworld post! Glad to see you come through so quickly. I'mma try it out right now and see how it works.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I combined this with Project MSX and they work great together. I had a weird hiccup where none of the features from MSX (sprint, charged melee, grenades etc) worked, but then it was fine again, so dunno what happened there.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Yeah, it works like a charm. However there seems to be a problems with some weapons mods that might utilize different plasma ball effects that interferes with it and causes startup problems. Plus it'd be nice if the "health regen" addon worked with it too. Other than that, thanks again for the nice choice of mod options!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I also noticed an issue with armor/health, cause MSX uses a recharging shield for armor and an inventory system for health. I'm trying to figure out how to override BD's placing of medkits/armor so I can switch back to MSX's item system for them. It's really weird cause sometimes it'll combine the two fine, but other times picking up health or armor will cause the shield/health to both degrade like Doom's regular system.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

unfortunatelly, this doesn't work good with stronghold, but works good with the other mods :D
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Works for me pretty well - just gaved it a shot with my mod and I must say it's way more satysfying to kill monsters now, heheh.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Magban724 wrote:Works for me pretty well - just gaved it a shot with my mod and I must say it's way more satysfying to kill monsters now, heheh.
The first think I thought when I've seem Mark's post was to play it w Russian Overkill. :lol:

Must try!
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Call of Brütality: Doom Ops? Brütal Russian Overkill? Only one way to respond:

GOOD DAY,SIR :D

AKA You Just Made A Lot Of People Happy
MagSigmaX

Post by MagSigmaX »

-Ghost- wrote:I also noticed an issue with armor/health, cause MSX uses a recharging shield for armor and an inventory system for health. I'm trying to figure out how to override BD's placing of medkits/armor so I can switch back to MSX's item system for them. It's really weird cause sometimes it'll combine the two fine, but other times picking up health or armor will cause the shield/health to both degrade like Doom's regular system.
The quickest way to resolve this problem when playing with MSX, is to comment out the ammo, health and artifact decorate lumps definitions of BDlite.

Other than that, thanks for releasing this!
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

When enemies start to burn to death they disappear and only the flames are there. They still scream though.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

MagSigmaX wrote:
-Ghost- wrote:I also noticed an issue with armor/health, cause MSX uses a recharging shield for armor and an inventory system for health. I'm trying to figure out how to override BD's placing of medkits/armor so I can switch back to MSX's item system for them. It's really weird cause sometimes it'll combine the two fine, but other times picking up health or armor will cause the shield/health to both degrade like Doom's regular system.
The quickest way to resolve this problem when playing with MSX, is to comment out the ammo, health and artifact decorate lumps definitions of BDlite.

Other than that, thanks for releasing this!
How do I go about doing that? Is it something I enter at the top/bottom of each text part?
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Hmmm, I'll be watching this. :)
stinkustink

Post by stinkustink »

Magban724 wrote:Works for me pretty well - just gaved it a shot with my mod and I must say it's way more satysfying to kill monsters now, heheh.
With public beta 1 or a private in-progress version? Because when I tried I just got fatal errors with gzdoom r1264:
Spoiler:
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

stinkustink wrote:
With public beta 1 or a private in-progress version? Because when I tried I just got fatal errors with gzdoom r1264:
Spoiler:
Getting error messages on RO as well. But it works GREAT with WRW.wad haha

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”