Powerslave 2 [some guy bumped this]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
CaptainToenail

Re: ZPowerslave

Post by CaptainToenail »

Exactly the same problem I have with the PS1 version. The controls were awful, damage from enemies and traps was extreme and you could only save between levels. After lots of struggling and frustration I got to a part where you glide down a volcano to fight some magma monsters before giving up completely. Shame because the game had a lot of potential, this TC is a perfect opportunity to make a playable version of the game, with multiplayer support too (maybe you could fit in some deathmatch arenas?)
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Yep, cool idea. I only played the Saturn version of Powerslave but I didn't get very far, although overall it's pretty fun so far.

But multiplayer is definitely the plus of this. Good luck!
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I would like to see level design and progression in the style of the console version. That version had better level design. Everything else should be from the PC version, which had better gameplay.
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

Cool project idea, I always thought it was a shame that this was a rather unique theme for an FPS and the game was rather shoddy. Some people have suggested changing the name, and I don't think that's a terrible idea. Just for inspiration, it was called 'Exhumed' over-seas and when 3D Realms was working on the game it was titled 'Ruins: Return of the Gods.' Good luck to ya, I'd like to see this be a cool little project.
Sgt Dopey
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sgt Dopey »

By the way i don't have access to the internet all the time (only on weekends) so if my posts are about a week apart you now know why
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

I have the Saturn version and its called Exhumed, and its a mighty fine game, it pushes the saturn to its limits with stuff like real 3d room over room environments and also real dynamic lighting! its a really hard game though. Shame theres no way of opening the console versions resources :(
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Ben2k9 wrote:I have the Saturn version and its called Exhumed
That would be the European version called that. ;)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ben2k9 wrote:I have the Saturn version and its called Exhumed, and its a mighty fine game, it pushes the saturn to its limits with stuff like real 3d room over room environments and also real dynamic lighting! its a really hard game though. Shame theres no way of opening the console versions resources :(
Yeah - the most I've managed to get are sound effects, and aside from a couple of randomized player jump sounds, they're pretty much identical to the PC version's.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

The Saturn version was quite horrible. The only good things about it were the graphics and sound quality. The PSX version had better gameplay than the Saturn version.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

I liked it, it was one of the best FPSs for the system. the controls where ok once you got used to them, thats really my only complaint of the game, that and no save system. its a VERY difficult game.
Sgt Dopey

Post by Sgt Dopey »

Guys I am looking for some mappers now so if you want to help PM me
Sgt Dopey

Post by Sgt Dopey »

I haven't given up on the project yet i am up to mapping the second level
Spoiler:
And I still need help with mapping so pm me if you want to join
Sgt Dopey

Post by Sgt Dopey »

Sorry for the triple post but i am releasing a little preview because progress is getting slower and slower you can get it here: PowerslaveTC.zip

To play just drag and drop the files included onto your GZdoom.exe (or Zdoom.exe if you really must)
taufan99

Post by taufan99 »

actually i want help you for mapping, but my mapping skill extremely poor.
also, i have checked this mod, you have doing a little move to it. keep mapping for MAP02, dude!
and learn more for DECORATE, you will can make another actors(mummies,puma women,terranians(little red spider thing),etc.)
if you want enhance your knowledge about Powerslave, go here
Sgt Dopey

Post by Sgt Dopey »

If some one could get me the Cd music of either the Pc, PS1 or saturn versions of the game i will be very grateful

And taufan99 you can try mapping for the project all the textures and sprites are in PowerslaveTCActors.wad and PowerslaveTCTextures.wad

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”