Doom sprites HD (8x) version v03 released

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Doom sprites HD (8x) version v03 released

Postby iLikeTheUDK » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:19 pm

And also remember to hide the faded remainders from the previous frames before you export - It looks like there's another ghost imp following this imp.
iLikeTheUDK

Postby thief666 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:42 pm

OH, I forgot.
The sprite dimensions should exactly match orinal proportionally scaled.
It means that you can modify my sprites but dont mke them any wider, taller or smaller. otherwise sprite will be shrinked or stretched in-game.

***TRick that can be used is if you want to make it shorter than original, put one almost transparent pixel in the very top edge so

Animated imp looks nice indeed, I love improved ches, I think my hands are not too bad, head is nice.
Regarding head - one more thing we can do is to have imp "nod" his head a little bit as he walks , tricky part would be to keep restrictions I mentioned above I can do that.

And last thing - I am almost done with angled frame - we can do the same to angled animations and so on.
thief666

Postby iLikeTheUDK » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Also, I don't like how his mouth opened and closed again and again. It wasn;t in the original imp, and it looks weird.
iLikeTheUDK

Postby FDARI » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:47 pm

It takes him from roar/growl/snarl to much-munch (pacman imp). The gape/close loop evokes the arcade-game "eating-machine of death". Won't look very doomy in a horde of imps; especially not if you're unlucky enough to get them synchronised. (Although it clearly says "We're coming to eat you", which is always nice.)

If the flow ingame differs from the posted animation (so that it doesn't look like a halfway chomping motion) it might not look so silly, but the animation gives the impression that the imp already has something to chew.

I say things in this thread from time to time. Whenever I think it almost matters. Tried drawing some stuff as well (not for this project, just placeholder programmer "art"). Helps me how much I appreciate the work of competent artists. If my posts say little more than (an extended) "thank you", I tend not to press "submit". Every now and then, I think there's room for another one, though. Like this one. On behalf of myself, with much hope for a complete product: Thank you, all contributors.
FDARI
Melbourne is actually pronounced Mel-Byn, as though it were a wizard.

Postby iLikeTheUDK » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:53 pm

LOL Pacman Imp. A pretty entertaining description of the problem, I should say.
iLikeTheUDK

Postby TheMorden » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:26 pm

yeah i thought it looked weird aswell, but LMFAO PACMAN IMP, priceless
TheMorden

Postby TheMorden » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:22 am

@theif666, how are those side angles coming, its to bad you haven't already finished them, im going on a long bus ride and would have liked to work on them on my way back home, provably a god 27 hour trip too haha
TheMorden

Postby thief666 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 pm

hey, TheMorden,

so its really early stage basically EVERYTHING needs corrections (perspective, colors, blending, lightning)
but if you thin you can start doing heads your way from this stage then go ahead:)
Maybe judge could help to fix chest a bit?

In meant ime I can go back to front frames and do this little head "nodding" for walking anim as well as chest animation (has to follow a bit arms movement - unless Judge could haelp with this as well:)

thief666

Postby TheMorden » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:16 am

thief666 wrote:hey, TheMorden,

so its really early stage basically EVERYTHING needs corrections (perspective, colors, blending, lightning)
but if you thin you can start doing heads your way from this stage then go ahead:)
Maybe judge could help to fix chest a bit?

In meant ime I can go back to front frames and do this little head "nodding" for walking anim as well as chest animation (has to follow a bit arms movement - unless Judge could haelp with this as well:)

man that is great!
TheMorden

Postby Enjay » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:18 am

There is something about the facial expression on the rotated one that reminds me of...

Spoiler:
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby thief666 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 am

heh Enjay is right :) Jaw should be retracted a bit :)
after we done with angled frames thare will be shooting frames to add and we can try it in the game (front/fron-angle and shooting are the most commonly appearing frames in-game , unless you shoot the imp, which whould be a bad thing since its such a nice sprite:) )

@TheMorten - what kind of software are you using to animate sprite? Once I was looking for good, free GIF creator and failed to find one...
thief666

Postby hfc2x » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Beavis or not, I think the jaw is fine.
hfc2x
DoomEU is not dead, just inevitably headed for a Mordeth nomination.

Postby Project Dark Fox » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:07 am

hfc2x wrote:Beavis or not, I think the jaw is fine.

I must admit that I agree with this statement. The overbite is quite appropriate for it.
Project Dark Fox
Married Furry Anxiety Bucket

Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Enjay » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:16 am

Underbite :P

It was more than just the jaw. The whole facial expression said "Beavis" to me. It's not awful, just something I spotted. I guess I'll have to load the old '94 Beavis and Butthead sound pack when I play with the sprites. Oh the horror! ;)
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby .+:icytux:+. » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Keep up the fascinating work, looks terrifying yet close to the original. Looks pretty consistent between the rotations!
.+:icytux:+.
Mr. Happy of the Day!

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects