[Release] 6Axis

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Steve1664

Re: [Release] 6Axis

Post by Steve1664 »

Say, any chance there could be a separate mod pack featuring only the weapons (or at least the regular Doom analogs) without the monster and item changes? That'd be really nice since the weapons are actually my favorite part so far.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Also, some potential issues: in many of the mods I play zombie grunts don't seem to drop much pistol or shotgun ammo; now and then I get a few clips or shells, but more often than not there's a complete drought of them. Is this something that can be patched up or fixed?
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

First of all: Perfect wad IMO. Everything is very nice and well made, and I like that the zombies dont drop their guns and instead ammo, making it much easier for the game to decide when to issue you a gun (minus the second pistol). But, Maybe add a chance for shotgun guys and commandos to drop larger packs of ammo as a rare drop, as secondary pistols already give a hefty amount of pistol ammunition.

Love the spectral enemies, and their weakness towards visibility under flash-light, but perhaps add an effect that makes them have a dull, short, continuess glow? Like, only for an extra second or so.

And finally, does the plasma rifle scope have a real purpose? Perhaps it could be more useful for sniping if you change the firemode when scoped; a scoped shot consuming a decent few cells for a slightly faster but more powerful shot that has more benefiet for sniping? I dunno, I think it would be good. Put more emphasis on using the scope; but make sure that continues scope use with the Plasma Rifle would actually put the player back, and to get the most for your cells, you should use the main-fire.

All-in-all, my favorite mod. Good work!

10/10
PFL

Post by PFL »

Jimmy,

I finally am scared of the Cyberdemon once again; great job on the ennemies makeover. The flashlight's multi-purpose is a perfect add-on (It took 18 years before somebody got this right, but It was worth it). I think the chaingun's fast diminishing ammo has been mentioned. I could go on and on but, I think you got the message; this is GREAT in all aspects, with very tiny little adjustements needed to make it even better.

:rock:

Oh, and I forgot to tell how mad loving I am of the dual pistol's alt-kick; killer move man.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Thanks for the feedback everybody. A small update is coming to just patch up some of the concerns that people had. It should be a good update. :D
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

I thought I was becoming nuts when cybie kept kicking my ass all time, and usually it was on the contrary.
Now when someone too has "minor" difficulties with cyberdemon, I can finally assure myself I am now least average Doom player. :lol:

So far, I don't got any issues, or problems, but one thing has been bothering me.
The plasma gun, and the secondary - scope - feels bit redundant. If it is meant for stationary enemies on platforms and such, then I think it is ok. But mobile targets give some difficulties.

All in all, waiting for the patch. ;)
Clebardman

Post by Clebardman »

knuckles are strange. If you hold alt-fire, the doomguy will keep is fist in front of him doing nothing, and nuke an enemy if you release alt-fire/pull back your arm. I'm pretty sure that's not how your supposed to use knuckles in real life ^^

didn't tried much, but i can already tell i love the flashlight.

edit : the supershotgun has a pumping animation when you select it, but is not pump-loaded. dual pistols sometime refuses to load if you have low ammo (didn't worked with 7 bullets, and 11 if i remember), wich felt strange. they also have separate clips but i guess it's an engine limitation (i mean you can have dual fully loaded and single pistol empty ^^). it also felt weird that single pistol was semi-auto while dual are auto.
another nitpick : the machinegun makes a very, very lood noise. It's kinda irritating, plus your shotgun feels like it goes "pew" when you use it after the machinegun
the bfg is also a bit wonky. the alt-fire is strange, it seems fully charged blast is bigger but has no splash at all (at least it doesn't hurt the player while half-charged blast does), and still consume 20 ammo.
those ghost enemies are perfect btw. Doom2 lvl 2 dark rooms were terrifying. so far i love the mod.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Clebardman wrote:knuckles are strange. If you hold alt-fire, the doomguy will keep is fist in front of him doing nothing, and nuke an enemy if you release alt-fire/pull back your arm. I'm pretty sure that's not how your supposed to use knuckles in real life ^^
It's more of an initial swinging motion to clock the demon square in the face, then after releasing fire, you bring your fist across his face/throat and carve him a new one. :P The knuckles simply add some extra rip-and-tear to the default punch.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the BFG's semi-charged shots - I'm pretty sure those weren't meant to damage the player.
PFL

Post by PFL »

Do you have a release date for this update? It's just that I want to save $ on machine gun clips :-D
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Not yet, but it should be ready very soon. ;)

By the way, I've increased the maximum amount of the rifle ammo - but I don't really want to reduce the weapon's rate of fire or ammo consumption. Hopefully this will provide some sort of solution to the problem.
PFL

Post by PFL »

If problem there was ... you made the good adjustment.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

"Hmmmm.... Cool mod, yay!" *click*
Link wrote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wad-files/6axis_beta1.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at jimmy.phenomer.net Port 80
DARN IT.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Same problem as with the Pendulum MIDIs. My whole site is down at the moment because Wartorn is migrating it from Phenomer to a VPS. Phenomer itself will disappear in about a month's time, but my stuff will remain, supposedly at a different URL.

Anyway, I'll be uploading a new version of 6Axis once I get my stuff back online. :)
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

:D Download is up. Cool mod BTW.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”