[WIP] Talons of Darkness Quadrilogy (ZDooM)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Wargasm92

Re: [WIP] Unnamed.wad (4-Episode Doom Wad) still needs a nam

Post by Wargasm92 »

Damn having no replies. Oh well.

Work on the beast rolls on and on, down a (nearly) endless road:
Episode 1: "Aftermath"
Full Version 1.01 - Finished. Fixed mostly monster behaviours (i.e. the seeker projectiles from the Guardian of the Rift being too accurate and lasting forever)
Episode 2: "Demonstorm"
Map07 - Finished.
Map08 - Nowhere near it. But will take less time to build than Map07.
Map09 - Not even close. (but the boss of Map09 is about 40-60% done :) )
Titlemap - Oh, yes, comrades. We have a titlemap this time around. Real working cameras and everything, and a nice repeating battle between UAC marines and demons for your honest enjoyment. Mwuhahahahahaa!
Custom Weapons - Getting there. Done the Blood Orb (pending decision to replace with something different). Done the Spike Wyrm (keeping it). Done the Draconic Icon (keeping that too, though still tweaking damage and effects a little). Done the Unmaker (licks lips). Have not done the Hellstorm Forge (but it will be pretty awesome, don't worry). Have not done the Defiler (replacement (improvement-and-demon-version) for the Plasma Gun). And there you go. P.S. Sorry, Demon Eclipse, but some of your effects are just too good not to include. Will be fully credited, all very proper, but I just love the idea of using so, very....Zerg-like attacks. In fact, I f***ing love it.
Custom Monsters - Progressing Nicely. Still got sh*tloads to do, but doing it well, at least so far.
Please note. Epic is included. Epic is always included.
Guaranteed. ;)

Wargasm92. Needs sleep.
Ethril

Re: [WIP] Unnamed.wad (4-Episode Doom Wad) still needs a nam

Post by Ethril »

Wargasm92 wrote:Also, you are right in thinking that perhaps The Fallen (which originally starts off as a monster with a 2*(DOOM BASE DAMAGE VALUE) attack and 200 health, which I amped up to I think it was 6*(the base value) and 4000 health, taking at least 4-6 BFG direct hits to kill, as it has the +BOSS flag and the +NORADIUSDMG flag, causing it to ONLY take damage from direct hits (in which case, the plasma gun will actually do more damage than the BFG for the amount of cell ammo used, provided you hit the beast).
That's not how the BFG works. :nope2:
Doom Wiki wrote:Even cyberdemons and spiderdemons, which are immune to blast damage, are affected by these rays.
Wargasm92

Re: [WIP] Talons of Darkness Quadrilogy

Post by Wargasm92 »

Haha! Finally, we have a name.

@Ethril, wow. I truly thought that they didn't take blast damage, even from the BFG. I mean, in hindsight it kinda makes sense that they do, but...thanks anyway, for clearing that up. ;)

The beta release of Episode 2: "Demonstorm" is on it's way. It will end with killing the boss on MAP09 (from MAP07 - Rock and Roll), after which the player is finally sent to the regions of *actual* hell, as opposed to the demonic outposts you've seen so far (EP1 MAP03 - Before the Storm ... Hell Outpost. EP2 MAP07/08 - Rock and Roll / Xyr ... Hell Outposts. EP2 MAP09 ... Boss Level. Hell yeah.), which will be Acheron (a sea of lava, with islands of rock and not a few demonic citadels), Morbaal (a great wasteland, dotted with the castles of various Hell Nobles), Raast (a chaotic, disordered region, mainly floating islands etc lots of floating head monsters, where nothing absolutely *has* to make sense, at all...:) ) and possibly a secret level on Tei Tanga. (if that ISN'T a region of hell, which I have been lead to believe it is, someone please tell me...;) )

The Boss of MAP09 will be the gatekeeper of Acheron, and while I was originally going to be using a custom-coded boss of my own, however when I saw how bad-ass the Inferno Demon from Realm667 is, it seemed a lot more appropriate (besides being much more deadly).

Sorry I haven't been putting up screenies and links or anything, I've been a little pre-occupied lately. If not today, then I should have at least a couple of screenshots up by tomorrow. Sorry for the wait!

Wargasm92, out.
Wargasm92

Re: [WIP] Talons of Darkness Quadrilogy (ZDooM)

Post by Wargasm92 »

Well, the download link to the beta of Episode 2 is up. Tell me about any bugs you find, I haven't had time to playtest it as thoroughly as usual, that and I've had a strange lack of outside playtesters. Wierd. Anyway, the download link is up, and it's on the first page, near the bottom. Screenshots as well. :)
Wargasm92

Post by Wargasm92 »

Screenshots of Episode 2 - Maps 08 & 09 will be up soon, and as soon as I get some progress done on MAP10 (major redesign underway) I will post up the download link for it. Thanks all.

Wargasm92, out.

EDIT: I'll be coding the Defiler (Plasmagun Alternate - #6 Defiler) today, so you can have a look at that when I finish MAP10 - The Gates of Acheron. Keep an eye on this topic.

P.S. It is extremely depressing when no-one replies to your thread for about 4 weeks. Oh well, I guess. I'm not giving up.

P.P.S. I've been asked to join another project, and accepted. Please note, this does not mean that I will stop making this project, nor that I will not be putting as much time into it as before.

Wargasm92, out but not for the count.

EDIT EDIT: Tei Tanga was the original setting for DooM when it was in Alpha. Heh. Some aesthetic changes, as well. Acheron is no longer a sea of lava and islands, but floating gothic citadels in the sky. This probably means that Morbaal will be changed to a series of underground caverns and caves, which works for me. Raast will remain Chaotic and Random, and I'm considering using either Crucerix (mechanical steampunk-esque) or Abaddon (probably what you imagine as classical Hell)
Conmon

Post by Conmon »

Wargasm92 wrote: Sorry, Demon Eclipse.
Wargasm92 wrote:Also, yeah, sorry for nabbing some of your sprites, Demon Eclipse.
You talking to a game?
Average

Post by Average »

I've given the last build a quick blast and I really enjoyed what I played. I'll let you know when I've played it with a bit more attention.

Don't worry about people not responding. I know it's nice to get feedback but when people aren't bitching it's a good sign that you're doing something right - people are always way more ready to moan than say something nice! :P
Wargasm92

Post by Wargasm92 »

@Common, well, talking to Eric Ou, or whoever designed the sprites/code if it wasn't him. I'm currently using the demonic flamethrower in DE as well as the Blood Leech and soon the Goregun. Other than that, I'm using the Demon Shredder's sprites, if only because the stem on Eriance's version was uncomfortably long to use, and blocked out the screen.

@Average, lol, too true. Thanks for trying it out, it's always good to hear something positive. :)
Wargasm92

Post by Wargasm92 »

Depressed bump.

Work continues, screenies (hopefully) soon. If I remember.
A little sad to discover this on page 2, near the bottom.

Wargasm92.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”