[WIP] GZDoom - Tower of Babel

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
DOOMERO-21

Re: [WIP] GZDoom - Tower of Babel

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

what is it? i downloaded a gzdoom from your link on the first post and when i execute my mod with that, appear a error.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Well, what kind of error was it anyway?
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

this
Attachments
error.JPG
error.JPG (37.53 KiB) Viewed 750 times
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

That's very helpful. Very helpful.

Try uploading the crash report, as it contains actually-useful information, as far as I am aware.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

ok,

details:
Spoiler:
Gez

Post by Gez »

The crash report is not just this. It's also a zip file that contains a lot more information, notably a minidump file which makes it a lot easier to find the line of code where the crash happened than the address in the compiled exe and some transcription to assembly.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

ok, is this??

edited: i reinstalled the old tower of babel, and no problem the mod works good, so the problem is this new tob.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(20.28 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Apparently both ToB and GZDoom (as of r1259?) are trying to allocate 4 GBs and failing. Hard. I'm not sure what happened.

EDIT: Okay, a rebuild apparently got rid of THAT.. Not sure what the fuck just happened. Updated SVN as well. Maybe it'll work this time.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

@DOOMERO-21 I'm surprised. You have been around long enough to know that just saying "it crashes and gives me some message" really isn't particularly helpful. As much information as possible should be posted if other people are going to work out what is happening on your computer when you run the program.

As for why people insist in taking the crashreport.zip file, opening it up and just posting bits of what the package contains I just don't know. To me it's pretty obvious that it is meant to be a single package and should be posted as such. I mean, why do people think the other files are in there? :shrug:

The crash instruction pretty much says what to do as well...
An error report has been created that you can submit to help improve ZDoom. You can either save it to disk and make a report in the bugs forum, or you can send it directly without letting other people know about it.
At no point does it say open the zip, arbitrarily pull out one of the files contained therein and only post the contents of that file. There are a number of files in the zip and they are there because any of them could be useful for tracking down the problem.

Also, posting the contents on the forum can mess up formatting and even change some of the entries into things like smilys or whatever.

Right, rant over. ;)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Enjay wrote:As for why people insist in taking the crashreport.zip file, opening it up and just posting bits of what the package contains I just don't know. To me it's pretty obvious that it is meant to be a single package and should be posted as such. I mean, why do people think the other files are in there? :shrug:
They don't. When you get the crash report window, there is an "Overview" and a "Details" tab. They just click on "Details" and copy/paste the content of the text window, without paying attention to the rest of the widget (that tells them that it's the content of "report.txt" and there are three other files; the content of which can also be seen there BTW.)

Then they click on "discard report"...

If you want to check it, use the "crashout" console command.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I stand corrected. I don't think I've ever clicked the "details" tab - or if I have it was a looong time ago. I just save the file and poke around inside it myself before sending it.

If it is casing more trouble than it is worth (and I don't know for certain that it is) would it make sense to remove the details tab and be explicit in the instructions as to what should be posted?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I haven't had any problems or crashes with the newest build. :)
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

NeuralStunner wrote:I haven't had any problems or crashes with the newest build. :)
hmm strange, my mod abuse a lot the a_setproperty, maybe to much a_set properties is not recomended...
FDARI

Post by FDARI »

DOOMERO-21 wrote:what is it? i downloaded a gzdoom from your link on the first post and when i execute my mod with that, appear a error.
Does it happen when you start the program (with your mod) or when you start the first map? A_SetProperty does nothing unless a map is processing, and calling it often should not cause crash. Maybe when it processes TITLEMAP; I never knew anything about titlemap.

And it does not crash at all when you're not loading your mod?
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

FDARI wrote:
DOOMERO-21 wrote:what is it? i downloaded a gzdoom from your link on the first post and when i execute my mod with that, appear a error.
Does it happen when you start the program (with your mod) or when you start the first map? A_SetProperty does nothing unless a map is processing, and calling it often should not cause crash. Maybe when it processes TITLEMAP; I never knew anything about titlemap.

And it does not crash at all when you're not loading your mod?
the error appear when i start the program, after of finnish to load.

with the old tob all is normal.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”