[WIP] U-AVP: Ultimate Aliens vs. Predator (THE AIR DUCTS...)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Xim

Re: [WIP] U-AVP: Ultimate Aliens vs. Predator (GZDoom Mini-T

Post by Xim »

Tragos wrote: I would be okay with this project supporting a COOP survival mode, even its only meant for 2-4 players.
A Skulltag Invasion mode would be awesome too. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

It might be hard to take seriously though with a title like "Alien Invasion". Heh.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

Ben2k9 wrote:loads of aliens projects going on at the mo! If you'd like to use my weapons sprites and DECORATE from my Wad, feel free :)
Thanks! For the sake of Doomishness, the DECORATE and weapon sounds can be used. I was going to rip some audio from AVP2 using WinRez LT Studio, but the latest version of it is infected with a Trojan, so this is much safer :).
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

well I ripped the sounds from AVP1 so thats good enough! and give us credit for the decorate :) but cool its looking good so far!
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

Ben2k9 wrote:well I ripped the sounds from AVP1 so thats good enough! and give us credit for the decorate :) but cool its looking good so far!
Thanks and will do!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Awesome shots, really!
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

Thanks, Tormentor! It really means a lot.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but school's been crazy busy. Things are luckily winding down and my toughest finals are also happening earlier, so this means less stress studying multiple things at once in June. Things are still happening and I'm planning out how the levels will be mapped so that the objectives/story will fit. In the meantime, here's a little something I finally got around to doing yesterday: door frames. There's more than one type, but I only took a single screen for now. Some of you may have to adjust the brightness settings, heh; MAP01's going to be the darker, creepier level in the game, being based more on the first film than the others.
Spoiler:
A little update on sound: I've added footstep sounds for the enemies (based on the ones used in the AVP 2 game) and firing sounds for the weapons that are more movie-accurate, since at first I was using the ones that originally came with the guns from R667.
Weapon behaviors have also been fine-tuned, particularly the Pulse Rifle and its under-barrel Grenade Launcher. The animations are a bit smoother and not quite as simple as they were before. I'll probably do a video on all of this soon, since actual gameplay hasn't been seen just yet.

Anyways, this was just a little post to let everyone know that I'm still here and that the project's still always in the back of my head, despite these busy times. I look forward to making more progress now that the hurdles of the year are in the process of being jumped over. :)
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

Sorry for the double-post, but this update would probably go unnoticed otherwise.

In any case, it's been a while since my last post and as the school year winds down, my productivity on the project winds up. Here's a look at a made-over room following that storage area, along with a re-done elevator. This leads to what will be the engineering sector (as if the floor above wasn't dark enough already :D).

Tragos

Post by Tragos »

Some dynamic lighting would really spruce up this already great looking project. The screens shots are a bit dark but this is normal for anything Aliens themed. :D

I have also been silently working on a few things which should stir up some excitement. Shortly I will be posting the .wad files for my character classes and decorate weapons which badly need updating. My main focus is still on textures and sprites until I've reached my goal. I'll be keeping my eye on this project Blade, decent Aliens themed mods are in short supply and U-Avp looks like it will be the awesome!
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

Hello, all!

Did a lot of much-needed work on the project today (edited the shotgun sprite, recolored the Pulse Rifle an olive/military green, instead of brown, updated the menu graphics and logo, etc.), which I'll share tomorrow.
I've also tried to include widescreen support for my status bar by using a modified copy of GRNROCK (the status bar border) colored dark blue. Unfortunately I've hit a bit of a snag and can't find where the information is for the thin greenish line at the very top of the border. MAPINFO/GameInfo lets me mess with the main border flat itself, but not the tiny sliver that sits on the top by default. Is there any way I can access the graphic or coding for this?
Spoiler:
Last edited by Blade3327 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

http://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/GameInfo_definition Border property

The graphics are defined as follows for Doom:
BRDR_TL - Top Left
BRDR_TR - Top Right
BRDR_T - Top Edge
BRDR_L - Left Edge
BRDR_R - Right Edge
BRDR_BL - Bottom Left
BRDR_BR - Bottom Right
BRDR_B - Bottom Edge

Edit: Right Edge! RIGHT! I have two left hands when typing, apparently.
Last edited by Kate on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Awe, no flame thrower? Thats iconic almost as much as the pulse rifle ;o;
Blade3327

Re: [WIP] U-AVP: Ultimate Aliens vs. Predator (WIDESCREEN PI

Post by Blade3327 »

Pink Silver wrote:http://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/GameInfo_definition Border property

The graphics are defined as follows for Doom:
BRDR_TL - Top Left
BRDR_TR - Top Right
BRDR_T - Top Edge
BRDR_L - Left Edge
BRDR_R - Left Edge
BRDR_BL - Bottom Left
BRDR_BR - Bottom Right
BRDR_B - Bottom Edge
Ah, thanks! I came across that page, but it wasn't clear what those were.

chronoteeth wrote:Awe, no flame thrower? Thats iconic almost as much as the pulse rifle ;o;
It could happen... :)

EDIT:

As promised, here are some new shots of U-AVP with the widescreen status bar (ammo counters aren't finished yet). I've since recolored the Shotgun handle a silvery gray (the old bright green wasn't too accurate nor subtle) and the Pulse Rifle a military green color. Eggs and Facehuggers have also been added using the classic sprites we all know and love, and I'll get to the Chestburster soon. The last shot shows the game menu and new logo which, after many tries with the official "written-out" title, I've decided to keep simple and Doomish.
In other news, the rapid-fire weapons and all monsters (including the tiniest and scurriest) have a variety of random sounds for their various states and I've messed with speeds, health values, and technical thing like that. Progress on the Queen is slow, but I'll see if I can make it work. I also browsed through R667 yesterday and grabbed a few extra things I might need, so things are starting to wrap up resource-wise. In terms of mapping, my work might actually become easier since I have more Alien- and Predator-ish material to use.
Spoiler:
I really ought to change the blood decal colors for my monsters...
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Better keep that mask on, Predator. Don't want you to get fisted.
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

I can't wait to see your Nostromo and Fury161 levels :D
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

Looking sweet!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”