Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby Jake Crusher » Sat May 07, 2011 5:41 am

Excuse me please, for this sudden intrusion of mine, but can I ask a few things?

1) How did you manage to extract AT's sprites? I tried myself, but failed :(
And if you were able to do that, maybe it is possible to extract some more sprites from AT (like eggs, facehuggers...), textures, and put them in TC, at least as a separate wad - file?
2) Is it possible to make a...ummm..."facehugger death" state? Just like it was in "Alien Quake", "AvP" & "AvP 2"?
User avatar
Jake Crusher
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Location: Who gives a beep from where I am? :)

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby Virtue » Sat May 07, 2011 6:04 am

1) I didnt, I found the resources here :P and there should be a topic about AT sprites in the resources section

2) I'm working on it, but at the moment I can't, ive got all the graphics and part of the code ready, I'm waiting on whether A_jumpiftargethealth will be accepted because i need it for it to work!
User avatar
Virtue
We Stand to Fight
 
Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby Jake Crusher » Sat May 07, 2011 6:30 am

Oh, thank you very much for your quick reply. Found that topic already :)
Yeah, that will be great if you could add it ("facehugger death") as well.

Played this TC. Really scaaary, if you ask me. You never know where to expect THEM. Lights in and out, and the Hive...
Still, gotta say that levels need to be polished a bit. And I don't mean texture aligning - sometimes I bump into something, that is blocking my way (those "columns" in the Hive). Also, not enough ammo, but more of it will probably ruin the atmosphere of TC.
Music give additional suspense as well, but maybe some tracks from Alien Trilogy might help?
User avatar
Jake Crusher
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Location: Who gives a beep from where I am? :)

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby Virtue » Sat May 07, 2011 11:49 am

there is a music wad in this thread :) and the columns are destroyable! its a carr over from the original...
User avatar
Virtue
We Stand to Fight
 
Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby DrDoctor » Sun May 15, 2011 10:22 pm

As promised, here's my rendition of e3m1.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k788hi -accidentally uploaded only the resource pk3 :? , here's both the map wad and resource pk3.

Features
-converted to take advantage of UDMF features
-complete retexturing using modified AVP2 textures
-new inventory items -flashlight and flares
(you start with the flashlight. default key "F")
-rearranged enemy and item placement (you don't get all weapons at the start and ammo is more of a precious commodity)[/color]
PROTIP: Save your grenade and flame rounds for the end
-some minor cosmetic changes to weapons (gunflashes and grenade smoke)
-music from Alien Trilogy (if you don't like it there's always "stopmus" in console)



Some things you should be aware of
-This map has a VERY big surprise at the end. (which can be completely spoiled if you view the PK3 contents, so please finish the map before you go snooping around in the data)
-This map is meant to be played with either DOOM or DARK sector light modes. Any other mode robs it of its atmosphere.
-Because of the heavy reliance on dynamic lights, this wad is meant to be used in GZdoom.
-the playerclass had to be changed to accommodate the weapon changes and inclusion of the flashlight.
-the map has 4 secret areas, but for some reason the UDMF format does not make this apparent.
-the next major update will follow Ben2k9's update to the main wad, but if any problems show up beforehand, I'll release a quickfix ASAP.
Last edited by DrDoctor on Mon May 16, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DrDoctor
 
Joined: 06 Nov 2009

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby timmyr0x0r » Mon May 16, 2011 6:17 am

You posted only the resources. You forgot the map.
User avatar
timmyr0x0r
 
Joined: 27 Mar 2010

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby Virtue » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:08 am

UPDATE: REV 03 of the mod is up, new stuff includes: New warrior and drone sprites, chestbursters!, aliens now spurt acid when they die and other additions!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/czpxjp

Level changes will come along gradually, as for speech, I've made the exectutive decision to leave it as a seperate pack, which will be done in due time

EDIT: small glitch noticed so reuploaded with a different link
User avatar
Virtue
We Stand to Fight
 
Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby ShadesMaster » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:25 am

MUCH better Alien sprites!
User avatar
ShadesMaster
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2008

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby TheDoomGuy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Gah. Use Mediafire. That way, downloading won't take ten years.
User avatar
TheDoomGuy
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2006

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:29 pm

TheDoomGuy wrote:Gah. Use Mediafire. That way, downloading won't take ten years.

Incidentally, the problem has always been the exact opposite for me.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby EksFaktr » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Er... I'm confused. Which link is the right one? I now have 2 different files in my !incoming folder. =/
User avatar
EksFaktr
What a way to abuse an airplane.
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2008

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby Virtue » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:33 pm

the one on this page, sorry, i forgot to update the main page :S
User avatar
Virtue
We Stand to Fight
 
Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby timmyr0x0r » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:56 am

DrDoctor wrote:As promised, here's my rendition of e3m1.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k788hi -accidentally uploaded only the resource pk3 :? , here's both the map wad and resource pk3.

Features
-converted to take advantage of UDMF features
-complete retexturing using modified AVP2 textures
-new inventory items -flashlight and flares
(you start with the flashlight. default key "F")
-rearranged enemy and item placement (you don't get all weapons at the start and ammo is more of a precious commodity)[/color]
PROTIP: Save your grenade and flame rounds for the end
-some minor cosmetic changes to weapons (gunflashes and grenade smoke)
-music from Alien Trilogy (if you don't like it there's always "stopmus" in console)



Some things you should be aware of
-This map has a VERY big surprise at the end. (which can be completely spoiled if you view the PK3 contents, so please finish the map before you go snooping around in the data)
-This map is meant to be played with either DOOM or DARK sector light modes. Any other mode robs it of its atmosphere.
-Because of the heavy reliance on dynamic lights, this wad is meant to be used in GZdoom.
-the playerclass had to be changed to accommodate the weapon changes and inclusion of the flashlight.
-the map has 4 secret areas, but for some reason the UDMF format does not make this apparent.
-the next major update will follow Ben2k9's update to the main wad, but if any problems show up beforehand, I'll release a quickfix ASAP.


The link is dead. Can someone reupload the file please?
User avatar
timmyr0x0r
 
Joined: 27 Mar 2010

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby Naitguolf » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:42 pm

I finished again Aliens TC (long time since last time) Good improvement into a classic tc. But i think the aliens attack should be lowered. An ambush when you dont expect, is a reload. And that is not good (also because the map is too cramped) and that will make the game more fun.

One thing to improve, in order to give an amazing effect is the light. A pity that some places could be amazing is better light was used (more light details, and maybe better user of Gzdoom features like earthquakes)

The improved aliens are much better now, and cleaner. I hope new levels are made.

BTW some time ago i found some new levels to Aliens TC. Are those levels compatible with the mod?

EDIT: Yes, Orin's AL|ENS T.C. it works :)
Last edited by Naitguolf on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naitguolf
Megadriver Custom
 
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Location: London

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Postby wolfman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:56 pm

timmyr0x0r wrote:The link is dead. Can someone reupload the file please?

<Link removed>

There's a new version on page 8.
Last edited by wolfman on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
wolfman
 
 
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2004

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests